Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Want to play cricket in Hamburg?

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Earlier this year i joined a cricket team called THCC in Klein Flotbeck. So far its been great fun and i've got to know lots of new people, so i thought i'd post it here in case anyone else would like to join.

There are 4 cricket teams in Hamburg who play in a North German league that comprises 12 teams. Our club is a real mix of nationalities. We have Germans, Brits, South Africans, Sri Lankans, Indians, an Australian and a Kiwi. Mostly we speak in English but there's a good chance to pick up some German too. The other teams in Hamburg consist solely of Indians or Pakistanis.

The standard ranges from beginners to national players (THCC are the reigning N German champions). We have net practice on Friday evenings and play matches on Saturday and/or Sunday. Its very social (e.g. we had a BBQ last weekend) and there are girls and kids who play too.

If you'd like to come and practice/play or just be a social member, then i'd be happy to meet you at practice on a Friday night and introduce you to everyone else. If you like the club then membership works out about E12 per month.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions....

Posted

Hi Blankeneser,

Can you please post any link or contact information of the club?

I am from India and am reaching hamburg for a job starting next week and will like to use this opportunity to make new acquaintances and friends.

Cheers

Posted

The cricket club is called THCC (Tennis, Hockey, Cricket Club) in Klein Flottbek and you can find all their details at this website:

http://www.thc-rot-gelb.de/?page_id=12

If you'd like me to meet you at practice one Friday night and introduce you then i'd be only too happy.

Mark

Posted

Hi Mark,

That sounds like a great idea. I will definitely get in touch with you once I have reached and settled down in about a fortnight of so

Thanks for the offer!

Cheers

Posted

Hi Mark, I would also like to join the cricket sessions! Is there a limit on the number of players or I can meet you on location? Lemme know.

Posted

Hi I would also be coming there in Sept and is it possible that you would be open during the winters??

Posted

UllasH,

No there's no limit on players. Last week we had about 20 guys turn up for Friday training, including Ciaran who saw this post. Its well organised and good fun. We then played a League match yesterday against HSV (which we won), after which we played an intra-club Twenty/20 game. We're going to be opening up a second pitch later this summer which means we'll be able to run two teams, so there's room for more players of all standards.

You can either just turn up at practice on Friday at 5.30pm and see if you like it (there are no fees until you decide to join the club...after which its about 13 Euros a month), or come and watch our next match at home to Luneburg this Saturday (KO 11am).

Harshalpattni,

We played matches into October last year so we'll usually have outdoor net practice up until this time. After that we transfer to an indoor hall in Altona and play indoor cricket (usually on a Wednesday evening) through the winter. Send me a message when you arrive and i'll let you know what's currently happening.

If anyone else would like to join us this Friday at 5.30pm, then just take a look at our webpage for details (see previous post), then turn up and ask for me (Thommo)when you arrive.

Posted

Hello to Hamburg cricketers!

I will be going to Hamburg with about 10 other English guys for a stag weekend in early Feburary next year. As the guy getting married is cricket mad we thought it might be a nice idea to arrange a friendly 20 / 20 game against a local team. What do you think about the idea? Can you help arrange a game?

Best regards,

Ben

benmfowler@hotmail.com

Posted

is the season starting soon now that the weather is warming up? i am from india and just moved to hamburg this january. i played in college in india and at the club level in the US primarily as a batsman. please let me know if there is an opportunity for me to participate. thanks.

Posted

Hi Tennis guy,

If you (or anyone else interested in cricket) would like to contact the club secretary and arrange to come to practice (usually Wednesday and Friday evenings at 5 or 6pm, near to Klein Flottbek S Bahn station)), then contact:

Mark Richardson: markrichardsonhh@aol.com

Say that Thommo gave you his email address.

Posted

Hey Blankenser,

Is there a winter competition? or will the season start again in the spring? I would love to get back into cricket.

Thanks

Posted

Hi, yes there is an indoor league in the winter season. Also indoor practise, wednesday 20.00h (8pm) museumstr near Altona S bahn.

Aswell as Friday in the gym of the german army base in Iserbrook, but you need to give your passport details for that first so I suggest dropping in on wednesday at Altona. If you are on facebook we have a page there as well: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fans-of-THCC-Rot-Gelb-Cricket-formerly-known-as-Alster-CC-Hamburg/125208580874735

Posted

G´day guys,

I live in Kiel but travel daily to Hamburg for work. I am stoked to find out cricket is alive and well in Germany. It has been ages since i tossed on the whites and played a 50 over match but i´m keen to definitely catch up and meet new faces and guys at a match or training, that´s for sure. I do have a close connection to the Rugby team in Kiel and played in Bonn before coming north, but cricket has unfortunately been left to the side ever since i stopped college in Canberra.

So if the Aussie you already have and the Kiwi can tolerate it having another one, i´m very interested in finding out when and where you boys catch up. Always up for an extra social activity. I´ll more than likely bring a POM along with me, when he returns from Sri Lanka, so if you can give me the time and address i´ll do my best to swing past and say hi.