Lohnsteuerkarte 2012

29 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey all,

I went through all the previous posts about the Lohnsteuerkarte and none of them apply to now.

I just moved here and need a Lohnsteuerkarte. Friends have told me they are electronic now and I don't need one? (truth to that??). What should I do in order to get one? I looked online to see if I could fill something out, but wasn't able to find anything. Do you have any links? Do I have to go down to KVR?

I've lived here in the past, but was registered under a different Gemeinde. I don't have any of my old paperwork either.

Thanks for the help!

Posted

It's all done electronically now. They don't give them out any more. Since you are new to Germany, then

your registration info will be given over to the finanzamt (Tax Office) and they will issue you a Tax ID #

that you give to your employer.

If you go down the the KVR or where ever you registered (You did register right?) and bother them enough

they MIGHT, give you some temporary form..

Posted

Friends have told me they are electronic now and I don't need one? (truth to that??).

Not true.

The introduction of the electronic Lohnsteuerkarte was pushed back to 1. January 2013.

What should I do in order to get one?

Please read Tax number in Düsseldorf for details how to get the Lohnsteuerkarte from your local Finanzamt.

Since you live in Munich, your local Finanzamt is at Deroystr. 6, map.

So go to the Finanzamt at Deroystr. 6 and there, next to their big glass Service Centre cube they have opened a special office that deals just with the Lohnsteuerkarte (they have an arrow from the Service Centre pointing the way).

Opening times:

Monday - Wednesday: 7.30 - 16.00

Thursday: 7.30 - 18.00

Friday: 7.30 - 12.30

Posted

Thank you Panda! Sounds good. I'll head down there tomorrow and try and take care of that. Anyway of doing this online? Should I get that steuer-ID and steuernummer while i'm down there?

Posted

Sorry, no way of doing it online, you have to go there in person.

The Steuer-ID you will get in a few weeks in a letter to your postal address from a completely different institution, the Bundeszentralamt für Steuern.

The Steuernummer you will get assigned once you submit your first tax return, you don't need one earlier since you're an employee (being an employee you need a Lohnsteuerkarte!)

Posted

The online Lohnsteuererklärung works with ELSTER.

Posted

The online Lohnsteuererklärung works with ELSTER.

Ah, but he was asking about the Lohnsteuerkarte :)

Posted

As far as I know I haven´t handed a Lohnsteuerkarte out to the Finanzamt for the past two years, but only packed up the printout you receive from your employer along with the tax declaration. No more cards here for two years now.

Posted

@Baldham Boars

That printout you get from your employer each year is called the Lohnsteuerbescheinigung and is just a certificate stating your gross salary, tax and social security deductions. Those tax deductions were calculated based on the details from your old Lohnsteuerkarte (tax class, no. of kids).

Expecting the handover to the electronic system (which will most probably take place in 2013) they didn't issue new paper Lohnsteuerkarten in 2011 or 2012.

The OP however, just having started to work here, has no old Munich Lohnsteuerkarte from 2010 to give to his employer, so he needs to go to the Finanzamt and get one from them - not to hand something in.

He will then give that Lohnsteuerkarte to his employer, who will in due course (January 2013) give him his Lohnsteuerbescheingung stating what his gross salary and deductions in 2012 were. The OP will then use what's written on the Lohnsteuerbescheinigung to fill in the tax forms for the tax return (step-by-step instructions in the yellow section of the TT Elster wiki).

Posted

I work in Munich since January 2011 and I received my Lohnsteuerkarte last year. This year I will do my first tax return.

Will I receive a NEW Lohnsteuerkarte for 2012?

Posted

Will I receive a NEW Lohnsteuerkarte for 2012?

No.

Posted

I went to the KVR and they sorted it out, took about 3 weeks to arrive though.

Posted

What arrived?

And which year are you talking about?

Posted

Hi Batman (and other onlookers),

I just went through this yesterday in Mannheim. I went to the Finanzamt with my Anmeldebestätigung and my passport. I had no appointment beforehand; I just dropped in. I explained (in German) that I registered with the city last week and that I needed a Lohnsteuerkarte to start work on March 1, 2012. I filled out a form, the agent entered it into his computer, and after a few minutes he gave me a Bescheinigung für den Lohnsteuerabzug 2012. He signed and stamped this paper for me.

The whole process took less than ten minutes.

Hopefully it will be as pain-free for you :)

Posted

Im confused about the Lohnsteuerkarte for 2012

I started working in Germany in Sep 2011 and was issued with a Lohnsteuerkarte. Last month i changed jobs, and now my employer is questioning whether my document issued in Sep 2011 is valid for 2012. Was i supposed to go back to the Finanzamt at the beginning of 2012 to get a new Lohnsteuerkarte certificate?

How long is the document valid, if is was issued in 2011?

Please help :)

Posted

It will essentially be valid until they get their asses in gear and get the electronic version running - certainly 2012, probably 2013

Posted

Yes, don't worry, your old Lohnsteuerkarte will remain valid until they will change over to the electronic one.

Barring major mishaps, they will automatically issue electronic ones starting 1. January 2013.

Posted

My current paper-based Lohnsteuerkarte (Steuerklasse I, no church tax) was issued to me early 2011.

I understand the electronic one kicked in on Jan 1, 2013. What will I have to do, if anything? Will my employer continue to use the information from the paper-based one?

Posted

Nothing. Yes

Posted

Hi - I'm looking for the latest info on how to obtain a Lohnsteuerkarte. People on here have mentioned things going electronic this year, but I can't seem to find anything on the Berlin Hauptstadtportal/Finanzamt website or anywhere else which confirms this. Is it still a case of just going down to the Finanzamt and applying for one in person? Or has someone come across something online?

If have to go in person, can I confirm that all I would need is my Ameldebescheinigung and employment contract - anything else? And for the Berlin offices, does anyone know if an appointment is needed?

thanks!