What size satellite dish do u need to pick Sky TV?

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi Im moving to Dusseldorf, (Derendorf) in April,

I would really like to be able to watch Sky TV in Dusseldorf and am wondering if anybody who reads these threads has any experience of trying to set up there dish in D'dorf,

My apartment will be SW facing which is good as it is pointing in the correct direction for Astra 2d, but i'm curious as to what size dish to buy and wether anybody knows any good satellite installation companies in Dusseldorf?

Thanks,

Sailor Jerry

Posted

The dish needs to point to South EAST!

In D-Dorf you need a 70cm dish antenna for perfect all round reception..

SP

Posted

Ah yes south east, thanks,

Do you know any good sat installation companies?

Thanks,

Posted

The dish needs to point to South EAST!

In D-Dorf you need a 70cm dish antenna for perfect all round reception..

SP

Southeast? The satellite is over Turkey? :unsure:

Posted

As SpiderPig indicated, the satellite you want is 28.2 degrees EAST of south. http://www.dishpointer.com/ will help you check which direction that is from your balcony.

Posted

hi i know it's an old post, hope you made it :)

we have just moved to D-dorf and would like to install a Sat and watch UK Sky.

we have a Sattelite installation guy but he doesnt know how we subscribe to see sky broadcasts?

anyone can point out how we can do it without an active UK address?

Posted

Tali P get in touch with Bavaria Satellite or Spiderpig i know for a fact he is in Frankfurt for a couple of days a week.Totally reliable and a good bloke he will sort you out.Do not even need an english address

Posted

We just did this, our guy from the UK sent us the info and a German company installed the new dish within days:

The area you are moving to will most certainly be best if you use a 60cm dish with twin LNB.

You will need to request this when you find an engineer who can sort an installation for you.

All you need is an engineer to provide and setup a 60cm dish with Twin LNB and two cables to your TV area. The dish will need to be aligned to Astra 2 at 28.2 degrees.

Hope this helps OP or someone else looking for info :)

Posted

I am not sure how correct this is but I suspect a 80cm is needed here in Dresden?

Either way the other question I have as we are just about to move into a new places, and although I can push the arguments for a dish I rathe keep it low profile.

One company I saw is Squish. Anyone know if these are any good? I seen they have Quad LNB's on some models. Visually it seems low impact.

Posted

Some UK channels have already moved to a satellite with a beam more tightly focussed on the UK. More are expected to move to similar beams during the year.

You may find that a small dish picks up channels now but won't work later in the year.

Please check the Astra 2F thread for details.