How do I copy files to Speedport w723v DLNA server

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Can anyone tell me how to write files to an external hard drive connected to a Speedport w723v USB port? I've been able to read files from the hard drive by way of the Speedport's DLNA server, but have not been able to access the drive otherwise.

Posted

Remove the Harddrive from the Router, connect to Computer, Copy Files, Reconnect to Router

Posted

Thank you captain obvious (Darkknight), but your method would prove tedious everytime a new file needs to be added, or and old one removed. Does anyone know of a way that doesn't involve disconnecting the drive from the router, but rather accessing it through ftp, smb or otherwise? The user manual does not touch on the subject.

Posted

No, DNLA is a streaming service. It can't be used as a file sharing/copy service. Direct connection to a PC is also faster.

From what I can find Online, this device doesn't have/support direct file sharing/copy services.

Posted

I was hoping the USB port of the router, being that up to 4 devices (3 HDD + 1 printer, or 4 HDD) can be connected to it, would have more use than just a DLNA server. But again, I cannot find ANY documentation on the USB other than that.

Posted

according to the manual you can access drives connected to the USB using Windows networking and FTP, but you have to add users and allow them access to the drive.

Posted

Thanks clan, adding a user did the trick. Now I can read/write to the drive via FTP. Thanks for the help. I wish the user manual was also in english.

Posted

Is there anyway to change the language on the router interface to english??

Posted

Maybe.. But it would help if you mentioned what model box you have. Do you also have a W723V?