This is why they hate America

233 posts in this topic

Posted

Hat Tip to Jules Siegel of The People's Republic of Moronia where I got this item from.

It's American women, like this Professional Class, clueless dolt, that make my life here in Germany much, much, harder than it has to be.

This breathless 'can't see past the nose on her face' astonishment thing of hers over the the fact that the rest of the world

does not see America as The Sun that Planet Earth Revolves Around is exactly why the 95% of rest of the world has

come to not have much, if any, respect left for We The Peoples of the USA.

And she's one of the smarter, better educated, and better traveled Americans.

Which, I guess, if Google is right, and she's a Product of GWU's MBA Program, majoring in, get this:

Business Administration Marketing & International Business

is yet another indictment, (of a long line of them), of America's Higher Education System.

As well as the Elite Business School MBA Class. When I worked at Andersen Consulting in the late 1990s

the place was rife with these idiots. You'd have thought we'd have learned our lesson over the course of this past decade,

and started to produce better and more competent people, but I guess not.

And if Google is further right, and this is actually what she does for her Career, then things are even worse than I thought.

I'm so embarrassed by this I don't even know where to start.

BTW, I had a devil of a time finding a can of Campbell's New England Clam Chowder this past winter in the Marienplatz because

American produced foods are, rightfully, not prominently displayed. Especially in the nicer German supermarkets.

And why should they be, when the other 95% of the world's people have so much better food to offer than America does?

Posted

oh you mean:

post-44703-1277576857068_thumb.jpg

Posted

Hmmm. I certainly think there are some stupid Americans (as well as stupid people from other countries) but I don't think this example supports your case at all. If you wanted to show stupidity try something like the following (and yes, I know there are videos of Europeans and Australians and ... which show equally stupid people). And I'm not singling out Americans, just saying that if nyclabrets wanted to do that there are other/better/funnier videos like this one.

Posted

Hmmm. I certainly think there are some stupid Americans (as well as stupid people from other countries) but I don't think this example supports your case at all. If you wanted to show stupidity try something like the following (and yes, I know there are videos of Europeans and Australians and ... which show equally stupid people), so I'm not singling out Americans, just saying that if nyclabrets wanted to do that there are other/better/funnier videos.

No, this is worse. A lot worse.

By several Orders of Magnitude.

This completely oblivious American is the Product of the best education that the USA today has to offer.

And, since 4 out 5 Americans Surveyed don't have their US Passports, it's this sort of American Ambassador that

the rest of the world gets to see, first hand, and not those idiots in the clip that you posted, as being representative

of the People of the USA.

The phrase 'Ugly American' didn't originate in a vacuum, and this lot is Exhibit A of where that terminology came from.

Posted

NycLabrets,

Stupid is as stupid does - to keep it simple.

Posted

You do realize that the reason most Americans don't have a passport is because the U.S. is 2 1/2 times the size of all of Europe, right? Unlike living somewhere in conveniently located Europe, when you live in the U.S., traveling anywhere that requires a passport is a bit of a hike (which most people have a hard time affording).

I've spent decades in the USA and traveled from Coast to Coast, Sea To Shining Sea, at least a dozen times,

so yes, I am aware of the distances involved, thank you.

But that's hardly my point, now is it?

A State Department issued US Passport costs $100 dollars and Passport Applications, which take minutes to fill out are available

at every single US Post Office in the Nation.

But the average American, 4 out of 5 surveyed, are too broke, and too poor, to even consider getting one.

Never mind traveling when they have one in hand.

How broke?

Here's a taste of George Busch telling a 50 something, divorced mother of 3, that's working 3 jobs, that

doing that is 'fantastic', 'uniquely American' and wondering if she's 'getting any sleep'.

She's not the one at issue here, I'm talking about the ones that have the resources to leave the USA

and who display their willful ignorance to the rest of the world.

Bush: Holding Three Jobs 'Uniquely American'

Drudge Report | February 9 2005

Last Friday when promoting social security reform with 'regular' citizens in Omaha, Nebraska, President Bush walked into an awkward unscripted moment in which he stated that carrying three jobs at a time is 'uniquely American.'

While talking with audience participants, the president met Mary Mornin, a woman in her late fifties who told the president she was a divorced mother of three, including a 'mentally challenged' son.

The President comforted Mornin on the security of social security stating that 'the promises made will be kept by the government.'

But without prompting Mornin began to elaborate on her life circumstances.

Begin transcript:

MS. MORNIN: That's good, because I work three jobs and I feel like I contribute.

THE PRESIDENT: You work three jobs?

MS. MORNIN: Three jobs, yes.

THE PRESIDENT: Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that. (Applause.) Get any sleep? (Laughter.)

Posted

Yes, css, yes.You´re right.

Posted

You realise that if people are badly educated, highly ignorant, they cannot make informed decisions about well... anything. They have little choice but to believe (and do) what they are told.It is in political, media and corporate interests to keep populations (in all countries) as ignorant as possible.

Right.

And it doesn't help matters when the Brightest and Best of the USA can't show the even the slightest level of awareness that the average 12 year old from anywhere else on the Planet possesses.

Posted

I think that she found it amazing in the sense that it was amusing. I do not think that she was trying to say that Swiss Miss say, is god's gift to hot coco lovers. Though actually, if she had be celebrating the wonder that is Maple Syrup, I'm not sure that I would have judged her negatively for that.

At least the section that she found is full of things that an American might actually buy. Today at Aldi I noticed that they had sealed packs of "American Pancakes". If only the American theme stretched to having American pancake mix. On a not unrelated note, is there a name for double acting baking powder here in Germany? And where might I find it?

Posted

With all due respect, it sounds like YOU hate America. I think you are exactly where you should be and you shouldn't lose a wink of sleep over what this lady thinks of the German supermarket. Glad you finally made it far away from all those idiots, you were really smart to come here!

Posted

I thought the vid was kind of funny. She was actually mocking what was considered typical "American" food.

Lighten up a bit. The world hates us cause they think we are pompous, know it all’s that patronize those that do not agree with us. Kind of like your post does... :rolleyes:

Posted

The world hates us cause they think we are pompous, know it all’s that patronize those that do not agree with us

Oh that's not it at all sweetheart.

Posted

I fail to see what exactly is so stupid about the video or the woman. It isn't a particularly insightful piece, I will give you, but it is far from moronic. I thought the USA section of the grocery was pretty funny when I first saw it. Hell, I still laugh when I walk by it. I think it is creepy that you googled the woman by the way, get a life.

Oh, please.

This is this person's Career.

She's got a whole Business Plan around it.

Total Internet AW.

That clip's garnered +80K views.

If anything, she should be cutting me a check for driving traffic to that video.

I sent her a FB Fiendr Request, with a link to this thread, so lets see what happens there, shall we?

You want creepy?

I'll give you creepy.

Not only has my Profile here on TT been accessed nearly 500 times, in a very short period of time,

with people making the most disparaging personal remarks imaginable about it and me,

(since removed by the TT Mods, they were that bad), but I've had people here, and elsewhere,

dig up every single piece of, (what they consider dirt), that they can find on me, to include 5 year old

blog posts, my private email addresses, twitter feeds, and anything else that they could get their

grubby little paws on, and then post it publicly in some delusional attempt of theirs to shame

and embarrass me.

As if they think I wouldn't have the integrity to stand by what I say, because what I say upsets them

and they want/need to make some noise about it.

And intimidate me into silence, which was their goal of doing all that.

Are you telling me that you you haven't googled me?

Or anyone else?

Ever?

Really?

Then Toll, for I gather then that you've conquered the natural human trait of curiosity.

An astonishing feat.

Posted

Wind wind wind...Sproing!!! Edit: I'm giving this tool greens because it's obvious thats not what he's after and I hope it pisses him off.

Posted

NycLabrets, I did´nt google you, I already know what dog shit looks like.

Posted

I'm very surprised that your own people haven't taken you out yet.

Not only has my Profile here on TT been accessed nearly 500 times,

See a correlation? Maybe it's time to shut the fuck up.

Don't mind me, I've had a really shitty week. And I'm out of coffee.

Posted

Firstly, I'm not American. However, while I laugh at my share of ignorant people and comments, I really fail to see how terrible that original video in the supermarket is. She's simply saying how she finds it cool that they have an American section at the supermarket... Or am I missing something, or not taking into account some hidden message? Maybe she's being a little sarcastic, but hey, it is pretty generic crap they've got there. I'd still think it was fucking wicked if they had a New Zealand section at the supermarket for me! A bit of home in a far off land never goes astray.

As for the other video with the Aussie reporter interviewing people - it was designed to be a pisstake. You can find ignorant people anywhere you look if that's what you want to find. Guaranteed!