New in Nuremberg (or new to this forum)

50 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi Everyone, My name is Kate and I'm a 22 Year old girl living in Nuremberg and currently working for Puma.

I'm finding it difficult to find other English/speaking people who don't work for Puma and to put it rather simply, would love the opportunity to meet up with some people where the conversation won't end up being brought back round to what meeting we have on a Monday morning!

If anyone fancies meeting up for cocktails, night's out or just shopping etc please let me know :-)

Posted

This weekend, (the 5-7th November) is a bad weekend to meet as my boyfriend is coming from England but mid week drinks are always an option! x

Posted

Hi Kate,

I dont know about the shopping part ;-) but maybe a tea or coffee sometime. I am living in Fürth.

cheers

Terence

Posted

Nuremberg's in Franken/Oberpfalz, not South Bavaria. Moved the topic so you're more likely to connect with folks in Nbg. Hi, by the way!

There's quite a few folks looking to meet fellow English speakers Events and meetups if you browse through the threads. There's also the "New to Nuremberg" thread where people introduce themselves.

Welcome to Nuremberg! PM me if you'd like to chat, or need other info. Been here about 2 1/2 years and really like it!

Posted

Nuremberg's in Franken/Oberpfalz, not South Bavaria.

Thanks for that Techgirl. - I was beginning to think the South Bavaria section of this forum was sponsored by Ryanair.laugh.gif

Posted

Hey, I have also recently moved to Nuremberg from the UK (from the Midlands orginally), and would be interested in meeting other English ex-pats for drinks etc. I work in Erlangen and am often away at weekends, so haven't really had a chance to meet people in Nuremberg yet. The Stammtisch at Bäckerhof looks quite promising, so I may give that a go. If anyone fancies meeting before then for a beer/ break from the locals, just give me a shout!! Cheers, Dan (28), Wöhrd.

Posted

Hi,

As someone said have a look under the meet ups and events bit on this website. The topic below is the sort of thing that would be a great start. They meet up every Wednesday at a different place for dinner. A real mix of English speakers go and they are a really good bunch. It’s a mix of newbie’s and veterans and from lots of different country’s with lots of different reasons for being here. Check the page out and they normally update it on a Monday to say where the meet will be for the Wednesday of the same week.

There are a couple of English/Irish pubs in town that have a good mix of English speakers. I tend to go to the Kings Arms as my 1st choice.

Look for the topic under events and meet ups "Eating Adventure Treffpunkt In NuremberG"

G

Posted

Another idea is the International Womens Group. We are based in Nurember/Herzo/Erlangen and have many activities.

www.womensgroup.de

Posted

Hey guys!

Thanks for all the feedback - I will definitely check out the meet up's and the International Womens Group! My parents picked up on the fact that i have been a little jaded with spending time with my work colleges 24/7 and surprised me by booking a flight and will be here tomorrow for several days, so that's this weekend fully booked, but I'll arrange a drink / casual outing for dinner sometime during the next 2 weeks!

Anybody also want to create a little before/after Xmas/New year get together thing? Because i know that it'll be quite lonely in Germany for people who aren't going home or who leave to go home late/come back from England early.

- I should have taken more time off over Christmas but having a boyfriend back home, I'm trying to split my holidays so i can go home regularly!

I'll create a group/meet up discussion soon as i have time (work is BUSY!)

Xxx Kate

Posted

Hey Kate,

I live in Erlangen and I am looking for English speaking people to meet up with. If you still fancy meeting new people not working for Puma, just let me know:)

Take care

Yvonne

Posted

Hey Kate,

I'm also on my 3rd year uni placement, working in Erlangen with Areva. I went to the eating adventure once but then started language school in the evenings so have been unable to go to anymore. I work with 2 other english interns. I don't know how long you are here for but if you fancy cocktails/shopping etc then get in touch :)

Edele.

Posted

The Bäckerhof is indeed worth a visit. I'm from Devon and there are a few other UK peeps, as well as a whole rainbow of nationalities, that come along. We usually get in the range of 30 to 50 people and get a good deal on beer and wine from the bar staff! :o))

You can find us, and me, in the englisch Stammtisch Group on facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5353438314

Hope to see you at the November one next Thursday 25th!

Nat P

Posted

Hey all!

So i am definitely going to create a group tonight/tomorrow on a meet up in Erlangen if anyone fancies it? Sounds like there's a few of us and i could do with a cocktail or two after the last couple of weeks!

I am actually busy this weekend as my boyfriend is here, but what about next weekend (26-28)? We could do a Saturday?

Please throw a few ideas around (dinner/lunch/drinks/Shopping/bowling - do they even do Bowling over here?!)

Kate xxx

Posted

FYI they definitely do bowling...in Erlangen for example you could go to Sportland on Munchenerstrasse.

Posted

Hey Yvonne, Kate, Dan (and anyone else in Erlangen),

I'm a 24 year old guy and moved to Erlangen from Stuttgart in July (new job) and I've finally got round finding out who else is around :) It would be great to meet up with any English speakers here. I haven't been back to the UK for almost 2 years now, and it would be great to have some English company close to home. I'm orignally from Milton Keynes, studied in Nottingham and finally moved to Germany in 2008.

I'll be taking a look at all the meet-ups as well in Erlangen and Nürnberg, so I hope to bump into some of you in the future. I work in Erlangen during the week, so weekday evenings after work is always good for meeting up for sports, drinks, laughs etc. Would also be interested in swapping English books etc. etc.

Feel free to get in touch,

Daniel

Posted

Hey Everyone!

All enjoying the snow? I have had an immensely busy week so everything apart from work was forgotten and inevitably i didn't create the meet up group! I am sorry! So the Christmas markets have begun and i though, although it is a little late to organize anything for this weekend, i imagine a lot of you were probably going to visit the markets and it would be a good opportunity for some of us to meet!

Any takers?

xxx Enjoy the snow! xxx

Posted

Hi All!

A very odd thing seems to have happened - i post an invite for people to come to the Christmas markets on here on Friday, it went up and now it doesn't seem to be here any more!

Never mind! I was wondering if anybody fancied meeting at the Christmas Markets in Nuremberg this Saturday for Gluhwein and buying over priced Christmas Decorations!?

Let me know if you'd like to!

Kate xxx

Posted

Hi Kate, I'd love to but i'm stuck in England :-(

Posted

Hey Ya'll! My name is Kelsey, I'm 21, from the US and I moved to Erlangen 6 weeks ago after living in Hamburg for a few months! It's very different meeting english speakers here compared to there lol a lot harder! Not sure why I didn't get on Toytown sooner but better late then never! I would love to meet up sometime with some of ya'll! Let me know if there are any meet ups or anything you all plan to do or simply if anyone wants to get a bite to eat or have some drinks! You can message me on TT or Email me! Look forward to hearing from you all!

EMAIL: KelseyMhn@gmail.com

Kelsey