Bored to tears in Wuerzburg?

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey everyone!

I've been lurking about the forum for a while now and already know there's a pretty cool crowd of people here :)

However, I haven't really seen too many people from the Würzburg area in here. So I thought it might well be worth asking whether there are there any expats who'd be interested in having a good cup of coffee with a nice german girl in Wü.

I'm 29 (so I guess the term „woman“ would be more appropriate *g*) and currently working as a postgrad at the University of Würzburg. I've spent an exchange term at Canterbury University and it would be a shame to let all those mad English skills go to waste ;) Most importantly, I immensely enjoy speaking English, but we can of course also switch to German if you like and / or want some practise.

Seriously though: if anyone fancies a drink and a chat, let me know!

Julia

Posted

Hello,

There's an English Stammtisch at the Sportgaststätte Zur Feggrube every Friday if you're interested - always nice to see new faces!

Posted

I am always down for a good talk. I live in Lengfeld, Wuerzburg. Just let me know if you are still interested.

Posted

Julia:

I am an American who spends a lot of time in Wuerzburg, much of it bored (!). My English is good, my German is terrible, and I'm also up for a chat and drink when in town.

Let me know...

Cheers!

Posted

Just cos I posted on the other two threads about Würzburg already - English Stammtisch, Sportgaststätte Zur Feggrube (in the Sanderau, near the S Oliver arena), from about 8ish every Friday - new people always welcome :)

Posted

I would love to meet for a coffee and a chat. I am personally better more one on one instead of the larger groups of people. So if you, or anyone, is interested in setting something smaller up, please let me know. I have a lot of free time usually to make plans and once i get to know people better and then more suited to the larger scale things. :)

Posted

Hi, I don't live in WB, but most of my work is in and around the area, so I am there often.

Been bases here since 2003, with periods of working away.

Might try and get to one of the Friday meets sometime.

If I can help anyone out, or anyone wants to arrange something, send me a pm, I'll get back to you ASAP.

Cheers, G.

Posted

Hi everyone, I realise Julias post was quite a while ago but am giving this a try anyway. Im new to Würzburg and looking for English speakers so if anyone fancies meeting up Id be glad to meet some new people. I actually live in Reichenberg just south of Würzburg but can easily get in on the train or with the car in the evening. Looking forward to hearing from some of you.

Posted

Hi Im at Erlangen...if any1 is up for a trip dwn to Erlangen...Im up for it :)

Apro.

Posted

Hi everyone,

I'm another new arrival. I'm living in the Würzburg city center, 35, and love food, wine, theater, opera, and board games. Get in touch if you want to meet up.