Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cross Country or All Mountain riding in the Taunus

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi All,

I'm lucky to have a job that gives me most of the time from 930 till 230 during the week free, and i like to go riding in the taunus. I'm wondering if there are any other mountain bikers that are free around this time of the day. Happy to do anything from 15-20km all the way up to 45-50km. I'm a decent rider but happy to cruise a bit too, if you're newer to the sport or a bit more cautious.

Also hoping to do the Oberusel Bike Marathon in June, and am sort of training for that, so if anyone wants a training partner let me know!

Cheers,

Ben

bnolan0@live.com.au

0157 8295 3485

Posted

Penquin100

I work during the day but am happy to go for a ride on weekends or in the evening. I live near the Hohemark station in Oberursel. My mountain bike does not arrive until June - too late to prepare for the marathon.

Cheers

OC

PS I see from yur profile that you are Australian. I'm Canadian but lived in Brisbane for the last 15 years.

Posted

Hi, I am also interested in riding socially. I am pretty fit from other sports but am not an experienced mountain biker, I do it more as a workout after getting back from the office...I live 200m from the start of the hills & forest :-)

Would be cool to go on a few rides at the weekend to discover the Taunus a bit more. Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of free time on weekdays!

Cheers

Posted

Hey :)Cool that you lived in Brisbane! I worked there for a year before coming here, and will go back in October! I'm keen for a ride one weekend, just let me know what sort of riding you're keen for. haven't been going so much because i've been going bouldering a fair bit instead (got a bit over riding alone) but definitely in if someone else is!

Posted

Hey,

I just spotted your post and I'm over riding on my own in the Taunus too! I'm definitely a beginner, but think I could manage 20km or so if you fancy an easier ride! I'm on holidays soon so could manage to make a few morning rides if you would still like some company, but am always keen to join in on a weekend meet up. I'm an Aussie too!

Cheers :)

Posted

All

My mtb arrived a couple of weeks ago and I have been exploring the area between Hohemark Station and Altkönig/Fuchstanz on the top of the hill. My bike is a xc hardtail, but I prefer any singletrack to the fire roads. If you want to ride on Saturday or Sunday, I suggest meeting at the climbing wall at the Taunus-information-Zentrum at Oberursel-Hohemark Station at 9am. I'll be riding a blue Giant.

Rick

Posted

Hi All,

I'm up for riding too, an experienced downhill tree avoider, XC and uphill rider. My bike was in an accident three weeks ago and just waiting for a rebuild which should make my Kona ready to roll on the 21st/22nd of this month if anybody is planning a ride? All this road and river riding is making my bike homesick! Maybe all get each others emails and do group email?

Cheers,

Alixir...

Posted

Just remembered that there is a downhill, XC, Jump place around 45 km south of Frankfurt, will post up details when I speak to my friend later...you even have a chairlift to take you back up to the top of the mountain :)

Posted

Anyone keen for this saturday or sunday?

Posted

Yup,

Up for a run on Sunday Penguin...drop me an email with what time and meet up place:

alixir@possiblyinfected.co.uk

Cheers!

Alixir.

Posted

I am new to the area (once again) and wondering if anyone still wants to get outside, anything active really. I have alot of free time, until work works itself out that is. I know it is cold to some, but I'm game just about anytime. madvikinger@hotmail.com