Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Meetup in Halle/Saale?

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey everyone,

I've been living in Halle/Saale for almost 3 months and haven't really reached out to any ex-pats here yet. Been trying to immerse myself in as much German as possible, as I could barely ask where the bathroom was when I first got here. Though, now that i've gotten a bit more comfortable with speaking in German, I was wondering if there are any other English speakers here in Halle/Saale who would like to get together sometime? Maybe people that are new here as well? Or maybe people who miss back home and just want to speak English for a little while?

Let me know!

Posted

I'm an hour away by RB train in Magdeburg if I'm eligible :P I've only met with other people from my uni who are also in the old east on the year abroad.

Posted

Some English speakers meet at 8pm Mojo Blues Bar, Harz 9, 06108 Halle

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/group.php?gid=121237251247338

Posted

Hi,

I am new in town to, moved here in Dec. 2011.

Maybe not so much a drinking-type, but I would love to hang out with other EN-speakers in town, and make some good friends.

send me emails to sajad1108-at sign-yahoo.com

Posted

In addition to Inlingua´s English round table at the Mojo´s I can recommend "Halle Willkommen".

It´s a Stammtisch (regular meeting in a pub) for people who are new in town - no matter where they´re from.

The majority is German, but there are also people from South America, Japan, Poland, Russia, England, Syria and so on.

It´s no problem to speak English - not everyone will be able to understand you, but there are enough people who feel comfortable with English.

We meet every 3rd wednesday at 7 pm. English speakers which are the younger ones in the group tend to come later, though, around 8, maybe. ;-)

In addition we also have an English round table. They meet every 1st saturday of the month at Café NT at 8 pm.

More infos: www.hallewillkommen.de

Don´t hesitate to come if you feel like meeting other people! It´s a warm and open atmosphere.

Nicole

Posted

I can recommend that the Halle Stammtisch is very fun the people are nice. Also Mojo has good food. :)

Posted

Hey everyone! I'm also new in Halle. Hardly know anyone around here yet so would really like to meet new people :) What about this stammtisch thing? Is it still on? Well if anyone wants to meet up- contact me.

Posted

Hey everyone! I'm also new in Halle. Hardly know anyone around here yet so would really like to meet new people :) What about this stammtisch thing? Is it still on? Well if anyone wants to meet up- contact me.

Posted

Hello hello! I arrived in Halle about three months ago. I know a few people through work, but it would be great to get to know others in the area. Where does the Stammtisch meet? Are there any other groups that do other activities? I'm up for anything. If anyone wants to meet, let me know! I know a few other ex-pats. I am from Massachusetts originally, but lived in Cork Ireland for the past 5 years. I know some others around who are from Illinois, California and New York (just to name a few). Let me know! :)

Posted

Hey I can't reply to your e-mail for some reason. But I'm also up for a meet up. I've found a stammtisch group on fb if you're interested?

Cheers,

Vasilisa