New friends in Ffm

27 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm relatively new to Frankfurt and know that there are plenty of native English speakers here, so I thought I'd give this a try.

I moved to Germany 4 years ago for my then-boyfriend, now-husband. We moved from Cologne a few months ago and I'm looking for a few friends to get together for shopping, chatting over coffee, afternoon strolls... I worked while in Cologne, but am now taking a career break.

A little about me:

1. I'm Korean-American. I was born and raised in New Jersey and went to Uni near Chicago.

2. I love travelling. Not resort vacations, but going places and taking part in life, learning a bit of the language and tasting new food.

3. I've somehow never grown out of teenagery, drama series. (Gossip girl, anyone?)

4. I love a good political/socio-economic discussion.

5. My German is somewhere between B2 and C1. I still prefer to speak in English.

PM me if you have any questions. I look forward to hearing from you!

Posted

Hey Perry Rose,

I am a 27 year old female, living in Ffm for 4.5 years now. I am married, Indian of origin. My German is bad - around A2, am going to enroll in German classes soonnn. Incidentally, am also taking a career break at the moment. If you like we can catch up. Kindly message me if you are interested. :)

Posted

Hi Divya,

It would be great to get together sometime. I can't seem to message you, so can you PM me your email address so we can set something up? Look forward to hearing from you and enjoy the sunshine!

Posted

Hey Perry, sent you a private message in TT. Hope you got it :)

Posted

Hi Perry & Divya,

This is siddharth. I don't know if this is an all girls event.

If it is not, I am up for it as even i don't have anything to do after work.

Would be nice to meet up and chat.

Regards

Posted

Hi Everyone!

I am Rashi, 28 yrs old married Indian girl. I have been living in Frankfurt for over a year now. It would be great to meet you guys and make some new friends. Please let me know if you guys are plannig to meet in the coming days.

See ya!

Rashi

Posted

Hey Perry / Divya / Siddharth n Rashi,

this is Nidhi this side,here since 4,5 yrs,married n pretty good with german...wud love to meet u guys whenever u plan the next meet up.

Hope to catch ya soon.

Have a superb WE :)

Cheers

Posted

Hi Perry,

Did you know that there is an American Womens Club in Frankfurt (well the Taunus but close enough). There is also an Aussie Rhein/Main group if you want to mix it up. You can find us on Facebook under OzConnect.

http://www.awctaunus.org/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/9966407351/

Cheers

Rhonda

Posted

Hej guys and girls,

if it is not only limited to young without children then i am willing to join your group too.me and my wife (35years/30 years) living here for lat 5 years...and would like to enlarge circle of english speaking like minded,like cultural people.send me pvt msg if i apeal to you.

best wishes,YK

Posted

Hello everyone. I want to revive this topic because I am looking for English-speaking people who have time and interest to meet on weekdays (in the morning/early afternoon) in the Frankfurt area. I have been in Germany for more than a year but my acquaintances in Frankfurt have moved on. I don't live in the city myself but I like to go when I can, and I would enjoy making it more of a social thing.

We could, for example, go to a coffee shop, visit a gallery or museum, go shopping, go to the Palmen Garden, etc.

I am 26 years old, from the US and have no children, but I am happy to do activities with kids, too.

Hope to hear from those who also have free time during the day!

Posted

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this post is still valid but I thought I'd give it a go. I'll be moving to Hofheim am Taunus from Cologne in February. I'll be 37 weeks pregnant by then and am really eager to meet new people in the Taunus area and Frankfurt.

I'm 29 years old (will be 30 by then!) and have been working as an English teacher at an English school in Cologne for the past seven years. My husband is German and my German is ok but I would like to meet other English speakers too, with or without children. The idea of moving is exciting but also pretty daunting so do get in touch if you are about and want to meet up.

:-)

Posted

Hi everyone,

I am an Indian corporate lawyer. I have recently moved to Frankfurt to work with a German corporate firm. Would be nice to meet new people in town.

Posted

Hi!

I am a Canadian who moved here just over 2 months ago . Would love to meet up and explore the area with some fellow foreigners!

Steph

Posted

hey all, quite happy that this group has revived because i just moved to frankfurt too, interested in meeting some new people in the area! i am a student, just turned 26 and originally from philippines/australia. how about brunch/dinner some time?

Posted

Hey everyone. Don't know if this post is still active. I just arrived in Frankfurt one week ago from NYC am looking to meet some new people. I'm 33 years old, living here with my boyfriend who is German. I can meet up for coffee, lunch or maybe take a tour of a museum.

Posted

Hi everyone

I am a regular visitor to Frankfurt on weekends as my boyfriend lives there but would like to meet other English speakers in Frankfurt as I'll probably be persuaded to move there in the not too distant future. I shall be in Frankfurt this weekend, 12-13 January, if anyone might be available to meet for brunch on Sunday perhaps at Mirador in Bornheim.

Posted

Hi!

I'm 28 and I moved to Frankfurt 2 months ago. I live here with my boyfriend and teach English. I'd love to meet some new people, just to go for a coffee or visit some new place in Frankfurt. I speak English fluently and I can communicate quite well in Spanish. I know basic Norwegian but I don't have many opportunities to use it, I'd love to practice it though, if there are any Norwegians out there ;) I love traveling, getting to know other cultures, learning languages, going out, doing some light sports, reading books and watching movies.

Magda

Posted

Hi

I am 28 Y.O and recently moved to Frankfurt with my wife. I would like to meet new people here and get some social life of my own ;). If there is any plan for a meet up for coffee or snack then plz post it or could even PM me.

You could often find me in library or in Starbucks if not there, then probably I am watching movies ;)

P.S. I have Import&Export firm where i work, just on small scale for now

Shekhar

Posted

Hello,

I am happy that this topic is revived. My girlfriend (Meredith) and I have recently moved to Frankfurt. I am doing my PhD in Darmstadt and Meredith is getting trained to become an English teacher in Frankfurt. Maybe we could get together this friday in the evening. Is anyone up for going to the Sam's Sportsbar or O'Dwyer's Irish Pub in Sachsenhausen on Friday evening?

Best

Mani

Posted

I am 23 years old, comes from Norway and has lived in Frankfurt (Kriftel) for about 2 years in total. But, since I'm not working and my boyfriend studying and working, I'm alone a lot, and it's not so easy to meet new people when my my German is not particularly good. So I really miss some English speaking people I can talk to!

I have 2 dogs that I train active - otherwise I really loves to photography, traveling, watching the seasons, going to the cafe, etc.

Please contact me by PM if anyone wants to meet :)