Stag trip to Munich; where should we stay?

28 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi guys,

I have been reading the forum over the last few weeks and it has helped me identify that Munich is the venue for the stag party I am arranging. I suppose I am after the usual advice; but one thing I don't think has been discussed on here is where would be a good area/hotel to base ourselves in for the two days?

Obviously somewhere easily accessible and ideally with bars etc within walking distance would be great. I looked at Euro Youth Hostel on Senefelderstrasse which looks perfect in terms of the bar/facilities but I'm not really sure what is around there; plus if there were hotel alternatives that looked equally as good then that may be more appealing. A suggestion I was given was Imperial Hotel on Landsbergerstrasse but I anticipate this may be a bit further away from 'the action'?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rams

Posted

Anything in the area of Hauptbahnhof (including EY Hotel, if they have room for you all) would be a good location. It's centrally located and near most of the strip clubs. ;)

Posted

Euros is a nice hostel and it's great for pre-drinking. A lot of the Toytown crowd hangs out at Euros on any given night. Cheap drinks and lots of space.

And yes, I agree with cinzia: perfect for a stag party, as it's near most of the strip clubs.

Posted

Hi I thought id throw in a few questions into this thread rather then starting off another similar one. Apologies and thanks to all who Im sure are sick of replyin to questions from weekend blowins. Ive read lots on this forum and its been a great help so far so I thought the times come to ask for some more specifics.

Im organising a stag for just seven guys all about 30 yrs of age, not into techno or strip clubs. We are into generally having a laugh and going places where its easy to get chatting to locals or even other tourists (places where its easy to mix).

Were staying in the Euro youth hostel from Saturday 30th of April to Tuesday May 2nd, its the bank holiday weekend.

Were defiately going to check out the Spring festival (Fruehlingsfest). Is it any good, Should we check it out more then once?

The alabamahalle and nachtgalerie sound like they may be good cheap nights out. Are they very young or ok?

Is Kulturfabric very young or worth checking out?

The schabing area and x club seem to get great reviews here but have read the area is pretensious / expensive. Worth going?

Club 4004 is it good / expensive?

Planning on doing a pub crawl south of Marienplatz working in Weisses Brauhaus, Hofbrauhaus, Sausalitos and Atomic Cafe.

Want to work in the Augustiner Beerhalle too, sounds nice.

Any other ideas would be cool and especially need to know whats best for sat /sun /mon nights. Im guessing some places arent open every night or are better on one night then the other.

Thanks in advance for any help. Also thanks for taking time to read.

Cheers from Ireland

Posted

Do ye want to take in some of the Irish bars?? Kilians is at Marienplatz in the centre.

(PS whereabouts in Ireland are you from?)

Posted

Thanks for the reply, not opposed to Irish bars if their good bars and not overpriced. Also prefer them to be somewhat German, no point travelling all the way over for an experience you can have down the road!

Were all from Cork city originally, I live in Clonakilty myself.

Posted

Just finished a stag weekend here with 30 guys from Scotland. Awesome. The bar in Eurohostel itself is pretty good for the end of the evening.

We had a laugh in Kultfabric. Slightly unusually I invited some of the girls from the Munich crew along with almost certainly aided our entry into the clubs there.

Being not into strip clubs probably a very good thing as New York Table dance was very average. Not a full strip. Though the girl we forked 70 euros out for was quite simply stunning.

I took 15 of them off to Therme Erding for the day to the water slides. Great entertainment. If you're into being loud and obnoxious not the place to go but if you want a break from drinking and dicking around heavily recommend. It is an hour to get out there though.

Posted

for pub crawling around Marienplatz, I'd recommend 3 bars in Viktualenmarkt. Le Clou & Heiliggeiststuberl, both on Heiliggeiststrasse (just off Tal) and Markt Stad'l on Westenriederstrasse, all 3 are pretty close together. The first two are good at any time the latter is best when busy, esp. saturday afternoon as it has a very high proportion of shit faced and/or comatose customers, the young barmaid is nice too.

Posted

Sounds good, an hour away might be a bit much for the water slides. Thinking maybe going to the olymic arena one day and the festival another. Glad to hear ye enjoyed. Looking forward now, always liked the Germans.

As for the pubs to add to the pub crawl, cheers they will be included. Love the line about the barmaid, seems to have made quite the impression.

Posted

Thanks a lot guys, your help is really appreciated

Rams

Posted

I liked staying in the Motel One, 59€ per night and you have one in the city centre and one near Ostbahnhof

Posted

I have been looking on google for the markt stahl, but i cannot find it, anybody got an exact street number? or if it comes under a different name? Also couldnt find the other one mentioned, Heiliggeiststuberl it keeps taking me to a place called landshut?

Any help is appreciated as we will be doing a bit of a pub crawl too, but we leave in the morning!

Scott

Posted

What was the verdict on the Fruhlingsfest as a stag do? Is it recommended?

I'm doing the same for a stag in Apr-May.

There will be approx 15 (21-28 year olds) in Munich. Not that bothered about strip clubs, but definitely into mixing with the locals! Also want to be as Bavarian as possible and visit a proper Bierhalle.

Few questions for you good German people to help me with if you please:

1. Where to stay? (criteria = cheap, near nightlife or transport)

2. Best beer hall? (doesn't matter if its a touristy one, just one that is good)

3. Top 5 bars/clubs

4. Fruhlingsfest - planning on wearing Lederhosen and the stag in a dirndl - Will this be ok? Don't want to cause offence...

Dankeschon!

Posted

What was the verdict on the Fruhlingsfest as a stag do? Is it recommended?

Go for it!

Do you have any other hands that need holding?

Posted

questions for you good and overwhelmingly non-German people to help me with

There, fixed that for you. :rolleyes:

Hope you're happy with the advice given so far.

Posted

The "stag in a dirndl" is done pretty much every weekend by visiting stag parties, even German ones.

I bet it's not Bavarians doing that -- and men in dirndls are ridiculous and a waste. Put him in Lederhosen, let him look good instead of stupid. If he's got the figure for it and can pull it off -- short suede Lederhosen from the 70s. I have a rugby player friend who has a pair and oh my does he get attention, and all of it approving...

Posted

Thanks for the help everybody, very much appreciated!

Personally, I'd rather make him look stupid. He doesnt need to look good, he's about to get married!

The bars we would like are going to be generally young clientelle, not pretentious - but not necessarily dive bars where there you can talk to eachother and locals (at first) then go somewhere a little livlier later!

Sara - I have PM'd you...

Sorry I dont know how to do the copy quote thing, I'm new :S

Posted

Na ja. I'd avoid the entire group if one's a man in a dirndl, but I'd chat to a man in Lederhosen. Whatever.

Posted

Here I am again, manly386,... trying to start a new thread. All I wanna do is determine the max age to gain entrance to a hostel? 20 euros for a sleep in a capital city is terriffic. ( i hadda pay 190 euros in Oldenberg for a couple of days) yikes

I was 55 and managed to squeek into Hostel Ruthensteiner /vienna (great place) saying I was only 50,... think I got away with it. but I'm a lot older now. Still do all I used to do,.. just don't ask me to dance. Basically what is the cut-off age for Hostels. Dave the Barbarian

ps if you know how to put this into a new thread I would be greatful... I can start the dam computer and kick it when it fails, but that's about all. any help is appreciated. Dave

Posted

Why not just ring the hostel and ask them?

Posted

The hostel website should state the age range. YHA Bavaria has had a policy of preferential booking for young people/families, not sure if that is still the case. YHA Germany is run on a state by state basis, the private hostels can make their own rules.

So you will need to check with the hostel.

Posted

I think it is the same in Munich, 190 Euro for a hostel if it is Oktoberfest and you have not booked in advance. Also the Bauma, which is the biggest fair for construction machinery will be on 15.-21. April 2013. On that date Munich is booked out. There are a couple of events like this where a hostel bed could cost much more than usual or is booked in advance.

Age limit, I don´t know. Here is a Hostel near the main train station where you can check out availability and prices. Once you find something you could send a message and ask if the age is o.k. http://www.aohostels.com/de/muenchen/