Moved near Wiesbaden

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi everyone,

I've been living in Rhein-Main for a few years now and have just discoverd Toytown. I would like to make some new English-speaking friends to enjoy leisure activities in Wiesbaden/Frankfurt.

Looking forward to hearing from some of you!

Michele

Posted

i'm in Wiesbaden. Feel free to send me a PM.

Posted

I'm also in Wiesbaden. Been here almost 5 months after a 20 year absence. Would love to have some new friends! Either of you feel free to PM me!

Posted

Hello! I'm fairly new here too and would love to make some new friends.

Please feel free to PM me (I'm also new to Toytown).

:)

Posted

hey everybody. I moved to frankfurt from Texas in 2008. If ya'll need help with any insurance issues let me know. I work as an insurance agent specialized in english speaking customers. So, if there's anything I can do for ya give me a call or send me an email.

Call.0172-6563940

Email: christian.erhardt@debeka.de

Posted

Newbie to TT and to Wiesbaden. Have been here since March and looking for some new friends to enjoy some dinner, drinks and music on the weekends.

Posted

WI-er here, I'm starting to think we should organize a meetup...

Posted

WI-er here, I'm starting to think we should organize a meetup...

Posted

I think that is an excelent idea, so all WI -ers drop a line nd lets meet up in WI sometime...

Posted

Hello fellow Wiesbadeners, I've been here 18 months now and always up for a meetup too :)

In case you haven't already found them there are a couple of groups on Facebook you can check out for meeting people in the area - the Wiesbaden Expats group has regular drinks and various other things and the Mainz/Wiesbaden English Speakers group arranges get togethers a bit more spontaneously. There's also the Mainz group on Meetup.com which has a lot of regular goings-on. I highly recommend all three!

Posted

I am down for a meet-up as well. We have been here for a month and would love to meet some people.

Posted

thanks for the tips, Curly Fries!

how does the 6th work for everybody? Nothing crazy, just dinner downtown and maybe a beer or two? Or would it work better on the weekend?

Posted

Good advice from Curly Fries...most of the expat meetup activity in Mainz & Wiesbaden is generally through the Facebook or Meetup groups.

Posted

Hi! This weekend starts an octoberfest in Mainz. Would be a good idea to meet at the train station in Wiesbaden and go to Mainz together and have fun, come back with the latest train or something..? :)

Posted

Great to see that there are a few more people in Wiesbaden. Yes, we should schedule a get-together. Weekends work best for me as I commute to work and/or travel at short-notice for work during the week; makes it very difficult to schedule anything during the week. Look forward to some good beer and conversation.

Posted

Great! Count me in! :)

Posted

So who wants to go to Mainz maybe on saturday?

Posted

I can't make Mainz on Saturday, but Friday night sounds like fun. Anybody else available then?

Posted

Cool. ;) I guess I'll take the lead. There are a few English-speakers meeting tomorrow (Friday) night at the Klappe, Nerostrasse 20, 65183 Wiesbaden around 7:30pm. They are from another group I'm a member of, but I have not meet any of them yet either. The Klappe appears to be a kind of sportsbar from what I can tell on the web. I won't be able to make until 8:30ish as I'm flying in from Chicago tomorrow afternoon and will need to run the office for a few hours before heading home. And in honor of my trip to Chicago, I'll wear my new Bears cap so you can pick me out in the crowd. My name is Dennis, so if you can make it and see 'da cap stop by and introduce yourself. :rolleyes:

Posted

Hi there, I will be going to the meetup tomorrow night at Klappe too. Although I probably will not be there until quite late because there is an important football match (if you're English...) being played at 9pm.

@ Anna88 - I am always up for a night out in Mainz...definitely more fun than Wiesbaden for a night out!! Just can't make it this Saturday.

Posted

Yikes! so sorry! I missed the meeting last friday... had to sort out stuff with my flatmate as I have just moved out...

Hope it went well!

Posted

Hi to everyone,

I'm Spanish but I speack English and French, I'm moving to Wiesbaden next tuesday 18th of October 2011 to work as an au-pair and I know no one there so I'm looking to meet people...

Feel free to email me: laudeaguiar@gmail.com

Posted

hi .my name is Codruta.I'm 29,from Romania and i am now in wiesbaden with my husband and our babygirl(1,8 years old)i'd love to make some new friends.please send me a pm :)