Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Downhill mountain bike riders

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum but have been living in Germany for a few months already.

I'm looking for people who are into mountain bike riding, more downhill then cross country. (as I only have a DH bike at the moment)

I also have a season pass for winterberg bike park.

If there is anyone out there who is interested in meeting up or going for as ride drop us a line.

Smithers

Posted

Do you ride with Zac from the Anglo by any chance?

My forks need a service/rebuild so I am not riding at the moment. Looking to get them fixed next month and then i'll be back out again. I usualy head to the Taunus, been to Winterberg a few times.

Posted

Hi Dave,

Sorry I don't know Zac.

When you get your bike fixed drop us a line if you wana go for a ride.

I would like to see what the taunus area has to offer

Cheers

Posted

Hey,

didnt bring my big bike over but would definately be keen for some shuttles if they're going on. sure i can hire a rig from somewhere. let me know when you're off to winterberg next too, i'd be in to check it out if you wanted company.

Ben

Posted

I'm heading up to Winterberg this weekend, would be cool to catch up with some english speaking riders! If you'll be there and want someone to ride with send me a quick email to bnolan0 (at) live.com.au

Posted

hi, I've just moved out here and am up for meeting anyone for a ride. I have my all-mountain bike with me but am happy enough riding DH/Freeride. I met some German guys at the Frankfurt Bikepark the other day who seem to know the area well - which could be useful - but they are Students so more up for riding mid-week! - I'd prefer weekends... I live in Oberursel very near Taunus Wald so can easily meet people up there. Fred

Posted

Hey there Fred,

I'm up for some DH/Freeride etc. Need to get my Trials skills up there again! One thing I need to do first is sort my Kona's front hub, never going straight pull spokes again, the spokes ripped through the hub! I'm normally up to this level of trails and loved Surrey Hills back in the UK:

I'm no Danny Macaskill, but I do ride a hardtail...And up for freezing my ass off DH...

Alixir

Posted

nice to hear from you Alixr - how far is the bike off? - let me know when you're keen to ride.

Anyone keen to ride this weekend? Saturday's pretty sweet weather, was going to do some XC/DH/Freeriding/whatever in Taunus Wald starting from Hohemark U-Bahn station - then Sunday meeting some people at the dirtjumps/pump track in Kronberg...

let me know it's good to ride together ;-)...

just pm me or (https://www.facebook.com/hang10fred) ciao x

Posted

Hi chaps,

I'm a novice when it comes to mountain biking but have done a lot of stuff on the flat on a trekking bike so am reasonlably fit. I killed my bike (hardtail) by taking it up in the hills above Wiesbaden one weekend...as soon as i can get my forks fixed I would definitely be keen to do some outdorrs exercise with the winter coming. To be honest, i was surprised that the bike was unable to handle what in the grand scheme of things was not really tough terrain.

Cheers,

James

Posted

Hi

Did any of you guys end up riding regularly together?

I'm going to be in the area visiting GFs family in Rosbach (just up the road from Bad Homberg) between Christmas Eve and 27th December.

I'm planning to bring my bike and find some freeride/DH trails in the area.

If anyone's up for a ride over this period and wouldn't mind me tagging along it'd be a lot more fun for me than riding on my own :)

I ride an Orange Patriot and would say I was competent but not extrene - done a fair bit of quite technical riding in the Peak District, Lake District, Glentress and Morzine/Les Gets and Les Arcs in France.

Cheers!

Chris

Posted

Hi Chris, unfortunately I'm back to the UK for that period. I reguarly ride near bad homburg in Taunus with some mates, pm me if you need some info on riding in the area... but seriously, you're there for 3 days? my food coma normally lasts that long over the festive period - best of luck if you do get out, fred (p.s bring spare tubes for the snakebite's ;))

Posted

Hi!

Thanks for the reply. I know what you mean about the food coma - was just not sure I could face 4 days in the house with the in-laws!

Have a good trip back!

Chris

Posted

Bumping this back up with interest.

I have been putting off buying a new bike until i met someone people to actually go riding with. Is there anyone still in the Frankfurt Area who gets out on a regular basis? I am by no means advanced, but looking for something a little more upbeat than a fire trail ride.

Thanks

Posted

Hi,

just saw this post, and I'm really happy to see other people into FR/DH!

I'm also looking for riders into freeride/downhill who wants to ride mostly on WE either arround Frankurt or in some of the German bike parks.

I moved recently to FFM but I'm originally from the French Alps (though I haven't been riding for many years, just started again this year).

Send me a message on this forum if you are interested to meet and ride :-)

Best,

Thibault

Posted

Hi all, Burg Frankenstein is supposed to have some good trails, i was thinking of getting the train down to check it out one (dry) weekend. I'm far more a keen amateur but if anyone wants to join me then they're welcome.

Posted

I'm down to go anytime, though I have to rent a bike now as mine was stolen. I'm not so experienced with any extreme downhill, but I have ridden on the slickrock in Moab before.

I guess I could take my urban bike out on the trails :P

Posted

I am new to the area (once again) and wondering if anyone still wants to get outside, anything active really. I have alot of free time, until work works itself out that is. I know it is cold to some, but I'm game just about anytime. madvikinger@hotmail.com

Posted

Hi guys,

It is good to hear that there are so many here with the same interest

Please help me out:

http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=302747&st=0

Cheers