How not to get greenies

98 posts in this topic

Posted

A homeless shelter?

Thanks

AE

Posted

You seriously started a thread for that?

The OP asked for all options on the table.

What is your problem dude? Go read that thread again, and you will see that it was an actual option discussed.

Man you guys are starting to piss me off :ph34r:

AE

Posted

It is not just any addiction..

alcohol, drugs... we have seen it several times, we all know what they do to us.. so, those who decide to go trough that road, deserve what they get...

If it is kidney failure, or ending up dead after a cocktail of pills, or even if someone sold them a mix of any white powder that is not what they expected... it is all deserved...

She/they cannot complain of lack of advise or even being short of (worldwide known) bad examples...

And even if it was someone close to me, my opinion would be the same... would not be sad by their death...

there is no perfect person i know, but only weak people try the shortcut! So they deserve what they get!

Insensitivity and lack of compassion.

Posted

What is your problem dude?

Insensitivity and lack of compassion.

I'll borrow Lavender's quote here and use it to describe your answer to someone looking for inexpensive accomodations, even though the OP did edit the post, after your insensitive reply, to include the option that you provided... I'm sure that is not what the OP in that thread was looking for.

Posted

Its not insentitive or otherwise?

Are you assuming he might not be jobless and actually looking for the CHEAPEST accommodation option?

Its an option thats it, don't make it personal. He asked for all options on the table and I gave it him one.

And PS someone told me to mind my own business, maybe you guys should learn to listen instead of preach

Thanks

AE

Posted

Man you guys are starting to piss me off

If I can get you to post just two or three more times, then you'll be pissed off...

Posted

No you are not pissing me off, you are just adding to my disappointment to this forum.

If you guys stop talking everything serious and actually read his thread, you would avoid such a stupid thread like the one you started.

of course since you are not new, they wont be bashing you for it.

Anyways continue posting and I'll continue giving you negative points like you guys did with me. Also you can continue giving me negatives, not that It matters now as you can see :)

Thanks

AE

Posted

one more should do it, but only for 20 minutes or so.

Posted

you can post again if you want to, dude. You're back under 4%. :)

Posted

As soon as I settle in, I'll be looking at events hosted on this website and hopefully get to meet a few nice people.

Thanks

AE

[sarcasm]I'm sure you'll be made very welcome.[/sarcasm]

Posted

I think the best way not to get greenies, especially as a Newbie, is to come on here and try to throw your weight around.

Maybe insult a few people while you are at it, and generally act as though you are some kind of God - we all like gods, y'know, but we also like to choose which ones we care to believe in!

Posted

To be fair... He didn't know that the reputation system was such a touchy subject on here, then he felt under attack, then he didn't know why people kept on "attacking" him (as he perceived it). We all do and say stupid things when we're in a situation in which we feel uncomfortable or under attack.

I felt the same exact way when I got here and said some of the very same things "I'm a newbie here, but not to forums", "Dude, just what is your problem", things like that.

Now he got locked out for about 20 minutes for the 4% rule, which he probably also doesn't understand, and is probably even more pissed off; I know I was. If he noticed that some of his posts got deleted removed, that probably pissed him off a lot more.

If he hadn't become a complete twat with the personal attacks and such, I probably would've helped him a bit. As it is, though, I just experienced an extreme case of Schadenfreude when he hit 4% and went away mad. :)

Posted

This guys are real hand grenade. Jumps in the middle and blows right up. Looks like your trying to fit in real nice here. You doing this at work too?

There's a Berlin thread "looking for any kind of job" I'm quit sure. I'll post you the link in a few weeks after RR kicked you out.

Posted

Don't talk about my work, don't worry about it, they were not as offensive as most of you are here.

Who new reputation points would make you guys go nuts.

Plus how about you get a degree in aerospace engineering and then come insult me. I have alot of experience here in Canada and had no problems at work.

Just dont be jealous, no néed to bring work into this. I'm sure they won't bash me if I ask them how the vacation system works there. :rolleyes:

Thanks

AE

Posted

At least now you'll be quiet for about an hour.

What a twat.

Posted

But you have made clear where you work, and kicked up a fuss. I don't know about RR, but I do know for certain that most banks would consider kicking you out for the potential bad PR.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with you, but I really would recommend not giving anyone more cause to give you a hard time on your first day. You never know which of the guys you are arguing with might turn out to be your boss ;)

Posted

AE, how tall are you , now?

I bet within 3 months in Germany you may subtract 2 inches.

Posted

Who new reputation points would make you guys go nuts.

Anybody who'd spent any time at all looking at the board.

Posted

Especially someone who'd felt the need for them so strongly that he started an entire thread about them...

Posted

You never know which of the guys you are arguing with might turn out to be your boss

Or your co-worker. Who might tell your boss. Extremely bad judgement to add so much personal information to a profile on a public internet forum.

Posted

Or your co-worker. Who might tell your boss. Extremely bad judgement to add so much personal information to an profile at a public internet forum.

He's an engineer dude and knows apparently more than you do. :rolleyes:

You had this coming and I can't hold back in spite of my trying to be polite.

Posted

Or your co-worker. Who might tell your boss. Extremely bad judgement to add so much personal information to a profile on a public internet forum.

Meh. I don't hide who I am (and I'm not the only one who doesn't) and I really couldn't care who knows who I am. He's made some worse choices (if he wants to remain on this board) than outing who he is.

Posted

Your killing me. Why should I be jealous? You should see my job and cry. I'm happy for you for getting a good job but the world is a village and your attitude here is not putting you in a favorable light. Actually I would feel sorry for you if you did lose your job at such a young age because of your hotheadedness.

How do you know our paths won't cross? The world is a village and I have had the freakiest encounters with people I knew or their friends a couple of thousand miles away from where I would have expected such an encounter. Why do you think that no one at RR would take note of your attitude here?

Consider it a warning for your own good to pipe it down, sit back and enjoy something you enjoy and then at a later date if you've got a serious question that has not been answered here on TT feel, free to ask and we will answer it. TT is after all a fountain of knowledge and will come in very handy in your near future once your over here.

Engines off.

post-25561-1329155410429.jpg

You brought up work which has nothing to do with this thread. My attitude here is based on how people are treating me and has no reflection on my work ethics or knowledge. RR should not take not of anything on here since it has nothing to do with work. And based on an on site interview with both my managers, I can say we will get along very nicely and even silly questions I might have or ask wont be bashed on like it was done here.

This thread was started to mock me for something that was legitimate, I find this to be direct hate towards me for no apparent reason. The other thread escalated into something I'm not happy with, because of a silly question I asked.

Anyways this thread needs to die down just like the other one and frankly I doubt ill use this site any further to communicate with people. If people wondered why It went out of control, its because people took something stupid too personal and I felt attacked from all directions so as natural as it seems, I defended myself. I again feel the thread topic itself didn't warrant all this propaganda.

Thanks

AE