International sports on German TV

105 posts in this topic

Posted

to my surprise I have just discovered that aussie rules is now covered live on eurosport 2!

(for example next Saturday morning is Collingwood Melbourne FC - North Melbourne Kangaroos)

And they have extensive highlights programmes during the week.

I was also able to watch all 6 nations international rugby and both Heineken Cup (European club Rugby) semi finals on France2 which KabelDeutschland has on their bog standard 4 euro a month Kabel digital package (without which you cant even watch rtl or pro 7 in digital).

Eurosport 2 also has the 20-20 Cricket world cup starting this week aparantly.

Sport 1 (formerly dsf) sometimes shows the odd English FA Cup or League cup game live.

What other sporting events of interest to ex pats are shown on german TV, or on channels on German Cable networks, that people might not be aware of?

Posted

www.myp2p.eu - great website enjoy!

Posted

I specifically mentioned sports available on TV with NO need for internet or uk sky, or slingbox or whatnot for a reason.

Internet feeds can be patchy in quality and availability. (they are so impressive that I am paying rupert murdoch for his services instead). So if you really want to catch a game, youre as well goto the pub OR find a more reliable source like say, your household cable tv!

Also, many many of us cannot slap up a sat dish for uk/ ireland channels without a royal fight with the owners committee.

Yes its a constitutional right in germany to "be informed" in your own language, but I already have in english via KabelDeutschland BBC news, Sky news (uk), euronews and 5 or 6 other english language news sources. If I wanted to take it to court to exert my rights to put up a satellite dish "to be informed", it would be interesting to see if the court decides that 8 or 9 english language news sources isnt sufficient for me to get the jist of whats going on in the world.

Posted

apologies...did not read between the lines... :o

Posted

No probs.

Its just that theres already many many threads about how to access non-german sports via the internet, and many relating to sticking up a dish (and the complications with that) to get straight pure uk/ ireland tv.

But theres hidden in the schedules of various providers, coverage of sports relevant to ex pats (like for example all 6 nations rugby and important Heineken Cup Rugby on french channels that you get for "free" with basic digital channels ).

As another example of what I mean, here's another programme that most know about, but maybe some are still unaware!

Tonight on Sport1 (formerly DSF):

Fussball Premier League Highlights 22:15 - 23:30 Uhr

Posted

I am thinking of getting the same...do you know if that Eurosport 2 also has Super 14 or TriNations? Any longterm scheduling on them?

Posted

post-1423-12830032792638.jpg

just an update,

English "Championship" (second tier football) is being shown LIVE on the Sportdgital** channel this year.

From what I gather its only the top game of the week strting with Leicster Reading tonight.

(they also have 3 dutch league games and a russian league game live weekly over the season for those who are interested)

The bad news though is that Sport 1 (formerly DSF) isn't showing highlghts of the Englísh premiership this season. Maybe it'll start up later in the year?? Last year it didnt start till a few months into the seasion if remember right

** Sportdigital is free with the Kabeldeutschland Home package and the same on the Unitymedia network where its included in a similar add on package.

Posted

Eurosport shows tons of snooker, a sport traditionally dominated by EL speaking nations and I think currently with an Australian world champion.

Posted

Sport 1 + (which would be DSF 2 in old money) is showing Man Utd vs Wolves live in the Carling (English League) Cup Tonight.

Pity the stupid channel hasnt been added yet to Kabeldeutschland, at least not in Munich anyhow.

On the other hand, they are keeping up their launch promise to show live english cup soccer

Posted

sport 1 (formerly dsf) as a warmup for the sexy sport clips, is showing a live English carling cup game tonight

Dienstag, 30. November, 20.45 Uhr

Carling Cup Viertelfinale:

West Ham United - Manchester United live im TV

Posted

Sport 1 + (which would be DSF 2 in old money) is showing Man Utd vs Wolves live in the Carling (English League) Cup Tonight.

Pity the stupid channel hasnt been added yet to Kabeldeutschland, at least not in Munich anyhow.

Sport1 is available on KD in Munich.

Posted

Again this weekend theres 2 Heineken Cup rugby games LIVE on free to air France 2, available nationwide on Kabeldeutschland and other cable networks.

On Saturday

Saracens v Racing Metro @ 16:30

On Sunday

Clermont Auvergne v Leinster, 16:00

Posted

Another heads up, this time live FA Cup action.

All on Sport 1+

Saturday

FC Arsenal - Leeds United

Sendetag:08.01.2011

Sendezeit:13:40 - 15:45 Uhr

Stevenage Borough - Newcastle United,

Sendetag:08.01.2011

Sendezeit:18:25 - 20:30 Uhr

Sunday

Manchester United - FC Liverpool

Sendetag:09.01.2011

Sendezeit:14:25 - 16:30 Uhr

Leicester City - Manchester City

Sendetag:09.01.2011

Sendezeit:16:55 - 19:00 Uhr

Posted

I wanted to watch Arsenal v Leeds today on Sport 1 (replacement for DSF) and it wasn't on. I then went onto the Sport 1 website and the game was on offer there for €2. I'm not that stingy but I just don't do pay tv. I'm with Kabel Deutschland by the way. Does anyone know if United v Liverpool is also only available pay per view?

Posted

I've just been watching the World Darts Championship (BDO version) on Eurosport.

Posted

I wanted to watch Arsenal v Leeds today on Sport 1 (replacement for DSF) and it wasn't on. I then went onto the Sport 1 website and the game was on offer there for €2. I'm not that stingy but I just don't do pay tv. I'm with Kabel Deutschland by the way. Does anyone know if United v Liverpool is also only available pay per view?

They are both on sport 1+ , not sport 1. I'm a satellite viewer have sport 1 but not the 1+. I think though sport 1+ is available on kabel.

Edit- if I'm not mistaken sport 1 is the FTA channel, and sport 1+ is a subscription channel. (formally dsf and dsf2 respectively)

Posted

I would die without my MLB Baseball if I ever move there, haha. But I guess I could always utilize the internet. =)

Posted

re "Subscription" channel Sport 1 +

- It is currently ONLY available via cable (no satelite reception possible yet)

- The subscription element is not for this channel alone, but its part of a wider package of entertainment channels.

http://www.kabeldeutschland.de/fernsehen/sender-uebersicht-kdhome.html is what you get for your tenner a month from Kabeldeutschland.

It also gets you back MTV which was removed from the free packages last week.

Posted

FA cup weekend is upon us again, and Sport1 serves up a hattrick of fixtures on Saturday (live)

1325 Everton v Chelsea

1555 Birmingham v Coventry

1810 Southampton v Man u.

Sweet :D

Posted

Very good!

Also, the super bowl is live on ARD (also in HD?) on the night of the 6th February.

http://programm.daserste.de/pages/programm/detail.aspx?id=21FAEEB9173ECF720D75A5043CF1B357

And as mentioned on a separate thread, Sport1+ is showing the 6 nations rugby this spring (and later the world cup), available on Cable tv networks across the land!!

Oh, Sport 1+ is now also available in HD, and the way their scheduling is going, I might just have to upgrade my decoder to take advantage!

Posted

Lots of Rugby to look forward to on German TV (Can you believe it) !!!

The Six Nations 2011 will be shown on SPORT1+ (Pay TV on cable or T-Entertain)

The European Nations cup (6 nations B )is being shown on Eurosport2 (also pay TV)

The World cup is going to be on SPORT1 and SPORT1+

Posted

If you have normal cable included in your utility charges (nebenkosten), you can get digital cable connection (Unity Media or Kabel Deutschland) for 2.90€/month. This includes Sport1 and Eurosport2(German).

Posted

but...

Does it include the new channel Sport1+ (which is showing the rugby) for the 2.90.

I amnt so sure. heres the list of the channels for the €2.90 (always remembering that KD are useless at updating their exact current channel selection)

http://www.kabeldeutschland.de/fernsehen/sender-uebersicht-freie-digitale-sender.html

You might need to pay the extra tenner on top of that (for Kabeldeutschland at least) for the home package, which gives you these extra channels

http://www.kabeldeutschland.de/fernsehen/sender-uebersicht-kdhome.html

including Fox in HD and Sport1+ in HD if your receiver supports it, or SD if it doesnt

Posted

This includes Sport1 and Eurosport2(German).

but...

Does it include the new channel Sport1+

Sport1+ is not included in the basic digital package.

Posted

I pay 3.95€ per month on top of my standard charge for the sport package by T-Entertain.The package includes ESPN America,ESPN classic,Eurosport 2,SPORT1+,Extreme sport,and two motor channels...

The Bundesliga (Ligatotal)costs me 14,95€ a month