TV tuning problem

15 posts in this topic

Posted

I am new to Munich and have just got a TV. I have plugged the antenna cable in and set the auto tune however I am not recieving any of the free to air channels. The country is set correctly but maybe being a Munich greenhorn there is something I am missing or not understanding.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Posted

Did you buy the tv here? Bought mine in Asia and it didn't have in-built dvb-t to receive germany digital channels.

Posted

Brought it here a month ago. Brand new Samsung LED TV so that is not my problem. Thanks anyway. Any other takers?

Posted

What connection is there in the house?

Cable.. antenna... Satellite....

You havent given enough info..

Posted

Yeh Bav Sat to the rescue yet again

Posted

Sounds a bit like he just bought a Telly without a digital receiver of sorts.

Posted

What's the TV model number... give us something here...

Posted

apartment has cable and the tv is a new 32inch Samsung LED tv.

Posted

Jeezus.

OK, I can confirm you've got a problem. You need to connect some things together, then touch a few buttons and then it'll be ok.

Posted

You need a dvb-c tuner for cable (dvb-t for terrestial (aerial) or dvb-s for satellite). Could that be your problem? A quick search on Google with the model number will tell you what tuners are installed.

Posted

I would assume that you are trying the old fashioned 'analog' cable connection, so straight from the wall socket to your tv?

If you can't receive anything, I suspect maybe the signal has been shut off by the cable company? Call them and ask.

Posted

Ask a neighbor, there is not enough information.

Posted

You started the installation wizard and no channels were found, right? During the wizard, you need to select the mode, e.g. dvb-t. Normally, you can select between 2 or 3 modes. What happens if you run the wizard again with a different mode? Also, do not connect any players like DVD, VCR and BLU-RAY, before the installation of channels has been completed.

Check the cable itself. Can you borrow your neighbour's cable just to see if the cable is faulty?

Normally, your telly should also add the digital radio channels.

Posted

Hi all, I'm hijacking this thread coz I have this minor problem that is majorly doing my head in:

I now have this massive, old-style TV sitting in my living room (thanks to my folks, who now have a lovely flatscreen).

Tuning it is really easy... or so I thought. I tuned a few channels (one by one, so ever so slightly tedious), and then suddenly, when I wanted to tune another one, there was this massively loud static noise coming from all the channels that were found. So I stopped my tuning mission and left it at that. Thinking the noise would just go away as mysteriously as it had arrived.

No such thing - this evening, I thought I'd give it a shot again, but there it was again, that loud static noise. I've now got ten channels tuned that are perfect, but I can't tune the rest!

Any experts here with any suggestions? Would be much appreciated.

Posted

Hi, and my apologies, please ignore the above - I realised I was in some Munich sub-forum, and have therefore made a new posting somewhere else.

Mind you, in the process I discovered I would have been able to move the thread to a different forum - I'll do that next time round, promise!