Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Freshbury on Leopoldstrasse

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I hope this spells the beginning of a fresh sandwich culture here. Fillings like crab-avocado sound tempting, and they do 'tea from England'.

Anyone been there?

More info from Abendzeitung here.

Posted

Been there a couple of times. Ok sandwiches, but nothing as good as Pret, at over 4 Euros for a chicken salad. The bread is rather dry, but not bad for Munich standards i.e. at least it's not Toast Brot. You can also buy a half a sandwich (one slice of bread instead of two) if just wanting a snack (interesting concept). Fresh soups to takeaway (2 small servings) are around 7 Euros and are tasty if not also a tad pricey. I believe they also have wraps. The staff are very friendly, the atmosphere relaxed, and I would pop in again if having a sandwich craving. Everything is also freshly made in their kitchens a la Pret.

Posted

I saw this a few weeks ago...I wish they were a bit closer to the University Viertel..I guess it was too much to hope for Prêt à manger quality

@STB: It's kind of funny with the pseudo-english name for a place with a pseudo-french name that's actually an english specialy haha

Posted

Interesting opinions here that it isn't as good as pret?! The last few years pret has been a horrible place to eat. Pret also do the half sandwiches but you can't blame Freshbury for taking the idea - it's great for a snack. As a previous post says, it's nice to have something other than salami, ham etc. I've been here quite a few times and since it's new the range of food changes quite alot and the staff are really happy to listen to your feedback. The place itself is really nice, and a welcome change from other snack places in Munich. I find the sandwiches pretty good and it's a great place if you're feeling a little homesick and want a cup of tea and biscuits!!!

Ok everyone has their own tastes, but it's absolutely worth a try! Recommended!!

Posted

I tried them out the other day..it was pretty nice, but way overpriced. Paying more than like €3 for a sandwich is rude, and their most expensive sandwich is just a tick under €5?! And the bread I could tell is that Golden Toast sandwich stuff..which is at best is 'meh'...ah well, there's no point convincing the Germans that they could try and make nice sandwich bread if they wanted to eh? ;)

Posted

Hello all,

interesting comments, must admit though, first in Munich, clearly inspired by pret. Yet the prices have been talked about a lot, take it from another point of view, a store which produces fresh foods everyday...you can't expect it to be cheap, all the cheaper things are with chemicals and built to last longer than a day. So i think the price is good relative to the freshness so to say. The staff are rather friendly and as stated before they like hearing feedback from the customers. As someone who visit the location quite often, I'm very pleased with the quality and service, it's a nice concept to bring to Munich. A few months ago they opened a new store at Gatnerplatz, a small sized cute store also worth a visit, the staff there are all bilingual as one would expect. Let me know if anyone has been and how they feel about the idea now thats its been a while?

Cheers

It's always nice to differ from the norm from time to time!