Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Yum Cha / Dim Sum Frankfurt/Aschaffenburg

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi Team,

Anyone know of a good Yum Cha / Dim Sum Restaurant in the Frankfurt/Aschaffenburg areas?

FYI Yum cha is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yum_cha (Think dumplings, coconut jelly, chicken feet etc)

Yours in Pork Buns

Posted

OMG I would also like to know??

Got a massive craving for bbq pork!

Posted

I'm reposting on this thread in the hope someone might have discovered somewhere amazing in recent months?...does anyone know of good Yum Cha or Dim Sum places in Frankfurt?

I need Singapore noodles!

Posted

Four+ years in town, and haven't yet found one.

However, we now do it ourselves - thanks to the wonderful Kim & Kim in Gonzenheim (take the U2 right to the end, and it's a two-minute walk).

You'll find various types of pot-stickers, mini spring rolls, wonton, prawn "ha gaau" and pork shaomai. Sadly no char siu bau that I've found.

They also sell bamboo steamers / chopsticks / sake flasks and cups / every type of noodle imaginable - and the best-value selection of packaged fresh herbs I've come across in Germany.

Of course, you'll probably be able to get all of this stuff in one of the oriental supermarkets in the Bahnhofsviertel - but this is what I know and can heartily recommend.

K

Posted

I think I might have discovered a new dim sum place in Frankfurt. From Konstabler Wache, corner where McD and DM is, head down that street (which is pedestrian for a bit, then turns into Große Friedberger Strasse). Right down near the intersection, on the right between "Sushi Stars" and the upmarket kitchen studio shop, there is a dead-end street with no name, which leads to a small courtyard and a passage (apparently called "Konstabler Arkaden) with a very... erm... "interesting" array of shops. The "Dim Sum Haus" restaurant is on the left in the courtyard.

Having led a very sheltered life, i.e. growing up in the middle of nowhere USA and then various European countries from the 80s onward, I was never exposed to dim sum, but have always wanted to try it. My sister, on the other hand, just spent six weeks travelling in Asia at the beginning of the year, and was dying for dim sum, so we went there last night. Had an array of - I think - four different kinds of steamed dim sum, and "Chinese broccoli with garlic sauce". Everything was excellent, I'm now hooked. Wanted to go back for lunch today, before heading back to Stuttgart, but they're closed on Tuesdays. Otherwise open from 11:30 am to 10:00 pm.

Posted

Been to Jade Wok a couple of weeks ago in Bahnhofsviertel and I think I saw some Dim Sum on the menu as well (ask for the original menu, not the tourist/western one!) --> http://www.qype.com/place/15445-Jade-Magic-Wok-Frankfurt-am-Main

Will check out Dim Sum Haus tonight ;-)

Posted

Hey Daniel, I'm anxious to hear what you think of the Dim Sum Haus - hope your dinner was as excellent as what I had! :)

Posted

Someone recommended this place to my husband:

http://www.chinayung.de/dimsum/

Hoping to try it out this weekend.

Posted

@the.frollein: had to postpone my trip to Dim Sum Haus but will hopefully go within the next 2 weeks ... will keep you updated :-)

Posted

I can assure evryone, Dim Sum Haus has the best Dim Sum in Frankfurt!

Posted

There are couple of pretty authentic tasting chinese places by the haupbahnhof in Frankfurt. Just can't recall the name right now for dim sum/yu cha places. Not NYC or HKG level chinese, but not to bad. For Singapore noodles, still have not found one, but found a good vietnamese places as well down in the area.

Posted

Hey guys,

I finally get to write a quick summary of my visit to Dim Sum Frankfurt! I went there with a friend of mine at the end of October and the place was packed! Luckily, we had reserved a table in advance so that wasn't an issue. It was really humid in there and smelled like kitchen which was due to the lack of ventilation but we were too hungry to care ;-)

The menu is not too big but still has lots of dim sum and the good thing is they have pictures of most of the dim sum so you can actually see what you are about to order. Loved that! Forgot what we had but it was delicious! We ordered some soy sauce with chili in addition to the really tasty sauce that was on the table already. Yum! The service was good but not exceptional. We ordered Chinese beer twice and got German instead but the waitress apologized like crazy so we just had the German one which wasn't too bad anyway ;-)

Overall, great place, great food, good atmosphere, although a little too hot/humid when we were there. Note that apart from dim sum they do not have a lot of other stuff but the place is called dim sum so you kind of know what you are getting into. I'd say my favourite is still Jade near Hauptbahnhof but Dim Sum is certainly worth a visit! Will be there again tonight ;-)

Attached two photos of the outside and interior!

Cheers,

daniel

post-187742-13544589299832_thumb.jpg

post-187742-13544589361765_thumb.jpg

Posted

Here's one more picture from yesterday's dinner :-)

Btw: the air was much better yesterday, far better than last time actually. Oh and they do have more additional dishes than I thought. Tried a noodle soup yesterday which wasn't too great though. Stick to the dim sum I guess ;-)

post-187742-13545148575311.jpg