New REWE store

25 posts in this topic

Posted

A complety new REWE store was opened on Tuesday this week on Stockacher Straße 7 at Westkreuz. REWE CENTER is a bigger store than a normal REWE and therefore offers about 22.000 articles-mainly food products.

Posted

And what's the new concept?

Posted

according to the REWE website, the REWE CENTER stores will have about 45,000 articles, with a substantial proportion of non-food items. However, the REWE website doesn't show this particular store

Posted

They're going to have more than 2 cashier tills actually occupied at all times, who will actually smile at you, they won't block the aisles with euro pallets piled high with stuff, that should have been put on the shelves when the shop was shut, the fruit and veg won't go mouldy on the way to the car park and they won't start shoving the next customers stuff into yours before you've had time to pack it back into your trolley.

Walmart tried that some years ago - it was a dismal failure (the smiling especially, Germans lost trust) and they moved out of Germany

Posted

will it be open on sundays?

Posted

Walmart tried that some years ago - it was a dismal failure (the smiling especially, Germans lost trust) and they moved out of Germany

Walmart failed because they did not have established supplier and logistics networks and own production facilities in Germany that are essential in order to compete with the existing discounter chains. Rewe Group has those aplenty, due to its position as the second-largest retail company in Germany after Metro, as well as owning both the third-largest discounter chain in Germany (Penny) and the largest non-discounter store chain (Rewe itself).

Posted

They're going to have more than 2 cashier tills actually occupied at all times, who will actually smile at you, they won't block the aisles with euro pallets piled high with stuff, that should have been put on the shelves when the shop was shut, the fruit and veg won't go mouldy on the way to the car park and they won't start shoving the next customers stuff into yours before you've had time to pack it back into your trolley.

Maybe not.

Allers - seems you have reason to make an official complaint. :P

Posted

@Allershausen: Just scan your stuff yourself....

http://www.rewe-group.com/presse/pressemeldungen/pressemeldung-detail/article/das-erste-rewe-center-fuer-bayern/

Posted

Forgot the opening hours: It's such a shame that Bavaria is sooo catholic... Bavaria is so strict when it comes to opening times and on sundays you have to pray and go to church instead of shopping. A lot of supermarkets in other parts of this country are open until Midnight.

Posted

See, the strange thing is that while the British can't organise a transport infrastructure to save their lives, and the Germans are far better at it, the Germans are phenomenally and thoroughly incompetent where it comes to supermarkets... and should let ze British take over. A straight swap I should say. Shouldn't this be what the EU is all about?

Posted

I agree Sin. Can we also get the Germans to help kill off the 3% fizzwater lager industry in England too.

Posted

if Britain is to take over the German supermarket business, it should be limited to Waitrose

Posted

So none of you Munich guys has actually been there?

Posted

Hello All, My first post very on a Forum. But this topic is a "pet hate" of mine and has inspired me to join up so I can share this. Did you know that on Facebook there is a Group called "German Supermarket Anger Management Group"? They have over 1000 members, more than university's Facebook page! That means 1000 people have been irritated enough to type German supermarkets into Facebook. Strange. But I was, and I did!

How can the supermarkets here be so bad? I can only agree with Allershausen's observations on this topic

Posted

We should organise a day of rage!

Posted

new store in pasing

http://www.lebensmittelzeitung.net/galerie/pages/galerie.php?id=209&imgid=2

Posted

Stockacher Str. 6

Posted

It's not in pasing, it's in aubing, well neuaubing to be exact.. The s-bahn stop is westkreuz. There is this rewe centre on top, there is a aldi supermarkt on the floor level and there is a rewe drinks market, which is not on the same building but on the other side of the parking lot. It used to be a radlbauer there when i first moved here, then there was nothing for a long time and now they have build this. They have refurbished the building on the other side of the road as well, it used to be a hit supermarkt but now there is a farmaca, a pet-shop, a bowling area, the radlbauer shop and there is another space empty that looks almost finished and soon there will be something there as well. Oh, there are a couple of shops on the rewe centre but i'm not sure which ones they are as i only went there a couple of time and left pretty quick. There are now more choices for the people that live here, we don't need to go to pasing for any shopping although there is still a lidl and a penny market close but rather than food there is little offer. Yes, there are the shops close to the hotel but you can't really count that in, can you? a turkish supermarkt, 2 bakeries, 1 metzgerei, a kiosk, a cafe and god nows what..

Posted

This Edeka supermarket has won the international Euroshop Retail Brand:

http://www.lebensmittelzeitung.net/galerie/pages/galerie.php?id=251&page=2

Posted

This time a completely new concept made by REWE for hypermarkets:

http://www.lebensmittelzeitung.net/galerie/pages/show.php?id=504&imgid=3