Family Center still in court -- since Oct.2010. Kinderlärm

118 posts in this topic

Posted

The principle of pro bono legal representation does not exist in Germany.

Posted

I don't think I know anyone to recommend but I wish you all the best. Yah boo sucks to the miserable bastards who are taking you to court.

Posted

such organizations don't have legal insurance? i would assume any type of e.V., etc. must have this. anyhow, wishing you good luck.

Posted

theres no legal requirements when you set up an e.V. to have insurance

Posted

i suppose it depends on the e.V. but since they are working with children, i would assume as much.

Posted

Legal protection for companies, voluntary organisations and charities is frighteningly expensive compare to similar insurance for private individuals. Most simply can't afford it. Liability insurance is much easier to obtain, and while recommended it's still not compulsory. It wouldn't be any use here.

Posted

I've moved this ad to the classified ads section so you can close it, now that you've found your lawyer.

Posted

The sound of children playing has only recently been recategorized from noise you can request a rent decrease for (like construction noise) to a sound you can expect in everyday life (like a church bell). It's part of the 'Emissionsgesetz'.

How can a church bell be considered normal and construction work not. Crazy crazy crazy.

Posted

Congratulations on finding a lawyer, I hope it works out for you and your organization. I am not a parent, nor do I see any children in the cards, however I do not understand all of these people that complain about the sound of children somewhere out in the street or in a nearby playground or kindergarten. I always just thought the sound of childhood was just another part of a normal society.

Posted

I remember some years ago reading a series of books written by a a UK policeman* who was one of the old-style "on the beat" guys. His books were classified under "Humour" but they were more real-life with a somewhat whimsical touch. He did a lot of community policing in his town & there were areas where there were "experiments" to have both elderly & young families together. He reported that one thing elderly people do NOT want around them - and that is children.

*I cannot recall the author's name and the books are well packed away in the loft...

Posted

The nice thing is that children's sounds are protected against the law. An aquaintaince of mine had the Jugendamt called on her because her baby cried- they came, saw, and scolded the complainant.

In NY, one must have carpets/rugs over a certain part of a wooden floor: I don't know if it's the law here, ut it might be polite to buy some cheap ones at Ikea and use them. Otherwise, let them move.

Posted

can you have the entrance to the center separate from the main building entrance, i.e. add a new door?

Posted

If the place used to be a Schlecker, I strongly suspect that's already the case. Moreover, if the place is already zoned commercial, the neighbors will have great difficulty in arguing that a family center will create more disruption than a major retail outlet.

I wish you all the best in your battle, Lara, and sincerely hope that the only problem here is that the potential neighbors haven't yet realized (or perhaps fully understood) the full impact that the recent legal changes actually have, and that the judges will quickly laugh the complainants out of court.

Should a lower court decision unexpectedly not go your way, call the reporters at every local, regional, and national paper and periodical - I'm sure they'd be happy to take up your cause, and there's nothing like a little publicity to light a fire under lazy politicians' asses.