Swimming in Berlin

29 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi Everyone, in the spirit of the cycling group and running group, I've created this swimming thread for any future meetups we have planned as there's a few of us on TT who are going to be doing triathlons later in the year.

I myself normally swim once a week at the SSE (Landsburger Allee) with a friend, it's a nice 50m pool, on the ring-bahn so easy to get to for most, sometimes it can get a little busy (especially after 8pm as it's cheaper, €2.40 instead of €4), but I'd imagine if we manage to arrange 5+ people to meet for swims and all bundle in a lane together we could have it to ourselves.

If there's interest feel free to post up and say hi and maybe we can arrange some group swims in the near future.

Posted

Great idea for the thread! I am definitely interested in meeting up for some swimming workouts. Evenings after work are best for me.

Posted

Would love to join up with you guys for a swim, but I have one *little* problem - I can't swim!!!

Can anyone recommend a good swimming course for adults (should mention here I have a HUGE fear of water, love going out on my boat, love being near the water, but hate it when water covers my face, (I can't even put my head under the water when I'm in the bath, even when showering, I keep the shower head below my face and wash my hair and face separately), so I'd really need a n experienced teacher I can trust, any ideas?

Posted

Thanks, will take a look, and who knows, maybe I'll be joining you for a swim sometime in the future ;)

Posted

Hi all, I am planning to go for a swim tomorrow after work, probably around 6 at the Landsburger Allee pool if anyone wants to join!

Posted

Hi again everyone - I am planning to swim tonight at Landsberger Allee if anyone wants to join. Probably around 7 or 8 pm.

Kristin

Posted

Awesome I'm moving to Berlin in July and was wondering if there were many swimming options. Coming from Australia the land of swimming pools. I'm not a triath person but I do swim laps 4 times a weeks currently and if you're still meeting up when I'm there maybe I could join you. :)

Posted

Chloestuff,

Well, there are lots of pools, but not that many swimming options, I would say! (due to lack of lap lanes, and an overabundance of slow swimmers) However, the Landsberger Allee pool is great and the best option I've found for getting in a workout. When it warms up, there may be some good outdoor options too - for example the Olympic pool.

This link lists the public Berlin pools http://www.berlinerbaederbetriebe.de/12.html

It's in German, but if you use Chrome it will translate for you.

Posted

Hi people,

I hope I'm not breacking any netiquette rule.

I'm new in Berlin and I'd love to swim regurarly.

I'm in Kreuzberg and with some disappointment I saw on the BBB site that the three or four swimming pools in my area are closed until september or so.

Tomorrow morning (sunday) I think I'll be at the Kreuzberg Sommerbad but that's the first time I go to a pool after quite a bit so it'll be good anyway, I'll have a quite soft session.

I'd love to join anybody or anybody to join me to swim together.

Thanks

Cato

Posted

Hi Everyone,

I just moved to Berlin and am starting my new job tomorrow. I would love to get together with people and swim! I have been swimming my whole life and worked my way through university as a lifeguard. I am currently near Ostbahnhof and working near Nordbahnhof. I will be working 12-8 so either before or after I am free.

Look forward to meeting some of you!

Helen

Posted

Hi, I'm moving to kreuzberg area over the weekend & was wondering if anyone found anywhere good. Again I've been swimming all my life & enjoy swimming to keep fit & socialize so get in touch!!

Posted

I've been swimming in Sommerbad Humboldthain a few days a week and would like some company and/or people to actually do some intervals with. Problem is they don't open until 9 am. I'd love to swim earlier (indoors or out), but the pools seems to be incredibly crowded before 8 am or so (I assume because people have to get to work, and the entry fee is cheaper earlier) and lacking any sort of organization. I tried Stadtbad Tiergarten and found it is also much better after 8/9 am, so I'm enjoying the less crowded times since I have the flexibility for now. Is it worth going to Landsberger Allee? Anyone still interested in meeting up to swim?

Posted

Hi all,

I'm moving to Berlin from NYC next month and would love to have someone to go swimming with. I've been googling for some masters swim teams in Berlin with little luck. Does anyone know of any?

My schedule will be really flexible for a few months so I'm open to going at any time. let me know!

Posted

Hey Guys!

I was planning to get back into my swimming after a while now! I was in competitive swimming a few years ago! Now I would just like to engage in it to keep fit. I was planning to go twice a week initially at around 7pm and see how it works out and then take it further later on. The following place sounds perfect.. : http://www.berlinerbaederbetriebe.de/80.html

So if any of you are interested , do let me know. Its always fun having company. :)

Posted

I am interested in swimming as i have been doing it for quite a while now. I usually go to stadbad neukoln.

I am not a professional swimmer but i manage to be a decent swimmer. Let em know if you are interested.

Posted

Hey everyone,

I just moved to Berlin from Austria and working hard these days. Still I would love to get back in shape. I am looking for someone who enjoys swimming as much as i do and lives close to the "schwimmhalle" at landsberger allee. I can do early morning swim or later in the eve!

Anyone out there who wants to join???

Nina

Posted

Hi Nina,

I go swimming in SSE at Landsberger allee on Mondays, Wednesday and when possible on Fridays as well. I usually go after 8pm.

Maybe we can meet there?

Amuz

Posted

I need to get back into my swimming, I haven't been for ages, winter is a good time for this, I'm away on holiday next week but I'd be up for some swimming the week after next.

Friday evening was usually my swimming day, but if another day is better I'm sure we can work something out.

Posted

There's also a very nice hall that opened last year, for those in this area of the city, or people looking for a great swimming spot that is rarely very busy. It is only busy sometimes during the early afternoon if schoolchildren are having class. http://www.berlinerbaederbetriebe.de/69.html

Sewanstraße 229

10319 Berlin - Friedrichsfelde

Telefon 5 12 40 35

Posted

Hi Guys,

I'm also new to Berlin, I have just moved from Paris and I've been going to Landsberger Allee for almost 2 weeks now.

I'm looking for people I could do sessions with so there could be some competition involved :)

I prefer to go super early in the morning (6.30 to 7.30/8), or late at night.

Anybody out there interested in regular sessions?

Sami

Posted

Hi there,

I usually go every Sunday swimming in Stadtbad Mitte from circa 11:00 am onwards. It's a very nice 50m pool. Let me know if someone is interested in meeting up. Could also make Landsberger Allee but it's further from my place...

Regards

Patrick

Posted

I went for a swim yesterday at the SSE (Landsberger Alle) and noticed a poster saying that the large high diving board(s) are available for the general public use for the normal entry fee this Saturday January 5th from 15:00 to 16:30 (3 pm to 4:30 pm). Looks like they do this periodically. Could be fun.. also a good way to smack the heck out of your skin if you land wrong?

Posted

Saturday swim at 11:00am Landsberger Allee?

Anyone interested?

Posted

Hi,

I'm new to Berlin and I'm looking to join a swimming club if anyone knows of one?

I was at the swimming pool at Jannowitzbrucker yesterday, it was divided into lanes but there was no fast lane, slow lane, etc so it was pretty frustrating, has anyone else experienced this and are there pools where the lanes are split by speed?

Thanks!

Oisin