Playing Badminton in Frankfurt

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anyone play badminton in the evenings or weekends in Frankfurt, I am based in Rodelheim but can travel within the city.

Posted

ohh dear :)

have a quick look :)

http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140287&st=0&p=1688521&#entry1688521

Thanks ,

DS

Posted

DS thanks for this....do you and others still go to the TGBornheim, is it still as busy as it was back in 2008 and can anyone come along and join (although my German is not good at all yet)

Posted

Hi,

The posts on badminton in Frankfurt are very old in this forum, I don't know if they are still valid.

Do you have any good suggestions for facilities / clubs to play Badminton in and around Frankfurt city center, or even further out? I stay close to Galluswarte, but am willing to travel around.

Cheers,

KRK

Posted

Fitnessfirst in Eckenheim (Karl-Von-Drais Str.) has quite a few badminton courts.

Posted

SportFabrik sports center in Bockenheim is another option.

SportFabrik Badminton

They also sometimes offer courts on the weekend if there is nothing happening in the gym.

I have been there a few times. And the staff speak english, so you can call and make appointments.

Posted

Thanks Warren. Will check that out when my friends come over for a game.

Otherwise, I've checked out this club 1fbc.de. They seem to be pretty good in numbers, and they play during week days in the Franz-Boehme Schule. I'll be joining that... I think.

Posted

Sportfabrik is quite expensive though. I played there once at 7pm and I think we paid like 17 or 18 EUR for 1h. It's cheaper if you go in the morning though.

Posted

Dear all

I like to play badminton too. Any groups playing regularly at Frankfurt?

jai

Posted

Dear All,

I recently moved to Frankfurt and am interested in playing badminton after work ,My German is not good enough yet,any courts near Fechenheim?

Thanks

Denzil

Posted

I'm also looking for some regular badminton players in Frankfurt! I'm not a beginner though, I've been playing for quite a while now.. (although i'm far from being a pro!) Anyway, if anybody happens to go regularly or to look for a player, I'll be happy to join!

Posted

I'd like to learn how to play badminton if anyone wants to teach or play with a beginner! :)

The FTG in Bockenheim has 2 badminton nets inside and it's 10 EURO for a day pass.

Posted

lipsy, I am not a beginner as well and would like to play badminton pretty regularly,PM me if you find something in in frankfurt and we can figure out the logistics later.

Posted

Hello folks,

Wondering if anybody is aware of any good badminton courts /groups near Feschenheim , I am up for playing after work on weekdays.

Cheers!

Posted

Dear all

I am trying to organise a badminton group in Frankfurt. The court is at Gingheim (I think I spelt it right)...it is at the back of Westend. Do contact me via email if you are interested and we can get things going.

Thanks.

regards

jai

sjshankar@gmail.com

Posted

Dear all,

Am interested to Join any of the group playing Badminton in Frankfurt. I play reasonably. I like to play for the fun and for the fitness. It's not a problem if the court is paid. Am not good in German ;). I have my own rackets.

Before an year I was playing badminton along with my friends in center near to kruppstrasse halt. But after stopped playing since they were out of station. I just came to know in finding the partner in this forum. Hoping to find someone here.

Posted

Hello Folks , So we (coolmachine and myself ) are planning to meet and play at Bodylife this Thursday 10 am. Let us know if anyone else is interested to join.