Practice German- Fun meet ups in Nuremberg :)

46 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello Everyone!!!

I have just moved to Germany and need to practice speaking German, I'ld love to start a group were we could all meet somewhere and attempt to speak "Deutsche". My German is basic but all levels would be welcome. I think it could be alot of fun :lol:

I've noticed a few groups on this website and they all look great but none in Nuremberg. The idea is that we go out together and only speak German- it doesn't matter how good or bad you speak . . . its all part of the fun of practicing and learning! (anyone that speaks fluent German who is willing to join us would be a bonus) Personally I find a few drinks always helps my confidence, but of course this is optional! ;)

Is anybody interested???

Posted

I am interested. Keep me in the loop. My German is very basic and I want to improve. I also find that a little bit of "liquid German" makes me more confident also lol.

Posted

I would be interested too. The sooner the better!

You may also find ( sprachduo de ) useful. Seclect the area you live in and meet up with a German that wants to improve their English and vice versa.

Darren

Posted

GREAT!!! So we have 3, shall we give it a few more days to see if we have any other replies and maybe catch up next week? Any suggestions on where to go or what night?

Posted

eine sehr gute Idee ! :) ...I will be interested ..just let me know the plan...my german, too, is at basic level

Posted

I know of one other that will be interested. I'm free most afternoons and any evening after Wednesday is possible. I would prefer somewhere quite as I find it hard to concentrate speaking German when there is too much background noise. You can find my email in my profile.

Posted

Great idea Simone, count me in too!

Posted

ich mag diese idee! sign me up! my german is basic. i have taken two courses at the bildungszentrum and am starting my third in about a week and a half. i can read better than i can speak. i find the umlauts are my current problem. speaking with others would be very helpful. :)

Posted

eegyweegy- I am only 3 weeks into the A1.1 course at Bildungszentrum! Definately can't do umlauts, or "e" or "i" for that matter!!! Im sure my German will be the worst in the group, but I'm good at laughing at myself, so all should be fine :D

Sooo . . . anyone got any ideas where we should meet??? Aurrida you are right maybe a quite place would be good.

How's Thursday nights for everybody and what times good???

Posted

Thursday night is good for me

My prefernce would be not before 7.00 pm...however I will try to make it if another time is convenient to the group

as to the venue,I am clueless ...may be some of us throw some names...Aurrida, any ideas ?

Posted

Did you mean this Thursday or the next? Oops, I didn't check the post.

In the past I have thought about a meeting like this and thinking of a suitable place to meet always felt a stumbling block.

What I always felt was meeting at someones flat would be the best idea but I understand this may feel uncomfortable for some for a number of reasons.

In answer to the question, you are welcome to meet at my flat but be warned it's small.

Maybe we could meet for a drink first and at least break down a few barriers.

It's a suggestion and I wont feel offended if it doesn't feel appropriate.

Darren

Posted

hey im Lucja,

can i join you too but i dont know german not at all ( im going to start language course in september)

where and when will be the meeting?

Posted

Hi Lucja, of course you can join in!!!

Ok, so its already nearly Tuesday, time flys! We gotta make some decisions :huh:

So Im keen for this Thursday 7.30. If thats ok for everyone else? Now the hard bit where to go?!?! I still have no idea.

Aurrida, going to someones flat was a great suggestion, we do this alot at home in Oz. Unfortunately I have had a couple of people tell me they wouldn't feel comfortable, sorry. Maybe after a few weeks when we know each other better it may be different?

So it looks like we're back to the drawing board!

Im thinking a pubs going to be too noisey, so maybe either a cafe/restaurant or beer garden. (if the weathers good!)

I really need some help here- PLEASE can anyone throw some names?

Posted

How about a sort of picnic in one of the parks. Stadtpark has a cafe that may be quiet. Obviously it's weather dependent. But Thursday is good.

Posted

Hey, I'm interested too and could definitely bring one or more 'fluent' German speakers along too. Where are you guys meeting up and when? Can I suggest meeting somewhere central like Plarrer or Hauptbahnhof and walking to a nice beer-garden or park?

Cheers

Posted

I would be interested in meeting up. Again, my German is very basic

Posted

Sorry guys, but I just started a new job and now have to work tonight & the weekend! That sux. I was really looking forward to meeting you all. Dont know if anyone wants to jump in & arrange a place for this week? Im keen to DEFINITELY meet next week, will set a place early in the week so everyones got plenty of notice. See you all soon :)

Posted

Sooo . . . how bout we meet at the tram station outside the main Hauptbahnhof at 7pm this Thursday? From there we can all get the number 9 straßenbahn in the direction of Doku-Zentrum to Hummelsteiner Park beer garden (station-Wodanstr)

Is this ok for everybody?!?!

Posted

I'm available and I have two more interested. Will the addition of two more people be too many? It doesn't look like it unless the rest of you are practicing telepathy. :)

Posted

Hey English speaking crowd!

I am native German speaker living in Fürth who wanna keep his English. Had been in NYC for some time and the English skills slowly but surely are fading...

So, if you are keen on swapping English and German, drop me a message on fb http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=1849894267

I'm basically open for actions like soccer, golf or drinking...(-;

Greets

Chris

Posted

Hi

There is an English-German conversation group in Nuremberg that meets Tuesdays, you can see the details here: http://nuernbergstammtisch.wordpress.com/

Posted

Hi

I was wondering whether anyone actually met up and whether it is going to be a regular event? I'm interested in improving my German and would quite like to join a like minded group.

Posted

Hi there, are there any meet-ups going on in Erlangen? I've just relocated to Erlangen and as I'm going to be without a car for a while and I'm working full time, weekday meet-ups in Nuremberg are out of bounds for me. Would love to meet new people just to hang out and hear some English again!

Posted

Hi Chimes

I believe there is a German/English conversation group (possibly called a stammtisch) in Erlangen but not certain where. Maybe if you look more in depth on this forum you will find it. It may be worthwhile posting on Sprachduo as well as someone there may direct you to some info.

Posted

Good afternoon

I have just come across your discussion. Have you held any of there German meet ups yet? Are they on going and up and running? If so, I am very interested in joining you. My German isnt too good. I can get by ordering and asking for things (Survival German I call it). Hope to hear from you soon.