Dog owners beware, poison found in English Garden

122 posts in this topic

Posted

post-16-1131553318.jpg
I noticed a high police profile patroling the English Garden today when I took my usual run. Yesterday already I saw little notes posted all over reporting that "little packets with a blue powder" have been found lying about on the way to the Aumeister Biergarten. Today I saw a note by the Bayrische Schlösserverwaltung warning all dog owners to take their dogs only on a short leash currently. Somebody has put poisoned bait all over the English Garden and the dogs ate it and died. You can imagine what a horrible way that is to kill an animal! So please, take care of your animals when taking them for a walk in the English Garden. The Munich Police have already posted a warning on their webpage, although they talk of only four dead dogs up to now and the Schlösser Verwaltung meantioned five. Whatever. Take care!

Posted

How horrid! People suck.

Posted

While distributing poison is of course an unjustifiable criminal activity, this will force dog owners to put their pooches on a leash - such law was introduced recently that they had to do it, but it seemed to be ignored entirely.

Posted

oh yeah this was on the radio last night. Poor mutts

Posted

Whats your problem with dogs being allowed to run free and exercise?

The only thing dog owners should be forced to do is to clean up the dog crap after them.

Hope they catch the sick fcuker soon.

Posted

the English Gardens are big enough to have areas where dogs are allowed to run free and have fun (and shit where they like) and those where they are not (ie the areas where people commonly sunbathe or play sports.

Murdering pets like that is sick. I hope they find the person and put a stop to it.

Posted

problem with dogs being allowed to run free and exercise

maybe they attack the swans? (no idea to be honest). The dogs could access the poison even when on a lead I would have thought. Whatever the reason, its pretty sick

Posted

Agreed, theres no sport in poison at all. Slingshot, bow and arrow, spear or net on the other hand, thats much more of a level playing field.

Posted

That's horrible and it makes me very sad and angry, especially as it will go on and on as no one knows how many packets were hidden. Does anyone know if the poison was meant for dogs or birds (mad twisted reaction to bird flu) - not that it matters.

Posted

It will indeed probably not only effect pets, but also the wild life there. Simply very bad.

Posted

The police report says that dogs ate food that was covered with a blue powder, probably a rat poison or fertilizer. The report does not say that the dogs are dead though.

This is one of the reasons why it's a good idea to train your dog not to eat stuff they find lying around.

Posted

The report does not say that the dogs are dead though.

the radio report last night said some dogs had died. Not that that is 100% reliable of course

Posted

It's definitely cruel to poison animals like this. However, I think dog owners ought to take care of their dogs. I was sitting on the ground & reading today, and a dog while chasing another just ran into me! Another time, a dog which had just taken a dip in the river splashed itself all over a woman nearby. That's simply disgusting!

Posted

@Yeti

The paper posted all over in the Northern part of the English Garden, which had been put up by the Schlösser Verwaltung, says that five animals have actually died. Unfortunately they do not have the warning up on their homepage, but one can contact them for information on the link that I posted earlier. I didn't want to rip off the warning, scan it in and post it here. ;)

Posted

According to the police the four dogs they mentioned are alive at this time.

Die erste Meldung, dass bereits Hunde durch die blaue Substanz zu Tode gekommen sind, konnte bislang nicht bestätigt werden. Alle betroffenen Hunde sind am Leben.

They reckon the powder could be either rat poison or fertiliser but won't have analysis results back for about two weeks.

Posted

The police report is from yesterday so they could have died in the meantime.

I've see a cat that had eaten rat poison dying. Didn't look like much fun. At least it's not the summer so the chances of a toddler picking up something are lower.

Posted

That text I quoted seems to be from today. It's an addition that they put on the original text by the looks of it. See here.

Posted

Or the squirrels.. :( Uh, I mean, I am worried about the squirrels. Beginning to speak like 32D.

Posted

May be its just naughty school kids playin an evil game.

Posted

Well my dog got poisoned and ended up in the klinic for a few days on an IV. The first vet said it was poison and the klinic said that it was a stomach infection (I tend to believe the first vet as this is the second time its happened and the first time was definitely poisoning). Either way, the neighbor's rabbit ate something too and died last month. Having been here some 8 years, this seems to be one of the things that is commonly practiced by a certain class of people who hate pets (word has it that they are older Germans with a sick dislike of pets). We have heard about this stuff happening quite often and in my opinion, these people are the scum of the earth.

Posted

Whats your problem with dogs being allowed to run free and exercise?

Running free and exercising on the grass is ok, but I almost ran into 3 dogs (in separate incidents) yesterday in the English Garden and the Luitpoldpark while I was biking to work. They were running leashless across the bike/pedestrian path and the owners were clearly expecting me to swerve or brake so as not to hit the dogs. Not that they belong poisoned, but on a leash in the proper places. (No dog-fiend here, my Granny bred and trained poodles. None of them ever got run into.)

BTW, the Schlösser- und Seenverwaltung sometimes spread rat-poison themselves, but they put up big glarlingly pink or orange warning signs.

Posted

Love dogs, but have to admit some dog owners can be really stupid jest letting their dog on a lead go across the cycle path while your bombing along and then smiling as if its funny.

But animal poiseners are sick sick sick

Posted

the problem with germany and dogs:

1. many germans are nicer to dogs than to children. I have both and my experience is that many germans tolerate much more from dogs than children. this baffles me as I come from a italian household where children always ruled. when my son pulls a single leaf from the vine of my neighboors plant he goes ape shit. when my dog pisses on his door, he says "well its a dog , er kann nicht dafur?" absurd.

2. I am tired of dog shit everywhere I go in the park. it is everywhere and it is annoying. people complain that their dogs need to run. well fuck you, my kids need to run in the park without stepping in dogshit.

take your dogs to forest. dog piss also stinks.

3. dogs belong on farms not in big cities. it is not fair for the animal.

4. Everyone has a dog! Everyone, yet the birthrate in europe is low. Start having babies you euorpeans and forget about dogs. It is absurd.

Pierre

Posted

the problem with germany and dogs:

I agree with what you say but I'm a big dog lover. Dogs bring a lot of joy to humans (as do kids, I have heard). Its probably not incorrect to say that we have had dogs as pets almost as long as we have had kids?

If we ship out the dogs, we should ship out the screaming kids

Posted

Well my dog got poisoned and ended up in the klinic for a few days on an IV.

Did you see what your dog ate? Curious. A friend of mine said her dog died after eating poison left out for rats (not in Germany).

@ sarabyrd & MadAxeMurderer: looks like we could start a thread on "dog leash or no dog leash"

4. ...Start having babies you euorpeans and forget about dogs. It is absurd.

Ya. Dogs can't put into the pension pool.