The solo-concert-going syndrome thread

75 posts in this topic

Posted

awesome! Can't believe I missed hearing about this one. I may just be around if one should care for a beer?

Posted

I know. I felt suitablz ashamed when I counted 11 of them on my walk back from work.

Unbelieveable! I'd love to say its because I'm so diligent and focussed on my work, road safety, dodging tramps and beggars etc.. but that's a complete lie, it seems I just plough home on autopilot making old ladies move for me or knocking them on their arse while I try to decide what is objectively the best flavour of potato based snack chip.

Posted

you bastard! ;)

well, thanks to Toytown you will see Deftones!

I actually check www.last.fm every week and find out about the shows months in advance...

last winter there were more interesting concerts than this year.

Posted

Hey! I am also interested but I haven't bought my ticket because I didn't want to go alone, did you already agree on a meeting place? what tickets did you buy?

Posted

last winter there were more interesting concerts than this year.

really? last year... december... isis ... mars volta ... and notwist (at least talkin about the "medium sized" bands), but apart from that?

Posted

I bought my ticket at Alexanderplatz.

last winter I went to Chimaira, Opeth, Fear Factory, Dillinger Escape Plan, In Flames, Cannibal corpse, and maybe more.

I also like Mars Volta but didn't go..

We haven't decided on where to meet,

Do you realize it's gonna be -14 that night?!?!?

:blink:

Posted

Yeah it's gonna be really cold, but I don't mind...could you please tell me your e-mail or mobile number so we can meet at the concert?

Posted

Hey guys, i'm going there tonight too, maybe if anyone wants to go for a drink after or just meet up at the concert that'd be cool. I'll send my mobile number to a couple of you just in case you catch the message before you go tonight. Chris :)

Posted

hey all, i know it's probably too late as i'm going to be heading out the door in about an hour, but i'm also a solo show go-er tonight if you're meeting up there? would be great to grab a beer with fellow deftones fans, i can't seem to get my friends onto them!

Posted

Hey all, apologies but gotta work late :(

Let me know how it goes in a manner that doesn't rub it in too much that I wasn't there!

cheers and have a good one!

Posted

it was GREAT! but don't worry, they will probably be here again next year.. :-)

I'm thinking to start a group here in Toytown for people that don't know anyone who likes their band.

I suffer from this case at least once in 3 shows I go, cause my boyfriend likes his Metal very different than me... and all my other friends here either don't like Metal / don't like it enough to spend money on it / lazy bastards! :-)

what do you think of that idea?

Posted

I think EVERY metal concert I have ever been to in Berlin I have gone by myself, but I can't imagine to many fans here on the forums but you'll never know.

There is nothing coming up on my radar until the start of Feb but if anyone is going to any of the below shows let me know:

Feb 1st @ Magnet: Darkest Hour, Protest The Hero, Born Of Osiris

Feb 15th @ Magnet: Periphery, Safety Fire, Monuments

Feb 23rd @ K17: Dying Fetus, Keep Of Kalessin, Fleshgod Apocalypse, + More

The last one will be incredible, Dying Fetus are great live. Anyway I'm sure someone will at least have a laugh at the band names.

Posted

i think that's a great idea, it will also be great as recommendations for other bands that i've not heard of yet! last night was amazing!! i got home and was buzzing!

Posted

does anyone know how to change the name of the thread?

If you can change it to something like: "Who's coming to this concert with me"? or something more serious..

Then we don't have to open a new one ;)

Posted

Hey,

I think this is a fantastic idea, I have the solo-concert-going syndrome, though please don't limit only to metal!

I've gone to Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand, Queens of Stone Age, Interpol, etc. by myself (and quite enjoyed) but meeting up with fellow fans would be nice...

cheers!

Posted

Sounds great to me.

add me up also - http://www.last.fm/user/BenjiHardcore