Mums with babies/young children in Mannheim

55 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey All,

Are there any mums in Mannheim interested in meeting up?

Our son is now 9 months old and would love to have some english speaking friends. He can already crawl around but it will be sometime before he can climb a slide, but if anyone is interested he would love to play on the grass somewhere in the good weather.

I know there is a group in HD but without a car its hard for me to get there.

Jodiejo

Posted

Hey My name is Christine I am new to the Mannheim area. My son is 19 montths old and would love to meet other english speaking moms!

Posted

Hi,

My name is Amna.I have a 13 months old baby...I am very interested in meeting english speaking moms in this area too.We can arrange something...

Posted

Jodie, what borough of MA do you live in? Just wondering, since public transportation links from MA to HD are generally really good - easy and frequent (even with stroller - I do it myself quite often with kids in tow).

Anyway - happy mum-and-baby group, MA-area ladies! Great that you've found each other.

Posted

Hi there! My name is Miriam and I have three small children and live in the MA area. I'd be interested in meeting with you, too!

Posted

Hey,

Sorry i've just seen all your replies.

It would be great to meet up with you all. We are free most days next week if anyone fancies meeting up.

@liebling We live in Jungbusch and its not a problem getting to HD itself, but whenever i wanted to meet with the mums in HD, it was always in some out of the way place - meaning 1.5hours plus each way.

anyway my son is now 14 months old today and would love to play :)

Jodiejo

Posted

Jodiejo--when would you like to get together? We could meet up at the Starbucks in front of the Wasserturm, perhaps?

Posted

Tues or Weds afternoon are best for us.

Could meet somewhere where the kids can play. will have a look at weather forecast and have a think.

Posted

Anyone up for Friday morning in Luisenpark or if you don't wanna play in the snow, we could do rheingallerie in LU.

about 10.30 - 11 would be good for us

Posted

Hey,

Can i interest anyone in going to one of the new indoor play areas with us next week?

Mannkidu Neckerau they have a special small kid play session (krabbelgruppe) on weds morning.

or

Pinocchio kafertal

let me know if your up for it. :)

Posted

Hi!

I read in one of the posts here that there is a group for moms with young kids in Heidelberg. Since I live in Heidelberg - how can I get in contact with this group? Thanks so much for any help! Christine

Posted

maybe use the search topic?

I'm not sure if they meet much now, thats why i started this topic.

Posted

Hi,

I'm a mom of four: 6,3,2 and a baby. I live in Schwetzingen and would love to join you guys. If the number of kids doesn't scare you away ;)

Posted

Hi,

I am very interested in having a play date with you guys...I am sorry I never read the messages...Can we arrange something...Mail me at aminaomer@gmail.com...

I have a 15 months old baby and he'd love to play with other kids...

Posted

how about thursday morning in Luisenpark? 11 am?

Posted

I'd love to meet up...CaN WE discuss the details on my email id...aminaomer@gmail.com..

if anyone else is interested u r most welcome to join us!

Posted

Hey,

we are gonna meet with aminaomer, hopefully on thurs at 11.

for those who don't already know Luisenpark has a indoor playarea at the moment, so if the weathers bad we can go inside.

who else is up for it? pm me if you need contact details.

jodiejo

Posted

Hi Does anyone know anyone know of a meet up for older kids please? Mine are 11, 9 and 7 and have just started school in German in the mornings but as non-speakers are finding it tough at the moment.

Posted

i think there might be something in the freizeit haus in Luisenpark for older kids but not sure when, maybe mon or tues afternoon.

Posted

has anyone tried?

www.windeln.de?

Posted

Hi,

I'm new in Mannheim. I'm at home with our daughter (3 months) and am looking for some daytime activities while my husband's working. I'm not a native English speaker but since my German is still very poor and my English relatively fluent, I'd very much like to join your meetings. If you're meeting in Mannheim, please could you send info to my email mimele@gmail.com?

Posted

Hey,

Is anyone free on thurs?

Thinking of going to Luisenpark.

Jodiejo

Posted

Hey Jodiejo & co!

I can't make it this week but I'd be happy to join you next week. Mon would be best but Thu and Fri are ok as well.

-Melina-

Posted

just bumping this thread since someone was inquiring. you guys still active?

Posted

yeah me and david are still willing to meet, he needs to practice his english with kids his age.