What did you eat for breakfast today?

176 posts in this topic

Posted

Having just read the thread about the Monte´milk drink that (surprise, surprise!) has turned out to be full of sugar and not really healthy at all, I got to wondering what other people here eat for breakfast.

I'll kick off with what I had:

A roll, with jam on one half of it, and Nutella on the other - and half a litre of coffee to wash it down

Posted

'scuse my ignorance here, but what exactly are American style banana pancakes?

Posted

American pancakes are very different than "pancakes" as they are known here.

Posted

I had homemade, no-sugar-added apple and cinnamon oatmeal. Yum!

Posted

ok ok ok.

The humongous difference between American-style pancakes and German pfannkuchen is...

one is a pancake and one is a donut.

Posted

seems like a pretty big difference to me...

EDIT: Donut is pretty accurate with all the sugar in the batter of the German pancake. They're much sweeter than the American style. They are much thinner and served differently. In the States, German pancakes are known as crepes. Very different.

Posted

scramble eggs,bacon,with melted cheese and Mexican salsa with a huge glass of cold orange juice.

Posted

7 Egg whites, one whole egg, one slice of 90% dinkelbrot, 10gr of almonds, one pear and 100gr of broccoli. Sick, huh?! But I like it! And now I'm off to Schönbusch for a nice long walk in the park! :)

Posted

The humongous difference between American-style pancakes and German Berliner pfannkuchen is...

one is a pancake and one is a donut.

Fixed that for you.

Steak, fried potatoes and green beans - yesterday's leftovers are today's brunch after cleaning the apartment preparatory for my departure tomorrow.

Posted

Allo walle paranthay with youghurt! The staple diet of any punjabi washed down with a cold lassi.

Posted

scramble eggs,bacon,with melted cheese and Mexican salsa with a huge glass of cold orange juice.

It's still many hours off, but I'm going to be making the above, with the addition of fried potatoes, and sticking the lot (other than the o.j.) into warm tortillas for breakfast burritos. (Plural, cause it won't just be me eating breakfast in the a.m. ;-))

HondoMan--That sounds good, especially if the almonds and broccoli were mixed together in an omelette. (The pear, too?) I had slivered almonds on my salad yesterday-delish!

@O.P. I usually like shredded wheat or ruskets (Wheetabix)for cereal choices, but I decided to buy a couple of boxes of cranberry/almond whole grain cereals from the Trader Joe's chain, as I had been picking up a couple of boxes for a friend on my shopping trips. Tasty...but then I looked at the box information, and there were 16 grams of sugar inside! And the boxes had the most organic, healthy looking pictures on them!

Posted

This morning I had two pieces of toast spread with peanut butter and topped with a sliced banana and one cup of Darjeeling tea to wash it all down with.

My favourite breakfast is two poached eggs on toast with lots of chili sauce.

Posted

ok ok ok.

Baking powder.

But to actually post an on-topic post: two croissants with jam and honey and tea, not the healthiest but hey it's Sunday.

Posted

Shite, I forgot to have breakfast! Thanks Toytown.