Songs that make you cry

132 posts in this topic

Scanning through my music files i came across My Immortal by Evanescence, maybe its the heat or too much wine but that song gets me every time.

Whats your lyrical kryptonite ?

It's different for me, depending on my mood (and wine levels), the last one to make me cry (while working - no wine even) was Cat's in the Cradle.

Maybe cuz my dad was never there? Whatever.

Wouldn't go as far as cryin', but The Hollies "He Ain't Heavy (He's My Brother)" comes closest.

Thank you DDBug. 23 other people read this thread before you and left without saying a word. Gutless wonders :-)

Thanks also to Sin who posted whilst I was posting... I think I better lay off the weinschorle for a bit :-)

Been there done this. Wonderful World just kills me! Cats in the Cradle is a close second! I can't wait to go home and see my father... :mellow:

I will Remember by Sarah Mclaughlin- cry every time (played lots right after the dissapperance and death of John Jr Kennedy)

at Christmas- Have yourself a Merry Little Chirstmas, the First Noel and Chestnuts roasting on an open fire, all do me in, especially if I will not be with my family.

The River- Garth Brooks

@Carm

Just found myself a copy of "I will remember you".

Really beautiful song.

Also really liked her song "When she loved me"

Thank you DDBug. 23 other people read this thread before you and left without saying a word. Gutless wonders :-)

i read it and didn't post - not cos i'm gutless, but cos there aren't any songs that make me cry

you big wuss :rolleyes:

My Immortal by Evanescence has been a heart tugger ever since it was played at a very close friends funeral... kinda a lasting memory, always there to pull on a few heart strings.

Time of your life, by Greenday is a major one for me. It has come up many times in life, and still it remains in the signature of my pvt email. Its a great song, words to understand life by - and still it goes on

Poots

Transatlanticism - Death cab for cutie

Dunno what it is... The whole album is heart-wrenching, and very very good.

About the only song that has ever moved me to tears is, embarassingly, My Old Kentucky Home. I never thought much of it when I lived there, but once you're gone it kinda tugs at you.

Melancholy, sad or bittersweet songs would be a lengthy list, though.

My Immortal is a good choice. I'm sure there are others for me but can't remember any right now, since I am trying to focus on the positive vibes of life.

Give my Love to Rose or Hurt by Johnny Cash.

I know hurt was originally a NiN song, but their version does nothing for me.

Amarillo by Tony Christie brings me close to tears...

other than this id say definetly "You'll Never Walk Alone" in a football stadium, especially when it was played at Celtic vs Barcelona the day of the Madrid train bombing as a dedication.