U25 English Speakers in Konstanz

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi Everyone!!

My name is Krista and I am about to move to Konstanz to live with my partner. I have only been in Germany 1 week and speak absolutely no German :-S ... yet, now trying to learn it quick smart ;-)

My partner is German and I am Australian. I am studying a Bachelor of Business and at least for the beginning I won't be working here. I'm friendly, bubbly and love meeting new people!

I would love to meet people in the area and to go out shopping or pubs, clubs, dinners, or coffee even just hang out at home to watch a movie or whatever! Really up for anything :-)

Also if anyone has any tips about moving to the area, learning German... everything and anything would be appreciated!

Love to hear from you,

Krista :-D

Posted

Hi Krista, welcome to Konstanz!

I think you will be able to find lots of other English speakers at the uni. Whenever I've happened to be near the student residence area I've heard a lot of English. You can try to schedule a meet-up on our usual meetup thread but I think most people won't fit into your "U25" category :)

Good luck with the German. If you want to learn by yourself, try this online course or go to the library or bookstore (the Osiander on Kanzleistraße downtown has good selection) and get some language-learning stuff. There are some good suggestions in Best ways to learn German. You could take courses at the Volkhochschule, Sprachendienst or Inlingua... maybe some other places too; I'm not really sure (I kind of hate taking classes).

Konstanz and the Bodensee in general is a really nice area. I've been here 2 years now. If you have any questions let me know!

Cheers,

Gina

Posted

If you are studying at the Uni then they should have intensive German courses for you. You do study at the Uni, don't you? ;)

Konstanz is really a cool place, lots of young people around, plenty of easy going places to hang out. I am sure you will make friends with your partner's friends and their friends and etc etc.

Hope you have a nice time in Konstanz!

Posted

Hey there!

I am doing the same. Just moved to Konstanz from Scotland to be with my partner. Haven't met much people yet(apart from her friends and family). If you are looking for a friendly face - give me a shout! Im always up for a pint/10.

Where in Australia are you from? I just spent a year working in Brisbane.

Posted

HI,

if you would be interested to teach a few hours a week, small groups of chidlren, we would be happy to hear from you.

WE work with Native Speakers only.

Please contact info@littleenglishhouse.de

Best regards

Michaela Walter

www.littleenglishhouse.de

Posted

Hi Krista,

My husband and I (29yrs and 23yrs) have recently moved from Australia to Germany as he has a job here. We are on the other side of the lake in Salem, but I have heard it is only a short ferry ride to Konstanz. I am also studying but through an Australian University so I will be looking to get out of the house so I am not stuck at home all the time. I also need to start beginner German lessons, did you happen to find any courses? If you are interested in meeting up let me know.

Cheers,

Dani

Posted

Hi Dani,

My names Rachel and I'm from England. I just moved here in May and live in Überlingen which is very near to u. Let me know if u fancy meeting up sometime. I work twice a week till 8 but other than that I'm normally so we could always go out for a drink/coffee if u fancy it?

Rachel

Posted

Hey all,

I'm from the united states, and have just moved to Konstanz for work. I live in Konstanz, near the Altstadt area, and would definitely be down for meeting up with some other english speakers for coffee/beers.

-matt

Posted

Hi,

I am from Konstanz, born and raised, currently living in the USA. Sounds like you guys, should establish a german tradition, called: Stammtisch. Meet once a month or week in a pub of your choice to exchange.

Prost, Françoise

Posted

Hi,

I am Aditya (25, male) from India... moved to konstanz a couple of months back for work..would love to meet some english speaking people. how about organizing a stammtisch as suggested in the post above? :)

Posted

Monthly English speaking social meetings in the Konstanz/Radolfzell/Singen region:

The first Tuesday of every Month we have a fun social meeting of English speakers who live in our region. Our group is made up of over-30 year-old singles/couples & younger parents with small kids.:

Tonight it was suggested that we meet at 'Magrest' Portuguese Restaurant, Im Haselbusch 14, Singen-Industrie

http://www.branchenbuchsuche.de/magrest-restaurant--in-singen_2817591

We usually have at least 8-10 people from around the Bodensee region and sometimes we have over 20. Often we also have intermediate social meetings on weekends at various places around this region.

Sorry for the short notice but come try to join us tonight or on any other occasion. If anyone likes we can have you put on our e-mailing list for upcoming events.

Hope to hear from you all. regards-

Posted

Hallo.. My name is alper and Im Turkısh.I have never been in germany.I will come to konstanz for 4 month ın the summer of 2013.I have to work ın the konstanz on thıs perıod.Im study for tourısm management ın Gazi Üniversty.Im looking for any jobs in konstanz.I can work for all jobs.I can speak english,russian and türkish also some main words from german. İf somebody can help me, pleas wrıte to hasta_1574@hotmail.com

Posted

Helloy,everybody.

I'am from Bulgaria,28 years and i will intend to work like a cook.

I intend to work in Konstanz(april 2013),i have to find a accommodation.

I need from 1 room,the price may be from 100 euro to 300 euro.

For me:NO SMOKER,NO DRUGS,QUIET,NO PET,NO ALCOHOL,NICEMAN ;)

If anyone can help me,plece to contact in the forum or e-mail tinko_stanchev@abv.bg