La Leche League breastfeeding support meeting

57 posts in this topic

Posted

A monthly breastfeeding support lead in German and English runs every first Wednesday of the month.

In Frankfurt the next meeting is:

Wednesday, 5th of January 2011 from 10:00am until 12:00pm.

Address: Souterrain Christ-the-King-Church - 60323 Frankfurt, Sebastian-Rinz-Str. 19

This group is run by La Leche League, an international volunteer support organisation. I attend these meetings regularly as a member. You don't have to have a problem to come, it is also a chance to meet other mothers or to borrow a book from their library.

Pregnant women are welcome as well as siblings or Grandma.

For further information see http://www.lalecheli...plz-6&Itemid=83

It would be nice if you contact one of the leaders before your first meeting.

Eva Stroh eva.stroh@lalecheliga.de +49 (06173) 9959983

Maria Schönrock Maria.Schoenrock@lalecheliga.de +49 (06151) 918880

Posted

Next meeting is Wednesday 2nd of February at 10am to 12pm at the same location.

Posted

I need to correct Eva's number. She moved and her new phone number is 02241-1230113. Her contact details are also on the website. http://www.lalecheliga.de/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=403:60323-frankfurt&catid=73:stillgruppen-plz-6&Itemid=83

Posted

Updating thread to the details of the next meeting in March.

You don't have to breastfeeding problems to come along. It is also nice to share your experiences with other mums or if you are pregnant and wish to know more about breastfeeding. Fathers are also welcome.

Each meeting has a theme but there is open session too. March's theme - GOOD RESOURCES - Gute Quellen

In the meantime if you do have issues you can contact leaders on the site.

Posted

I just want to add that the group isn't all about breastfeeding or helping moms with "problems." Of course breastfeeding support is central but some of the best discussions I've experienced at LLL were about starting solid foods, bonding with dad and the ever popular topic of sleep (within the context of breastfeeding)! Some moms have been unable to breastfeed and came to discuss this and others have come while pregnant with hopes of breastfeeding a second child despite not breastfeeding the first. The group offers a "buffet" of ideas to sample and enjoy.

I also love having access to a free English library of parenting books!

Posted

I have our usual email reminder from Eva about this month's meeting on Wednesday. She can be contacted via email Eva.Stroh@lalecheliga.de

I'm promoting the meet up to reach out to other new mothers in the english speaking community in Frankfurt here on TT.

Liebe LLL-Mamis!

Dear LLL-Mommies!

Hier ist eure Benachrichtigung und die Einladung zum nächsten LLL Treffen in Frankfurt am Mittwoch, den 6. April 2011.

Here is your monthly reminder and invitation to the meeting of La Leche League Frankfurt on Wednesday, April 6, 2011.

Das Thema: Zurück zur Arbeit: Wer sorgt fürs Kind?

The Topic: BACK TO WORK: OTHER CARE PROVIDERS?

Selbstverständlich könnt Ihr auch all eure Fragen zum Stillen stellen.

Of course you can bring all your questions regarding breastfeeding you may have.

Wir treffen uns wie immer von 10 bis 12 Uhr in der Christ-the-King-Kirche in der Sebastian-Rinz-Str. 19, Souterrain.

We will meet again from 10 to 12 o‘clock in Christ-the-King church in Sebastian-Rinz-Str. 19, souterrain.

Bitte ausgeliehene Bücher wieder mitbringen!

Please don’t forget to bring the books back you borrowed!

Gebt mir Bescheid, wenn ihr eine Wegbeschreibung benötigt.

Let me know if you need a route description.

Ich freue mich darauf euch am Mittwoch zu sehen. Bitte gebt mir Bescheid, wenn ihr einen kleinen Snack mitbringen könnt.

I am looking forward to see you on Wednesday. Please let me know if you are willing to bring a small snack

LLLiebe Grüße

Eva

Posted

Time for the May meetup. Here's a copy of the email reminder from Eva on the next meetup.

Hope to see some new faces.

Liebe LLL-Mamis!

Dear LLL-Mommies!

Hier ist eure Benachrichtigung und die Einladung zum nächsten LLL Treffen in Frankfurt am Mittwoch, den 4. Mai 2011.

Here is your monthly reminder and invitation to the meeting of La Leche League Frankfurt on Wednesday, May 4, 2011.

Das Thema: Reisen mit einem gestillten Kind

The Topic: TRAVELING WITH A BREASTFED CHILD

Selbstverständlich könnt Ihr auch all eure Fragen zum Stillen stellen.

Of course you can bring all your questions regarding breastfeeding you may have.

Wir treffen uns wie immer von 10 bis 12 Uhr in der Christ-the-King-Kirche in der Sebastian-Rinz-Str. 19, Souterrain.

We will meet again from 10 to 12 o‘clock in Christ-the-King church in Sebastian-Rinz-Str. 19, souterrain.

Bitte ausgeliehene Bücher wieder mitbringen und Trissy geben!

Please don’t forget to bring the books back you borrowed and give them to Trissy!

Gebt mir Bescheid, wenn ich euch aus meinem Verteiler nehmen soll oder wenn ihr eine Wegbeschreibung benötigt.

Let me know if you don’t want to get these reminders any more or if you need a route description.

Da ich am Mittwoch nicht da sein kann, wird mich Katja Herter vertreten. Sie ist auch LLL Beraterin und kommt extra aus Bensheim. Es wäre schön, wenn jemand von euch einen kleinen Snack mitbringen könnte.

I can’t be with you this Wednesday but I will be substituted very well by Katja Herter, LLL Leader coming from Bensheim. It would be great if someone could bring a small snackJ

LLLiebe Grüße

Eva

Posted

Reminder again for this month's meetup from Eva, the La Leche League Leader

Dear LLL-Mommies!

The Topic: GOOD RESPONSES TO GOOD ADVICE

Please don’t forget to bring the books back you borrowed and give them to Jessica! Yes, this is a change because Trissy will have to leave us Thank you, Jessica, we are happy that you are willing to be our new librarian!

Please let me know if you could bring a small, healthy snack

LLLiebe Grüße

Eva

Posted

Reminder again for this month's meetup from Eva, the La Leche League Leader

Note, the change in venue.

Dear LLL-Mommies!

The next meeting of La Leche League Frankfurt will be on Wednesday, July 6, 2011.

The Topic: NURSING IN PUBLIC

We will meet from 10 to 12 o‘clock in the Parish house of Christ-the-King church in Sebastian-Rinz-Str. 22, not in the basement of the church as we did last month.

Please don’t forget to bring the books back you borrowed and give them to Jessica!

LLLiebe Grüße

Eva

Posted

It's the August meeting. Reminder from Eva

Dear LLL-Mommies!

The next meeting of La Leche League Frankfurt will be on Wednesday, August 3, 2011.

The Topic: CHANGING PERCEPTION OF MILESTONES

We will meet from 10 to 12 o'clock in the Parish house of Christ-the-King church in Sebastian-Rinz-Str. 22, not in the souterrain of the church as we did last month.

Please don't forget to bring the books back you borrowed and give them to Jessica!

Please let me know if you could bring a small, healthy snack.

LLLiebe Grüße

Eva

eva.stroh@lalecheliga.de

Meetings are held in German/English.

Posted

The monthly reminder from Eva, the La Leche League Leader for the Frankfurt area.

Dear LLL-Mommies!

The next meeting of La Leche League Frankfurt will be on Wednesday, September 7, 2011.

The Topic: WHY I LOVE BREASTFEEDING 

We will meet from 10 to 12 o'clock in the souterrain of Christ-the-King church in Sebastian-Rinz-Str. 19.  

Please don’t forget to bring the books back you borrowed and give them to Jessica!  

Please let me know if you could bring a small, healthy snack.  

LLLiebe Grüße  

Eva

Meetings are held in German and English.

Posted

There is a facebook page for this group.  http://www.facebook.com/groups/LLLinternationalFrankfurt

Directions to meeting:

To get there, Bus 32 stops right outside the church.  Stop is Grüneburg Park.   

Or it is a 5 to 10 min walk from Miquel Adickesallee‎ ubahn stop on the u1,u2,u3 and u8

Google maps http://maps.google.com/maps/place?q=Sebastian-Rinz-Stra%C3%9Fe+19,+Frankfurt+am+Main,+Deutschland&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ftid=0x47bd0937bc09513b:0x132243500f94f2a1

There is parking as well if you wish to come by car.

Posted

It was a fun meeting. Looking forward to the next one on October 5th.

Posted

Passing on the reminder from Eva about this month's meeting.

Dear LLL-Mommies!

The next meeting of La Leche League Frankfurt will be on Wednesday, October 5, 2011.

The Topic: BABY PRODUCTS AND THEIR IMPACT

We will meet from 10 to 12 o‘clock in the souterrain of Christ-the-King church in Sebastian-Rinz-Str. 19.

The information about group meetings will be posted on Facebook now also.

If you come across some interesting information you think would be good to post for our moms, please send it to me by e-mail first.

The same rules apply as in the meetings. No doctor-bashing. No "you should..." There are a lot of great causes out there, which all you conscientious women are probably doing your part to support, but La Leche League is a one-cause organization: we're the breastfeeding people. So, let's do our best to keep it to subject matters that are related to breastfeeding.

Some groups hold an extra, less regular, enrichment meeting, to talk about other things, which are also parenting matters. Sometimes a mom might know quite a bit about something in particular, so she will lead the discussion. So, we can also use our Facebook page as a forum to ask questions on things like baby-wearing, diapers, organics (but not homeopathics), co-sleeping, etc.

Please let me know if you could bring a small, healthy snackJ

LLLiebe Grüße

Eva

Posted

A bank, ING DiBa in Germany is offering 1000 euros to the 1000 most popular clubs in Germany. La Leche League has registered and you can vote for them online. You have to leave your email address. You can use more than one email address and you get up to three votes per email address. (That meant I got 9 votes with 3 email addresses.) As LLL could do with more money I would really appreciate it if you could vote for them. Here is the link:

https://verein.ing-diba.de/sonstiges/32427/la-leche-liga-deutschland-ev

You have to click twice for each vote.

You click on "Stimme abgeben" on the page, enter in your email address and the code on the page.

Then they send you an automated email.

When you follow the link they send you, click on "Stimme abgeben" again to confirm.

Only then will it count your vote.

You need to do this 3 times if want you vote 3 times for LLL.

Posted

Again that good time of the month is nearly here. Here's the reminder from Eva. All interested in breastfeeding are welcome. The meetings are held in German and English.

Dear LLL-Mommies!

The next meeting of La Leche League Frankfurt will be on Wednesday, November 2, 2011.

The Topic: Teeth

Of course you may ask all your questions regarding breastfeeding you may have.

We will meet from 10 to 12 o'clock in the souterrain of Christ-the-King church in Sebastian-Rinz-Str. 19.

Please don’t forget to bring the books back you borrowed and give them to Jessica or me in case Jessica can’t participate!

The information about group meetings will be posted on Facebook now also. http://www.facebook...ionalFrankfurt/

If you come across some interesting information you think would be good to post for our moms, please send it to me by e-mail first.

The same rules apply as in the meetings. No doctor-bashing. No "you should..." There are a lot of great causes out there, which all you conscientious women are probably doing your part to support, but La Leche League is a one-cause organization: we're the breastfeeding people. So, let's do our best to keep it to subject matters that are related to breastfeeding.

Some groups hold an extra, less regular, enrichment meeting, to talk about other things, which are also parenting matters. Sometimes a mom might know quite a bit about something in particular, so she will lead the discussion. So, we can also use our Facebook page as a forum to ask questions on things like baby-wearing, diapers, organics (but not homeopathics), co-sleeping, etc.

LLLiebe Grüße

Eva

Posted

Dear LLL-Mommies!

The next meeting of La Leche League Frankfurt will be on Wednesday, December 7, 2011.

The Topic: Nutritional Needs

We will meet from 10 to 12 o‘clock in the souterrain of Christ-the-King church in Sebastian-Rinz-Str. 19.

Please don't forget to bring the books back you borrowed and give them to Jessica.

I would be pleased if you may let us taste something you baked :-)

LLLiebe Grüße

Eva

Posted

Reminder from Eva the Frankfurt La Leche League Leader

Happy New Year!

Our next meeting will take on Wednesday 4th of January at 10 am and I chose the topic "sleep" although or because of the general topic for this meeting should be the advantages of nursing. I know from the discussions in our former meetings that sleep is a hot topic anyway

Please print the flyer attached and distribute it if you like to do so.

Looking forward to see you!

Eva

Posted

Here's the monthly reminder from Eva Stroh, the LLL Leader for the Frankfurt area.

Dear LLL-Mommies!

The next meeting of La Leche League Frankfurt will be on Wednesday, February 1, 2012.

The Topic: Breastfeeding in the Hospital

We will meet from 10 to 12 o'clock in the sou-terrain of Christ-the-King church in Sebastian-Rinz-Str. 19.

Please don't forget to bring the books back you borrowed and give them to Jessica.

LLLiebe Grüße

Eva

Posted

Again it's that nice time of the month again. Here's Eva's email reminder.

Dear LLL-Mommies!

The next meeting of La Leche League Frankfurt will be on Wednesday, March 7, 2012.

The Topic: Not Enough Milk?

Please don’t forget to bring the books back you borrowed and give them to Jessica.

LLLiebe Grüße

Eva

The information about group meetings will be posted on Facebook now also. http://www.facebook...ionalFrankfurt/

Posted

The topic for the next meeting this coming Wednesday 2nd of May is Baby Breaks

We will meet from 10 to 12 o'clock in the basement of Christ-the-King church in Sebastian-Rinz-Str. 19.

Posted

Hi! Is there a meeting this week? I think I'd like to try to make it. I'm new in the Frankfurt area (not living in Frankfurt) and am looking to connect with other mothers as well as find support for breastfeeding. My daughter is 7 months old.

Posted

Yes, the meeting is on. Ops, I better update the thread. Welcome Guiguan.

The topic for this month is 'Dad's Job - Papas Aufgabe'

We will meet from 10 to 12 o'clock in the chapel of Christ-the-King church in Sebastian-Rinz-Str. 22.

The room has changed. We used to be in the basement but now we are in the building on the left. Watch out for the La Leche League Poster outside the door.

Posted

I'm a little late this month with the reminder but I got a good excuse. I gave birth to my second child Saturday night. All's going well with me and the little man. I won't be attending tomorrow but see hopefully some of you at the August meeting.

Linda

Dear LLL-Mommies!

The next meeting of La Leche League Frankfurt will be on Wednesday, July 4, 2012.

The Topic: Breastfeeding and Mothers Health

We will meet from 10 to 12 o'clock in the parish house of Christ-the-King church in Sebastian-Rinz-Str. 22.

LLLiebe Grüße

Eva

Posted

Time again for this month's meeting reminder. I'm looking forward to bringing my newborn baby along. I'm glad to say it is a lot easier second for me second time around.

Linda

Dear LLL-Mommies!

The next meeting of La Leche League Frankfurt will be on Wednesday, August 1, 2012.

The Topic: Family Nutrition

We will meet from 10 to 12 o'clock in the parish house of Christ-the-King church in Sebastian-Rinz-Str. 22.

LLLiebe Grüße

Eva