Gay, Lesbian, trans and Bi Hamburger expats

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Two years ago in Munich we started a monthly Stammtisch for LGBT foreigners - this has become a very successful monthly event:

http://www.lgbtenglish-muc.info/

Berlin has also organised a weekly event for LGBT people that has been extremely successful called Queer Beer Thursday:

http://matadornights.com/berlins-queer-beer-thursday-party-is-an-oasis-for-expats-travelers-hunky-germans/

The organisers of both are now working together and hopefully the outcomes of those discussions will be publicised soon.

However we would be interested in supporting other groups that want to form in Germany's other major cities. Anyone interested?

Posted

Bell, thats a great idea. Is there already a group established Hamburg? My partner and I are out of the whole party scene and we have a little one with possibly another one on the way next year. Its hard to get out much. Please keep me posted as this progresses. Maybe if the group is formed, I could host a get together in my cafe. :)

Posted

amn in discussions with a possible organiser now. will keep you posted.

Posted

Yes - this sounds very interesting :) I would love to be part of such a group!

Posted

This sounds great. I would love to be part of a Queer Stammtisch. It would be a excellent opportunity to both practice my German and meet other members of the LGBT expat community. Please keep us updated on how the talks progress.

Posted

Just throwing in that I am also interested. Hope to see more

Posted

Ha, I thought it was you that was doing the talking Ryan! Hmm, I wonder who it could be then...

Posted

that would be moi...check the events page...

Posted

Hello everyone. I am new to Hamburg, just arrived two days ago. I have been in Germany for two months though. Can anyone recommend a place or a website where I can get involved in helping the LGBT community? Or if anyone is interested in searching for volunteer work with me, that would be cool too. thanks!

Also, whatever happened with the stammtisch? success?

Posted

...check the events page...

keydecking myself... :)

Posted

Did this group ever get started? would love to join and meet new friends. :)

Posted

Same here. I live in Kiel. There are a separate gay Stammtisch and an expat meetup here, but not much trans* and not much variety in general. A group in Hamburg would interest me some of the time.

Posted

I would love to join an lgbtq group in Hamburg :)

Posted

Hi. I've been looking for a LGBT stammtisch in Hamburg, too! Would love to meet up!

Posted

I would be interested to! We should organize it! :)

Posted

Hi Folks, we have a Café in St Georg, we are straight but have about 70% gay customers. Hansa Platz 12 Cafe Curious!

Posted

Hmmm.

So either the group has already been formed and it is kicking @ss and that's why the last post was on the beginning on January...

Or...maybe now is the time to actually start it.

Whatever the case, does anyone know what is the current situation on this topic?

Posted

As far as I know, nothing has happened.

Posted

Yeah nothing as far as I am concern as well, so let's do it? Yeah I already said that but let"s actually do it, this time!

How about Wednesday or Friday next week? If I know how many people who"d actually would like to participate, I can probably think of a place! :)

Posted

Unfortunately I can't do next week as I will be travelling, but definitely interested in any future meetings.

Posted

Well, either this week, or the next one, let's give it a shot. Or two.

Posted

haha ;)

I'm also free the week after, so let me know when it works the best for you, I am only available Tuesday though (I'm the one travelling next week lol).

Posted

Ohkay, now I understand why there hasn't been a group formed yet :P

Even though I feel a little bit ashamed to say so, I am not traveling any of those weeks,

so the week after, or the Tuesday after, or any some day after, we can start over :)