Snowboarders and Skiers Unite 2012 / 2013

94 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys,

I tried to find the best place near Munich that we could go snowboard and ski..

There are close places like Tegernsee but there is rarely snow there..

I have been on a trip to Dachstein last week(near Schladming), and I loved it..it is 2h from Munich by car.

I am considering of buying the SKI AMADE ticket(includes cca. 18 huge ski spots all very close to each other) the accommodation there is cca. 15EUR per night..

These spots have awesome snowparks!! They also have a great discount for students..

So if anyone is interested in getting the season ticket and going as often as possible..then send me a message..also is there any german forum for snowboarders?

Filip

Posted

Hi Filip,

I bought tirol snow card covering 82 resorts in tirol area including most of glaciers.. http://www.snowcard.tirol.at/

Unfortunately it does not cover Dachstein, but there are many other resorts which has larger parks.

You can see the list of snowparks here : http://www.bergfex.at/oesterreich/snow-parks/

Tirol snow card covers Mayhofen, Kaunertal, Sölden, Stubai, Hintertux, and all the resorts in the Zillertal area.

If you want to go every weekend where tirol snow card covers, I would up for sharing the car and splitting the gas cost.

I am trying to go snowboarding as often as possible, but it's always hard to find a car share. ;)

Send me pm if you are interested in.

Cheers, Eunjung

Posted

looks really cool..since i am still a student it is too expensive for me..630Eur.. (and ski amade 370)

really great parks here..the thing is why i love dachstein so much is because they shape the park every day..

so every day the conditions are perfect.. I heard planai is great too..

I am also looking for someone to share the car expenses with..

cheers..

Posted

Hey all,

I'm essentially living in Munich just for the snowboarding - What are the conditions of the season pass? will it be worth buying one?

Also very interested in joint TT trips to the snow (especially people with cars!!! I'll bring my humour as payment, plus probably some euros!)

p.s. which resorts are accessible by public transport - I heard about some express train ticket that also covers the lift pass? Not sure where it was for though!

Posted

The cheapiest one would be Garmish and Zugspitze - what you just mentioned.. train ticket with pass from DB.

Ehrwald Almbahn and Tiroler Zugspitzebahn are also accessible by train and shortly bus. (i will go there often since they are covered by tirol snow card)

You can easily go to Zillertal area by train as well but it costs about 37 eur. Stubai is also accessible with train to innsbruck and bus. I normally go these area for longer holidays..

If you are not buying any season ticket, normal bus trip (Tagesfahrt) would be the best solution, since it includes skipass. (google with Perfect-sunday, Schneebeben, Powertagesfahrt, Top-on-snow, skibus-muenchen, Studentenimschnee)

I assume small resorts near Munich such as Lenggries, Blumberg, etc. are also accessible by train.. but didn't really look up.

Cheers, Eunjung

Posted

hey..

I have been in the spitzing Burton snowpark last year..it is really close to munich - 1h drive..but the park is not good and the ticket is 30eur..300season ticket..

The thing is that it didnt really have snow last year..dont know about the public transport to there

Another option is the tirol ticket. If you have money this is the best..millions of slopes, awesome parks..and pretty close

unfortunately the student tirol card is only for tirol students

I am considering the ski amade ticket 370eur for students..and it is pretty close 2-2.5h drive..

If there will be enough people buyin it I will buy it too and try to go as often as possible..I have a car so I am actually looking for people to share the gas with(the humor is a plus too)..

I am thinking of going to Dachstein this weekend..awesome park! and the cost per night is 7 to 15 eur(from a friend)..depending if you are sleeping on the bed or crashing on the floor:) (sometimes there are just too many people so we sleep on the floor)..if you will not buy the ski amade ticked it is too expensive..i think 40eur per day..

Posted

Bunch of us (Mostly Canadians and Americans)have organized a club/page in Facebook, called MuMu Club :)

We dont do much during summer, except few gatherings here and there but winter time, we organize snowboarding (or ski) trips to nearby places. Its mostly daily trips but last year, we also did a long weekend etc trips too. Transportation is usually no problem since few of us have the car and the space. More then welcome to join us if you want:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/141729009232977/

Posted

There are certainly a bunch of us rabid to get on the mountain. Me too! Warlock... joining now.

Do any of the passes ever get discounted for group purchases? It's probably too late this year, but perhaps next year if we can get 15 or 20 ppl, we can do a group buy.

Posted

I've requested the group!

My new snowboard pants and goggles arrived today - they're wiiiiiicked as. urggghhh itching to gnarl the pow (haha that is a ridiculous saying)

The Art of Flight been on repeat at mine - if you haven't already seen it, check it NOW!

Posted

hey just wondering if you ended up getting the Ski Amade pass, I'm looking at Ski Welt which seems to be closer, any reason you were keener on Ski Amade?

Posted

Has everyone stopped skiing?

I'm going to Garmisch tomorrow and will go skiing again this weekend if anyone wants to meet up?

Posted

I went to Garmisch today and it was incredible. Snow is started to melt, so I don't think it will be around much longer, but it's creating a great soft surface for boarding. Went 6 hours straight today, too awesome.

Will be going again on Thursday if anyone is keen.

Posted

bscobie I would be very, very surprised if the snow disappears soon, many of the lifts will stop after easter but I imagine ski tourers will be out until May and I doubt this will be the last snowfall of the year in the mountains. I'm going back to Scotland for easter and it will be a very, very bad season there if I don't get some skiing in the Scottish mountains.

Posted

anyone interested in the ski amade season card..I am planning to buy it and go as often as possible.. accommodation is usually 15EUR per night??

Posted

dachstein park is already open

Posted

I am looking for a trip this weekend, lots of new snow high up the past week, so is looking ok for Saturday weatherwise.

Dackstein park seems more freestyle, I was looking more for downhill in a bigger place.

Problem is many resorts closed last weekend. Just looking at Mayrhofen, they could easily be open another could of weeks, but are now closed. Hochzillertal is still open this weekend but the bus companies aren't running there any longer. Shame cause it is pretty decent place.

Hintertux would be my choice, but it is a bit of a bastard to get to, much further down the valley

I dont really want to go to Zugspitze, it is a bit limited and probably rammed with everyone from Munich.

If anyone wants to team up, we can perhaps look into getting to Zillertal and heading either to Hintertux or Hochzillertal? Or if you know somewhere else still with decent snow, open to that. Sölden high up looks good, but again bit of a trek.

Posted

hey I may be interested if a group was going, I was at Zugspitze on Sunday and there was tons of snow, very quiet as well but it takes quite a long while to get there from Munich by train and the skiing is quite limited

Posted

Hey

I am very interested in getting a season pass for next year. I was wondering what would be the best for a good price. I love to board and would go once a week if I could always find a ride, I dont have a car. Please let me know what are the best options for a pass! :)

Posted

hey i thought about getting a season pass for somewhere as well but I don't have a car so I think I may just go on some of the bus trips like http://www.munichskiclub.com/ and there are others. I would also go every weekend but without a car it's ging to take about 2.5hrs to get to the ,ountains abnd cost about €60 on the train, the organised bus tours seem like a better deal

Posted

im thinking of getting a season pass. http://www.skiamade.com/en/winter/skiresorts/fee-season-dates/ski-amad-season-ticket

I sent them an email if students from germany have discounts. then it would be 371Eur, usually its 455.

i have a car and i could try and go as often as possible. dachstein is opened now and until cca 1.7 and then again from 15.10 - 15.12 i think. and in the winter we have many slopes we could go to.

The thing is that accommodation at dachstein is 15EUR per night. it takes us 2h to get there. so if 2 of us would go for the weekend it would be cca 30EUR (15 gas and 15 sleeping) if we had a season pass.

would be cool if we group up..

but dachstein is a really small mountain with an awesome snowpark!

Posted

I'm often looking to go skiing. But I'm basically only interested in skiing off-piste. And I too have no car... The bus trips are a great deal aside from having to wake up a little early. Hochzillertal has decent off-piste, and for 49 during the week or 55 weekend RT including lift ticket, coffee, a newspaper and a butter-pretzel, it's a great deal. Too bad the buses seem to be mostly over by this point in the season.

Posted

hey I like skiing off piste too, there is a thread about touring on this board as well, not sure if you have touring gear. I haven't been able to make any of the tours they went on so far but hopefully they have more planned as there is still plenty of snow.

Posted

Hey,

I looked at Skiamade pass and it looks pretty good, I really enjoy parks. I just have one question, do you pick one mountain/resort (like Dachstein) and you can only ski there? When I looked at the website it listed, Salzburg, Dachstein, Dastein, High King, and Grossarlat. Do I get to ski at all of those places?

Im from Colorado and I am use to having a 5 mountain pass where I can go to 5 different resorts in one season. Someone said that Dachstein is small. What is small, 10 runs or 50 runs? Sorry for all the questions. I am kind of new to boarding in the Alps. There is only one place I have ever been but it was 4/5 hours away from Munich. I just want to find one that is good and closer.

Posted

Hey guys, I was just on Dachstein, this weekend..

Simply perfect.. I got a season pass and I will try to go as often as possible..

I have a car so if anyone is interested is free to join..

The thing with dachstein is thats its really small..3 slopes..but the park is always perfect..so its only good to ride the park..

There are always a bunch of pro riders there training because it really has awesome conditions..

Sleeping is 15 eur, so its not expensive..and its only 2 hours from here..

It is the best in summer!! Slushy snow to try new tricks..

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11008014/GOPR7527.JPG