Families/Stay at home moms/New friends

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello there! I'm not new to the forum but new to the area. We arrived about 2 weeks ago and have settled into our temporary flat until our sea shipment arrives and we can move into our permanent place.

My husband works and my son goes to ISF which leaves me with A LOT of time to myself. I've been exploring the town(when it's not so bitter cold) and noticed many little cafe's just begging for my attention.

Looking to find out if there are other American or English speaking ladies in the area that would like to get together.

I'm very excited about our new life here but I am missing the social time with friends! ;)

Thanks!

Stacie

Posted

Hi,

just tried to post but lost everything I'd written, so I'll try again, albeit briefly:

That sounds like a lot of fun, but I'm a little too far away to meet up. Hope you find some nice people to meet up with via this forum!

Have you tried the American Women's Club of the Taunus? The website is http://www.awctaunus.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=17&Itemid=18 I'm not a member, but it looks like they have lots of things going on in the area.

Do they still periodically have morning coffee meetings for parents at ISF (organized by the Parent Network)? That might be a place to meet other moms who are new to Germany and looking to explore the area.

Good luck and enjoy your time here!

Posted

Hi stacie

I'm living in schlossborn with my husband and ten month old son and so we are only about ten mins away from you.

I usually end up driving through bad soden most days when I'm out and about. So if you don't mind my little one being with me

We could always meet for a coffee one time.

Cheers

Jules

Posted

Hi Stacie,

I also live in Bad Soden and would love to meet for a coffee if you are still interested. I moved here from Australia in November last year. I have a 3 month old son, Max.

Kasey

Posted

Hi Kasey!

That sounds great! When and where would you like to meet? I'm very close to the center of BS, you?

We moved here Feb 1. I like it so far but have ups and down being far from family and friends. So finding people that are in the same situation helps overcome it :)

Talk to you soon,

Stacie

Posted

Kasey,

That sounds great. How about Wednesday? I've been to Cafe Merci numerous times but haven't been to the other. Where is it located? What time works best for you?

Stacie

Posted

Hi All,

We just moved from UK to FF and live in Sachsenhausen. We are expecting our first baby in the end of September. Whilst my husband is at work, I go to German courses and explore the city. Would be nice to meet new friends as well! Anybody fancy to meet up? I am quite mobile (still LOL).

Cheers,

Lena x

Posted

Hi there Lena and others,

I too would be interested in meeting up. I am in Bornheim but can travel (I'm due end November, so I am still very mobile!). I have German class afternoons this week but starting next week am free both mornings and afternoons.

Best,

Erica

Posted

Hi Everyone.

I live in Frankfurt but from England.

I have a baby boy who is nearly 5months old and we would love to meet up and get to know you all.

best Jen

Posted

Hey Jenpitman.

There is Bump and Parent meeting tmr at noon.

http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=121522

I won't be able to come probably tmr, but I try to go there every time since we have moved here from England in the end of June lol.

Hope to see you there another time.

Lena x

Posted

Thanks Lena,

Unfortunately i only just checked the forum so a little late for today.

maybe next week we could meet for a coffee somewhere if you fancy it?

Jen x

Posted

Hello...I live in Bad Soden. I have a 16 month old daughter. I am American married to a German. Although I have lived in Germany for over 8 years (and have many wonderful German friends), I would love to meet other native English speakers.

Posted

Hi ladies,

I am Malaysian Chinese who used to work in Singapore till June before I relocated to Frankfurt in July this year.

I live in Schawlbach where it is only 2 stations away from Bad Soden. :-)

I speak several languages, English, Mandarin, Malay, Cantonese, basic German and a little bit of Japanese.

I was a Montessori preschool educator for the past 14 years both in Malaysia and Singapore.

Am currently 4 months pregnant and attending German classes during weekdays. I hope to meet up with the ladies here. :-)

Regards,

Jaclyn