Calling all video gamers

146 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi all, been searching through here to see if there is a topic about video games in general, didnt find any so started this.

What games do you enjoy palying and on what system?

Anyone do any Beta testing? I signed up to test SWTOR and got my code yesterday, so I get to test this weekend. is there anyone else testing Star Wars The Old Republic?

Posted

PC or Xbox 360. MMORPG, RPG, racing, Action/Adventure. I love the fallout series, new batman game, and cant wait to play Skyrim once I get my copy.

Posted

PC & Xbox360. Looking forward for the new Saint's Row The Third (out since 17 Nov for consoles, 16 December for PC). Also heard that a new Far Cry (Far Cry 3) is coming out. I recently reinstalled FarCry 2 on the PC. (never finished it)

Posted

Yay another thread for me :P PS2 and 360, and one pc too slow to play most stuff (except the original lego racers and MW4). I used to love driving games, vehicle combat simulation I love (getting a better laptop which hopefully will let me play Silent Hunter IV again :D MW4 gets another mention cos it's great, and Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 is alright :P Oh and some games no people have heard of (no hipstero) like Metal Arms and War of the Monsters

Posted

World of Tanks (it's free by the way), Football Manager, PC only. For some reason, I associate consoles with Mario and can't play anything else on them. :)

Posted

I tried downloading World of Tanks but then realised that my computer would be way to inferior to run it :/ hopefully can play it after christmas :D

Posted

I love games. I always play on the PC but I'm hoping to get an XBox someday after having a roommate who had one. By the time that happens though, they'll probably have the next model out and the 360 will be outdated.

I just started playing Skyrim. Great game, but I'm playing on a laptop and my screen is just too small to get the full experience. I really want to buy a bigger monitor to add on to it but the whole reason I have a laptop is that it's portable. Maybe in a few months after I move. I'm also looking forward to playing Arkham City.

Posted

Arkham City is amazing, the detail they put into that game is great. I started playing a few weeks ago and cant put it down. Ive beaten the game with 1 play through, still need to get all the riddler stuff, but there is a second play through that is harder. good thing is you get to keep all your upgrades and stuff.

I hope to have Skyrim today or tomorrow, think i might call in "sick" to work so i can play all day. It looks like a game of the year/decade, from videos ive been watching. cant wait to play it on my 50" TV.

Posted

is there anyone else testing Star Wars The Old Republic?

Jup, me. I was also in the StarTrekOnline-beta, very nice, they created a special ingame-event just for us ;-)

I'm not so enthusistic about Skyrim, though. Haven't ordered it yet because I'm always through with Elder Scrolls games too fast.

Aside from SWTOR, I currently pin my hopes on Mass Effect 3. I preordered the Collectors Edition, just like with SWTOR.

P.S.: re Skyrim : Seen this already?

Posted

So I tested SW:TOR this weekend and I have to say it force chokes all other MMO's to death. It is amazing and I would recomend it to all MMO fans or Star Wars fans. I can wait to start playing on release. 20 Dec

Posted

I've had a blast with pretty much all of the classes so far. Still waiting to see how they handle key-mapping and customizing the UI. Gonna hop on right now while my massage sheets are in the washing machine.

'The Secret World' is also on my Wish List but, since Funcom is handling it, I have my worries. Age of Conan should've been groundbreaking but was released so half-assed that it just couldn't recover.

Other than that, bring on Max Payne 3 and Mass Effect 3; the game that revolutionized the genre by providing something no other game could...TRANZZ-SPECIES LEZBIAN ZECHS!!! :o

Posted

has anyone pre ordered Star wars the old republic? i want to get it on Origin cause its got the extra stuff, but dont want it to be in only German.

BTW got a new PC this weekend for SW TOR

Intel i7 860

ATI Radeon HD 5850

6 GB DDR3

3 TB HHD

i was running the game on highest settings, no lag what so ever and sooooo sexy.

Posted

PC gamer here. I play a lot of Left4Dead 2 online, also Starcraft 2. Recently I have been playing Minecraft, it's incredibly addictive.

Posted

I pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe version. Have some friends (that you trust with payment info) order it stateside for you and handle the preorder code stuff. You might need them to register it at Live as well. Some sites are smarter with the IP tagging or just worry less about it than others, it seems; an NCSoft rep blatantly told me that I can still pay the US price for the game accounts I had already registered in the US.

EA/Origin's rep for efficiency makes me cringe. All we can do is hope for the best. I'm hoping that a company with as good of a rep as Bioware has the ability to learn from other MMO company mistakes like Funcom and SOE even with EA at it's back..

Posted

Made one of the few "for me" purchases and probably my last before my son comes out and happily sinks his teeth into my meager wallet. LOL :

Intel 2nd Gen Core i7 2600K 3.4GHz processor

Dual NVidia 1GB GTX 560's in SLI configuration

8GB DDR3 Memory

1TB 7200RPM HD

USB 3.0

Sata III 6.0Gbps

850 Watt 80+ Energy Efficiency PSU

Oh...and it comes with Batman: Arkham City. :D

Considering what happened to the comp that I'm on right now while it was shipped over here, I'm hoping this new one ends up over here in one piece. I guess the only other worry I have is that the Nvidia cards are only Mini-HDMI so I guess I'll have to get a mini-to-regular HDMI cable. Any recommendations you guys have, shop-wise? The local Conrad, maybe? :)

Posted

I'm a life-long gamer (PC & Wii, PS2, PS3)... and nearly was a localization tester for Lego Batman here in town, but I turned down the job in the end.

Currently playing: finished Fallout3 a few weeks ago, now playing Drake 3, regularly play Worms Armageddon, hoping to play some games like Still Life I bought from GOG (good old games).

As for recommendations for PC shops, we just bought a desktop a few months ago from K&M Elektronik... make sure your USB ports are all in good working order.

Also, I'm getting rid of a few of my consoles since we're moving. We're currently in Munich. PM if interested.

I posted my ad for the PS2 Dance Dance Revolution.

I'll be posting another for my Wii.

Posted

I've heard good things about CLS Computer in Käfertal and apparently the Conrad in Mannheim is very good - I haven't used either personally though.

Posted

No WoW or God of War players here?