Gas/petrol prices in Germany

47 posts in this topic

Posted

I was just wondering how high the prices for gasoline are in Germany right now. I live in Dallas (U.S.A.) and I've never seen the prices higher. $3.00 per gallon. for regular unleaded. I've heared some stories of price gouging, like in Atlanta somebody was charging $6.00 a gallon. How high is it there? Has it gone up in the last couple of days?? Just curious.

Posted

It's clearly school project night on Toytown tonight.

Yes, fuel price went up recently. Don't know fully about petrol as I use diesel myself but I think your basic unleaded is knocking in at about €1.30 per litre. You can do the conversion yourself.

Posted

Up 8 cents yesterday. Typical price now is €1.39/litre I'll leave it as a school exercise to convert that to $$$ and Gallons...

YL6

Posted

People in Germany are shelling out the equivalent of something around $6.60 a gallon for premium unleaded. In other words, quit complaining! :P

Posted

I heard from a foreign exchange student that gas was over five dollars in Germany. Is that true? I thought we had it bad in the states for three dollars a gallon. :o

Topics merged by admin

Posted

Mein Gott,

We changed to dollars! What happened did the Americans invade us.

Bloody typical no one tells me anything.

Posted

Es tut mir wirklich Leid. How much is it then for a litter of gas?

Posted

A litre of super (95 octane) is currently around EUR 1.38 in town. Trend slightly downwards.

Posted

It's expensive in Canada as well (although the Brits would argue that...well the one Brit that I live with...we must remember Canadian dollars people...it's almost just paper in the end...). 1.30 per litre (or even more in some places). That is insanely high for them over there.

Posted

I filled up in Austria on Sunday (1.16 a liter) on my way down to Livigno, Italy which is some kind of tax free zone. Gas was .85/liter there!

Posted

Quick question, Americans call petrol gas, so what to they call (what we call) gas???

Posted

I heard from a foreign exchange student that gas was over five dollars in Germany.  Is that true?  I thought we had it bad in the states for three dollars a gallon.

Topics merged by admin

Posted

but we euros can smugly imagine that we are environmentally friendly and occupy the high moral ground as a result

Posted

How much is it then for a litter of gas?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Depends on which litter you are talking about. Sometimes you can get both for free.

litter.jpg IMG]http://cdbost.home.mindspring.com/topaz%20litter.jpg

Posted

How much is it then for a litter?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sometimes its free.

litter.jpgtopaz%20litter.jpg

Posted

Quick question, Americans call petrol gas, so what to they call (what we call) gas???

@Irish Lassie

We call it Natural gas - (same as in Canada)

- Chris

Posted

You can find constantly updated statistics for petrol / gas / benzin prices at http://www.clever-tanken.de.

Here's a link with a Munich zip code already in it, just in case you're from out of town and looking for the info for Munich.

Das ausführlichste Angebot findet sich unter der Adresse http://www.clever-tanken.de. Mehr als 15.000 der 16.000 Tankstellen in Deutschland sind hier registriert, über 30.000 Internet-Surfer melden als "Benzinpreispiloten" die Spritpreise in ihrer Region. So entsteht eine aussagekräftige Datenbank, die für praktisch jede Stadt in Deutschland die billigsten Tankstellen parat hat.

Die Daten für die meisten Tankstellen werden täglich aktualisiert. Einerseits übermitteln die Tankstellen ihre Preise an die Datenbank, andererseits melden die Kunden die Tarife ihrer Tankstelle an die Website. Besonderer Anreiz zum Mitmachen: Wöchentlich verlost clever-tanken.de einen Benzingutschein; wer öfter mithilft, bekommt "Webmiles" gutgeschrieben, die gegen Prämien eingetauscht werden können.

This article on wdr.de has more about websites with gas prices.

Posted

The price of petrol also has regional variation. It tends to be higher in places (like Munich) that don't have as many independent petrol stations so the multis tie up the market between them.

Posted

@Irish Lassie

We call it Natural gas - (same as in Canada)

- Chris

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True...or we also just say 'gas' for both and leave it up to the context you are speaking in.