Bad experience with Hermes Shipping

40 posts in this topic

Posted

I ordered a couple of items on Amazon.de and they shipped it through Hermes. But Hermes did not deliver it even after 10 days! When I checked the shipping status, Hermes said I had given a false address and returned the items (Although all other shipping carriers deliver regularly to my address).

I called customer service and they told me that the driver was new and did not know the area well! Now they tell me that they can deliver it to some other store nearby after 3 more days and I have to go and collect it from there. I used to buy a lot on Amazon.com in the US and they used to deliver across the country in 2-3 days. But apparently in a much smaller country like Germany, it takes 15 days for Hermes to deliver my stuff.

Very bad service from Hermes... Has anyone else faced problems with Hermes before?

Posted

We have had issues with hermes. The issue is the way the addresses are here. We live back behind a house, they go to the first door and dont see oru name and mark as undeliverable. Only one delivery guy ever finds us. A few others ring the lanlord, some never even try. So I try to use Deutschepost.

Posted

I have bought tons of stuff from Amazon, and they have never ever used Hermes, they have a special agreement with DHL (aka Deutsche Post).

Probably you bought something from Amazon Marketplace. And yes, Hermes is cheap and bad, they have a reputation.

Posted

Nope, Amazon.de uses both DHL and Hermes. I've had packages delivered by both directly from Amazon, not from Marketplace sellers. Hermes is slow and unreliable and their package tracing service is miserable and usually not accurate. I was waiting for a package a couple of weeks ago (from Lidl, not Amazon) and they claimed to have tried to deliver it twice which is a blatant lie since I was home both times. It did finally arrive, though. It was a different driver than usual since it was a larger item and I'm sure he couldn't find our address. The usual guy is all right, but the stuff still takes ages to get here.

I don't love Hermes.

Posted

Hermes, if you allegedly were not able to deliver a package three (!) times as no one was at home (granted, Saturday we were out shopping) where the fornicating Hades are the three (!) notifications that you tried to deliver the package and could not??? Prepare for a black mark in your files, dispatch is informed.

Oh, and about the guaranteed delivery yesterday. No, not to my private address, to my work address. Yeah, the one I gave you on Tuesday. What, you deeply regret that your franchiser didn't put it on the right truck? Damn right you do. And no, I don't think I should have to be in work on Monday at 8 am because you can't pass on a request for delivery after 9 am. And blaze this across your brains: The last company I am going to complain to about your un-copulating-believeable incompetence is O2 so don't you dare suggest that again. Your company fucked up, your company deals with the complaint.

Don't have a nice weekend.

Hermes - Weil's gut ankommt.

No, it doesn't. Not for toffee.

Avoid them like the plague.

EDIT: They have no problems finding me although the entrance is in a side street, not on the street with the house address; I accept deliveries for the neighbors all the time. But the new delivery guy is pretty sharp, he knows the whole neighborhood.

Posted

They have pages and pages of bad reviews on the net. I wonder if they actually read them.

Posted

I ordered a couple of items on Amazon.de and they shipped it through Hermes. But Hermes did not deliver it even after 10 days! When I checked the shipping status, Hermes said I had given a false address and returned the items (Although all other shipping carriers deliver regularly to my address)

We have had issues with hermes. The issue is the way the addresses are here. We live back behind a house, they go to the first door and dont see oru name and mark as undeliverable. Only one delivery guy ever finds us. A few others ring the lanlord, some never even try. So I try to use Deutschepost.

Exactly the same issue. I called them up and arranged to deliver it once again after explaining them the route. :rolleyes:

That was with Otto.de BTW.

Posted

I ordered a phone from Amazon last week and Hermes was the deliverer of said phone. Got from Amazon to me in under three days. In my one experience I was pleased.

Posted

They can be very slow and things eventually never arive.

It's a franchise type organization and wether they are ok or not depends on the management.

If you have read something about the work conditions it is kind of understandable why they mess up. Apparantly the drivers have to collect their parcels themselves from a bunch of parcels, and they don't get paid for the time.

Posted

In my recent purchase from Amazon.de which was supposed to be delivered in 2 days, actually came in after 4 days and the Hermes guys came late in evening that day and left the packet on top of letter boxes outside, i.e. without informing me. And the packet status on their site was 'Delivered' which kept me wondering where did they deliver the packet. Thankfully next morning a neighbouring lady saw the packet and moved it to infront of my door. The packet could have been easily lost.

Crap!

Posted

Hermes really is terrible, and I've even stopped ordering from shops that ship with them. Hopefully Amazon has enough muscle to get them to improve.

Posted

If everyone who had a bad experience with Hermes after ordering from Amazon would complain directly to Amazon (and to other companies who use them), they'd probably stop shipping with them eventually. About half our Amazon orders seem to be delivered by DHL and half by Hermes. Maybe Amazon flips a coin to see who gets it.

Fortunately, I work from home, which means I'm nearly always here to receive the parcels, and we have a good, conscientious driver our our route, but I've heard horror stories from friends as well.

Posted

I think it was a DHL delivery guy who brought me my amazon.de camping cooler a few days ago. When I buzzed him up I asked him if the package was for us, he said yes. When he got to my door he asked, "and what if the package hadn't been for you?" all confrontational-like. I said, well then I wouldn't have taken it. Sorry. He goes, well, nicht böse gemeint, but if you don't want to take packages for your neighbors I'm not leaving your packages with them either. I go, good, because whenever I can I put a note in the order that I don't want em left there anyway. He was all eingeschnappt, omg he was really offended. Didn't think until way after the incident to complain about his attitude. Seriously guy, you don't have enough to do without making silent vows not to deliver my shit to the neighbors? Really? I need that sort of job, then. ass.

Posted

I had something shipped to me by Hermes once. My name isn't on the plate outside, so I put "care of" on the extra address line. They still didn't deliver it, the online tracking said the addressee could not be found, and I called their customer service. The person I talked to was actually pretty helpful, and when I told him the name to deliver it under, he said, "Oh, yes, I see that here". It was printed under the Hausnummer, rather than over it, and apparently the delivery guy never noticed it. I ended up getting my parcel the next day.

That said, the worst experience I've had was with UPS when a similar thing happened, who then insisted on seeing my passport and proof of residence before surrendering the package, just because my name wasn't on the outside plate. Jerks.

Posted

Hermes are useless.

One large valuable parcel left on the windowsill in full view of all passing traffic; marked delivered. Luckily not stolen.

Another parcel left with a neighbour but the card informing me that is was with the neighbour had a completely different address, only got the parcel through accidental meeting with the neighbour.

Last straw: parcel from overseas opened, things stolen and then resealed - Hermes response: silence.

Posted

I sent and recieved a couple of small packages with Hermes without any problem. But a package with the dimensions 110x110x30 cm took 5 days instead of the regular 24h. I heard the same from other people too, that big and heavy packages take longer with hermes.

Posted

They are IMHO slow, cheap but not bad. The guy here seems to work all the hours god sends - we have had deliveries at 20Uhr on a Saturday. We also filled in a form allowing him to leave parcels in our shed, without a signature. Lovely guy, overworked (SUB-UNTERNEHMER!), some choccies and a bottle at Christmas and all is well. A treatment our postie also gets, as does UPS and GLS.

But a package with the dimensions 110x110x30 cm took 5 days instead of the regular 24h

not aware of any regular 24h service with Hermes. We never had anything take less than 72h. But they are cheap - you get what you pay for!

Posted

They generally only collect from the stores once a day, often in the morning. So a package sent by DHL will often already be at the recipient when a package sent by Hermes will still be sitting around waiting to be collected. So fast they are not. But they can be significantly cheaper (depending on weight and size) and also more convenient, as there are more Hermes stations than post offices. Their biggest impact though was making Deutsche Post drop their prices to compete.

Posted

I have got several packages from Amazon.de through Hermes. But all of those was delivered on Saturday & I was there to recieve it.

Recently I was supposed to get a delivery on Tuesday. Hermes left a note saying they delivered it to my neighbour.

But my neighbour says she didnt recieve any package, infact she wasnt even there that day!! Amazon.de & Hermes say the shipment is delivered.

Dont know who is accountable now. Its crazy!!

Have signed up for packstation. Hope amazon.de delivers everything via DHL.

Posted

Usually I take in parcels for the students downstairs from Amazon and I'm pretty sure they come with DHL?

Never have liked Hermes had problems with them before,couple of months ago we brought a new washing machine from Otto and that was delivered by Hermes and I though oh god here comes the problems.

Anyway the bloke turned up with the machine and not only did he take the old one away but he installed the new one all for a €20 tip despite none of these services being included in the costs from Otto.