Preschools, playschools, playgroups, kindergartens

107 posts in this topic

Posted

I know two...

One is the Rainbow Preschool in Joseph Retzer Strasse in Pasing. I dont know the phone number of the first one but Im sure you can find it in the phone book.

The other is Munich International School, but it is in Starnberg:

Schloß Buchhof, 82319 Starnberg

Tel: +49 (0) 8151 3660

Posted

Our children started Nursery- and Preschool in the north of Munich a few

months ago and they just love it!

If your child is between 10 months and 5 years I would recommend this lovely little privat school.

Regards

Liasmom

Nursery School in Eching

Tel. 08165/77100

Posted

I do a lot of babysitting here in Munich (so, if you need anybody :wink:) including for a couple of english speaking families with kids around Kindergarten age. Popular is the english speaking pre-school in Pullach, and I also found these addresses for you on the internet:

The International Montessori Pre-School

Asamstr 11

Tel: (089) 54 07 10 28

E-mail: intmontpreschool@web.de

English Montessori Preschool

Perhamerstrasse 49

Tel: (089) 546 08 55

Butterflies English-German Kindergarten e.V.

Gaissacher strasse 21

Tel: (089) 746 07 00

E-mail: MAFolz@aol.com

International English-Speaking PreSchool

Tel: (08171) 91 07 94

E-mail: preschool@planet.interkom.de

I know that the families I babysit for also go to an english speaking toddler group which takes place at the people's houses once or twice a week in the afternoon. I could try and find out more details about that for you too if you'd like (I'm going to one of the families this afternoon), or even ask if I can give you their telephone number...

Posted

I have a 19 month old. We go to two playgroups one is called MunichMunchkins - email: munichmommies@hotmail.com

The other is called Stickyfingers, email at lara@stickyfingers-munich.com.

They are both good playgroups with children about the same age as my son.

When the weather starts getting better, I was thinking of taking my son to the zoo once a week or so. They have some nice playgrounds there. A year ticket is only 50 euro. If anyone would like to join me, you can send me an email. I live near Laim and Westpark, too. So if anyone lives near here with a baby the same age, maybe we can meet up at the park.

Posted

My name is Candice and I lead the Munich Munchkins group. We meet in Milbertshofen, which is to the north of the city, just off of the mitlerer ring. There is more information at MunichMommies.com

I can also recommend the International Women's Club. They have a Mothers Corner with baby groups, Tiny Tots group (for 1-2 yrs old), and lots of other activities for moms and kids.

Posted

English Montessori Preschool Perhamer Str. 49 80687 Munich Tel: (089) 546 0855 . Speak to Gordon, both of my children went here for 3 years and loved it. Melanie and Catherine are great teachers. Read more here.

English Montessory Preschool

The English Montessori Preschool Kinder Centre, licensed by the Bavarian government, was founded in 1983.

The Kinder Center is located in a charming, protected historic building. With three classrooms and a child/teacher ratio of 15/2, we offer children of every nationality, ages 2 1/2 to 7 years, a dynamic Montessori curriculum with individualized attention.

It is the goal of the Kinder Center to help this generation of children become a positive force for the future of our world, based upon their own abilities and talents; to communicate effectively using the English language; and to develop sensitivity to the many cultures throughout the world.

By Gordon F. Kelly

HOURS: Monday - Friday

08:30 - 12:30 (morning session)

12:30 - 16:30 (afternoon session)

08:30 - 16:30 (full day session)

English Montessori Preschool

Perhamer Str. 49

80687 Munich

Tel: (089) 546 0855

Fax: (089) 546 9051

Posted

The lerchennest in Lerchenau impressed me when I went to look at it for my oldest (but I didn't have a car then and it was just that much too far without one).

Posted

DDBug, thanks, I found their website at www.lerchennenst.de, looks very nice, much more informative than other sites I looked at. Unfortunately it seems to be in the north-west of the city (correct me if I'm wrong, not so firm on Munich geography yet ...), so getting there from the south-eastern outskirts during rush-hour might be a drag ... But, it's another possibility, thanks! Xpet.

Posted

My children both attend Rainbow Preschool in Pasing, an English speaking Kindergarten. I also run Sticky Fingers, and English-speaking play center that offers daily sessions for children aged 3 mths - 6 years. If you are interested in finding out more, then please visit the website http://www.stickyfingers-munich.com or pm me if you would like more information.

thanks Lara

Posted

Kinderhaus Laterne

There is a great place (highly recommended) in Balanstraße. Day care is called Kinderhaus Laterne. It is a private place but I think they are not overpriced and they offer a great programm in german, english and french. You can also apply for the substidy by the Jugendamt and then you pay less. My kid was 1.5 years old and he went to day care there and the normal price is 561 (I think) but we had to pay only 203 €. It is worth appliing even if you earn a lot because they always give you something (they are aware of the situation with kindergardens in Munich) The place has great working hours (7:30 - 18:00) and they also offer weekend slep-overs once a month.

* Bilingual education.

* Creative play and learning areas using stimulating and fun educational resources.

* For free trial day please contact Maria Zwick

* Tel. 089 - 680 93 102

* E-Mail: post@kinderhaus-laterne.de

Posted

I am looking for details of an English Speaking Montessori Pre School. Someone has told me that there is one out by Pullach, near Grundwald which is quite good, however surfing the net, I can't find it and I don't know the name of it.

Does anyone know the contact details / name of this school, or any other decent English Pre Schools in this area. I live in Ottobrunn so I am looking for something nearby.

Thanks for your help,

Tracy

Topics merged by admin

Posted

I would like to add: anybody know any English schools, just like there are Russian schools, Greek schools, Chinese schools? I dont mean Montessori, but after school programs.

My son is 6 years old and goes to regular German school, but I would like him to learn to read and write in English as well

Posted

Kinderhaus Laterne

There is a great place (highly recommended) in Balanstraße. Day care is called Kinderhaus Laterne. It is a private place but I think they are not overpriced and they offer a great programm in german, english and french. You can also apply for the substidy by the Jugendamt and then you pay less. My kid was 1.5 years old and he went to day care there and the normal price is 561 (I think) but we had to pay only 203 €. It is worth appliing even if you earn a lot because they always give you something (they are aware of the situation with kindergardens in Munich) The place has great working hours (7:30 - 18:00) and they also offer weekend slep-overs once a month.

* Bilingual education.

* Creative play and learning areas using stimulating and fun educational resources.

* For free trial day please contact Maria Zwick

* Tel. 089 - 680 93 102

* E-Mail: post@kinderhaus-laterne.de

I can second the Kinderhaus Laterne recommendation - our son has been going there since he was one year old, and we really like the place. I'm annoyed, though, that they didn't tell us about the Jugendamt reductions. Must be because we're German and they assume we know the ropes. Well, duh.

Anyway. It's a good daycare place, though I personally don't find the Kindergarten offer too brilliant. It's very expensive, and they also have very large groups. In case you live in Haidhausen, why not send your kid to the Städtische Kindertagesstätte St. Wolfgangsplatz 9? It's an excellent place for over-3-year-olds that has a truly dedicated staff - and they actually have vacancies right now.

Posted

Looking for a Nursery (kindergrippen) for my 18 month old boy...3 days a week

We live in Bogenhausen and so far have only found a place willing to take him 5 days per week or 5 mornings...

Posted

That might be tough to find. I've heard about such arrangements in the US or even in Switzerland, but here - well, you might find it easier to find a Tagesmutter who'd be willing to work for three days.

Posted

Thanks...do you know any plagroups in Bogenhausen or surrounding area...

I have some info from Munchen Mommies...

Posted

I have seen a lot of recommendations for Kinderhaus Laterne. I have been trying to make contact with them for a while now, but the phones goes unanswered as does my emails to them. I am an appointment to see Casa Luz in Schwabing soon. They apparently speak three languages to the children there: English, Spanish and German. It's not the cheepest; Euro 380 including lunch, but (as a single working mother) I find it good that they are opened from 7:30 until 5:30 in the event that i find myself in a bind and need to leave my son there for all that time at some point. I will give a feedback when I have seen it.

Posted

iscream, Kinderhaus Laterne changed their phone number some time last summer, and the number on the web page might still be the old one. I believe the new one is 68890291 (if that's the one you've got, try 11833 for directory enquiries...).

I should really be able to rattle off my son's daycare's number, shouldn't I? Rabenmutter.