Nervous about my B1 Integration test results!

14 posts in this topic

Posted

I took my big B1 integration test at the inlingua today.. I'm nervous that I flunked the hören part. I could barely hear, though I did ask the woman to turn the volume up, but when no one else complained I thought "ok maybe it's just me." :-)

I'm pretty good with reading and writing, so I actually think I did ok with that. My question is if I flunked the majority of the 20 hören questions, does this mean I will fall to getting an A2? I'm confused as to how they determine the results?

Lastly, if I do end up with an A2, and am dissatisfied with the results, can I just take the exam over again? Is there somewhere that will just allow me to take the exam? Or do I need to take the WHOLE course all over again? All 6 to 8 months of it every day!? yikes...

Posted

You should have asked to have the volume increased, but you already know that. You also may do far better than you think you did. Remember that lesen and hören are the same part on the exam. And if you don't get B1 on 2 parts and A2 on 1, which gives you a B1 final score and instead get an A2, or if you fail any part, which fails you, you can take the test again without taking a course again. Although if you fail, you might want to use the extra hours the government will give you to at least retake the B1.1 and 2. (If you are actually in an integration course). And if the government paid for the exam, I think they will not pay again unless you do take another course. Don't worry- you have at least two months to wait for the results, so go ahead and take the Orienteerung course while you are waiting to find out! :)

Posted

Hey SB, i had my B1 prüfung last friday also, so like you im waitng (somewhat nervously) for my results.

I think the hören part makes up only about 15 % of the marks, so if you flunked on that, but done well in the brief writing and lesen parts, and especially the speaking with your partner at the end of the test, then you would have definatly passed. I also missed 1 or 2 questions in the hearing test, i think it was an answerphone message and i didnt hear it too good, but im not worried about it.

I think i did really well discussing over a theme, and i think that would be like 50% towards the end result, so what i picked up in the writing should be enough im guessing..

Anyway, if you failed then you can retake the test (100 Euro) or if you do the last term again (3 months) in the VHS the government will subsudise it.

Im doing the Orienteerungs course now, and i believe if i pass both first time, i get half of my money back!!

Good Luck!! :-)

Posted

In order to get b1 you must have b1 level conversational skills. Listening and reading make up one segment and then writing, from those later 2 one must be b1 level.

So if you got b1 speaking and b1 writing, but only a2 listening, you can still pass.

But if you get below b1 in the speaking segment it is an automatic fail. That is how it was described to us.

It is a point scale that determines if your work falls into b1, a2, or unter a1.

But try not to worry, you likely did better then you though.

Posted

I have trouble hearing too. I made it clear before the test - they turned it up. Wait and see what the results are before you panic. Maybe you did better than you think you did.

Posted

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the results of the Zertifikat B1 test? Also, where is a good place to take it in Berlin?

Posted

I got my results about a month later I think. It was the bamf that took over a year to reimburse me.

Posted

Hi guys,

sorry for writing in a old post but I thought I would rather ask the same question here than making another topic. I am in the same boat, but my problem is with the writing section.

For listening and reading I am not sure about the last 3 questions where you have to listen to 3 people and then chose from 6 or 7 answer which one suits well. They all seemed same to me so may be I did it correctly but I am just not sure. Apart from that I am sure I did everything else just fine.

My speaking was also good and I am sure I will get B1 in that.

My only problem is letter writing section. I think I made a couple of gramatical mistakes there such as Liebe XXX instead of Lieben XXX and same goes for the ending part I think I wrote the adjective endings incorrectly. I covered the 4 points with at least 2 sentence each. My question is if that would give me a A2 for making that mistake? I heard the beginning and ending is very important :(

Whats your thoughts on that guys :(

thanks

Posted

as far as I know this is not a grammar test, so no need to worry.

Posted

Don't worry. I made some mistakes in the grammar of my letter, Im sure. I was trying to be too clever, and they still gave me 100% My neighbour also got 100%, and her grammar's a bit up the creeek sometimes, too. You only need to get 67% on each section, as far as I know. This applies to the gereral B1 test, but I think the integration test is very similar.

Posted

Hi guys,

Thanks for the input.

as far as I know this is not a grammar test, so no need to worry.

Don't worry. I made some mistakes in the grammar of my letter, Im sure. I was trying to be too clever, and they still gave me 100% My neighbour also got 100%, and her grammar's a bit up the creeek sometimes, too. You only need to get 67% on each section, as far as I know. This applies to the gereral B1 test, but I think the integration test is very similar.

I hope this will be the case with me as well. I will update once I get the results but that will be probably in January.

Best Regards

Posted

Sorry for posting in an old thread, but this seems more recent than the other one on TT.

I just took my B1 test last Saturday, and I'm feeling not so good on how the outcome would be. I found the hearing and listening parts easy and the written part not so bad. For the speaking part, I was partnered with an old lady, and she wasn't the easiest of partners to have. On the last part where we had to plan something, we actually didn't get that far. I started off the conversation by suggesting a course we can take, she just said no, and gave a reason. She didn't suggest anything after that so basically, there was no back and forth convo. I could've adlibed but I guess because I was a bit nervous, I wasn't able to think fast enough. I tried to suggest 2 or 3 courses but we still didn't get to agree on something. Sigh. The proctor eventually had to sneak in a few words so we could somewhat keep it rolling.

I wonder though how that will affect my score. I feel like given a better partner, I could've said more. Anyone been in this situation during the test?

Posted

Don't worry. I was partnered with an Iraqi whose German was very good but hadn't really got the idea that he was supposed to be having a conversation with me. He kept monologuing at the examiners who intervened to try to get the conversation back on course. At one point he was giving an explanation of his theory that there were a lot of words similar in German and English! I'm sure the examiners give you bonus points for having a difficult partner.

Posted

@janjan: I sure do hope so! I really don't want to re-take German classes. I wish though that they'd release results earlier. Waiting 4-6 weeks, fretting if I passed or not is just plain torture! :D