Where to get my iPhone unlocked in Munich

25 posts in this topic

Posted

I have a 3GS and IPhone 4. Neither are working after getting t mobile sim card. I need a place that can look into what is going on with this. any experts out there? Thanks Toytown, just moved here this week and feeling- no ACTUALLY lost most of the time without my IPhone.

Posted

What iOS version are you running and what baseband. I may be able to help depending on what versions are currently on the phones. DO NOT UPDATE TO IOS 5 when it releases today. I am going to send you a private message with my email. Send me your phones info and I will see what I can do.

Posted

I took my mobile to the local Telekom shop and I guy there unlocked it for me

Posted

Hi Barrskimberly,

Send me a PM, I can unlock them for you.

Posted

Hey bob which telekom store was it? Did they charge you?

Posted

I had the same problem when I moved here at the end of Sept. My iphone 4 was unlocked but still rejected German simcards.

Long story short: After days of noone being able to fix the issue, I made a backup of my data on itunes, restored the factory settings, resynced it with itunes and problem solved! That might help :)

Posted

@Vicki28 - It was the store in Freising, I wasn't charged, but I had already bought a SIM from them for the phone...

Posted

Hi,

I'm looking to get my iPhone 4 4.3.5 with 04.10.01 Baseband unlocked to use on Fonic/O2. Anyone know what I need to do or can provide advice / assistance.

Greatly appreciated!

Posted

@Bob UK thanks so much for the info! I tried the o2 store, because I have bought a sim with them and they said no they legally are not allowed to tell me where I can get it done so maybe you were lucky enough to get someone who bent the rules for you! Quite fed up now with looking for places to get it done!

Posted

believe that only applies to their phones that are no longer associated with a T-Mobile Vertrag...might be mistaken but i was able to do that with my old iPhone3 only b/c my contract had run its course with that device.

Posted

Hey all

I know this forum is a little old but I am desperate for some help!

I have tried a an unlocking software but it didn't quite work out for me. I know the steps may seem simple but for someone like me who is not totally clued up on technology it's a little harder. My iPhone 4 is locked to Virgin Canada, and I tried getting o2 to unlock it but they said only in November when it is 2 years old can they legally do it. Can anyone in Munich please please help me?

Thanks guys!

Posted

Which baseband do you have? Maybe it is not possible.

Posted

Hi,

Apologies again for bringing up unlocking, but I'm totally confused by online advice. I need my iPhone 4s unlocked so it accepts the new contract SIM I've just taken out here in Munich. Are there any places near Ostbahnhof that might do this - does anyone know, or can otherwise help?

Cheers,

Megan

Posted

I think Iphone 4s cannot be carrier unlocked. A procedure was posted few months ago for jail broken phone, but it does not work anymore.

ps. except of course the hardware patch (Gevey SIM, etc.)

Posted

hi,

can i ask if anyone of you know of any software or any places in Munich that cna unlock my iphone 4?

I am trying to get a contract with the 02 provider but as mentioned in the earlier post the people there told me that this is impossible and this can only be done after 2years when my contract ends..

thanks for the reply in advance!!

Posted

Most I phones can be unlocked. You just need to find the right way. It depends on firmware and baseband that your phone is running. The forums aver a Mac rumors was were I went to get most of my information when I moved here. I have been jail breaking and unlocking phones since my first iPhone 3g. There's almost always a way to get it done.

Posted

Does anybody know how long it takes Apple to free up an old iPhone after T-Mobile have informed them that it can be unlocked? I got confirmation from T-mobile that they would be informing apple that they could unlock it a few days ago but it still is locked. Any ideas? Thanks.

Posted

Should be able to go through the process of unlocking here and it should tell you the status.

http://www.t-mobile.de/sim-lock-entsperren/0,20638,23789-_,00.html

Posted

Yeah I've already done that bit and the status is that they have informed Apple that it can be unlocked. After going through the whole resetting it to factory setting I still don't get the notification from Apple, through iTunes, that it has been unlocked. Hence my question if anybody knows how quickly Apple respond and unlock the phone.