Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

English speaking IT jobs Friedrichshafen/Konstanz?

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey there,

I'll be moving to either Friedrichshafen/Konstanz or the surrounding areas next year.

I'm only at the a.1 level of Deutsch as I took it up a few months back. It's nowhere near what would be required in a business environment, not for the next few years anyway.

My girlfriend (German) is in college as has no clue what way companies are ran over there. I can't find out how scarce work is if you don't have German at a decent level.

I have a BA in Technology Management, 3 years IT networking experience, Microsoft Vendor exams and some other IT qualifications. I want to move there but there isn't much point if work is so hard to come by. I wouldn't mind even working in a low level graduate position while I built up my german for a year or two to fluent.

Can anyone tell me what it's like over there?

Cheers

Nigel

Posted

No one? :(

Posted

Hi, I live in Radolfzell which is 17km from Konstanz. My company is an American company named TRW, maybe u can go to our home page to find out more info. I think to find a job in a small place without German is not easy.

You are also welcome to contact me for more questions.

loveslashee@gmail.com

Posted

Why don't you try looking for a job in Zurich? German is not necessary for many skilled positions and you can easily commute by train to Konstanz.

Posted

Hi, I live in Radolfzell which is 17km from Konstanz. My company is an American company named TRW, maybe u can go to our home page to find out more info. I think to find a job in a small place without German is not easy.

You are also welcome to contact me for more questions.

loveslashee@gmail.com

Great, I'm having a browse now: Edit: Is this your company? I can't find a TRW close to Konstanz. Thanks

Why don't you try looking for a job in Zurich? German is not necessary for many skilled positions and you can easily commute by train to Konstanz.

That's a great idea. I had thought about it but wasn't sure how viable it was. The more options the better.

Cheers!

PS: Any more info is always appreciated

Posted

Your best bet might be Avira Anti-Virus Company in Tettnang, close to Friedrichshafen. They do employ people who work only in English....http://www.avira.com/en/company-jobs

Posted

Hi,

I came to Germany on Last Nov 2011 from Sri Lanka,

I live in Bruchsal(Baden-Württemberg)now,

Presently I am learning the Deutsch Language and Searching for a Job as well.

I have done Microsoft certification and have more than 8 Years expirience in the relavant field.

so if anyone can able to help me to find a job in technical field.

I am hoping somebody can help me

So if you knows of any companies that fit that what I am looking for

please send info to me about anything related to getting jobs asan English speaker in Germany.

My Email ID - ghanesh22@gmail.com

Thank You

Cheerz,

Ganesh.K

Posted

SAP has an office in Markdorf as well - and although German language skills are needed, many non-Germans are also employed (from bulgaria for example). The reason for this is that all SAP documentation takes place in English, and for SAP Consulting - different language skills are good (in case you speak a third language well). www.sap.com

Hope you find something

Hennie Conradie

Posted

I am also looking for a english spaeking job in the area does any one have any ideas. My german is not that great but I can understand a lot and plan on taking a german course.

Thanks

Matt

Posted

I am also looking for a job and find that it is getting worst by the days. I was told that the international demand for motors have gone down and big companies like MTU are already starting 'Kurzarbeit' , that is, reducing the weekly hours of work and not employing new workers at the moment...An appointment at the Agentur für Arbeit was demoralizing as the lady told me that jobs were getting scarce and I had to look out for service jobs and nothing that requires my tertiary qualifications done in English of course...what a shame I thought. If anyone has any links to any job offers, please let me know. It is much appreciated.

Posted

Thanks hennie. I am looking for work in Heidelberg and there are heaps of SAP jobs advertised - not that I have any experience in SAP.

Although I am hoping to look for work in Bioinformatics in scientific research as my first choice. Anyone got any ideas what is the best way to look for work apart from the job websites?