English-speaking playgroup in Altona

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello

We're organising an English speaking playgroup for 0-3 year olds. Altona Elternshcule have offered us a room on either a Monday or Wednesday. All are welcome - we'll be starting up sometime in mid March so if you are interested get in touch.

Posted

Hello! :)

We also have a mothers and pregnant lady club. We have been running now for nearly one year and have become extremely popular. If you are interested, we meet every Tuesday morning at various locations in and around Hamburg, and in the summer months we also arrange day trips. We are most active on Facebook under the group name of 'Hamburg Mothers Meeting!' (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=81675163533) not sure whether link will work but if you search for the name - we are there. We also have postings on Britain in Hamburg (http://www.britaininhamburg.de/group/hamburg)and our own site on NING (http://hamburgmothersmeeting.ning.com/) but these are not updated very often.

If you would like more details about our international, English speaking mummies group. PM me!!

Danni x

Posted

We have finally have a set day and time for our playgroup.

Wednesdays 10.30am-12.30pm at the Altona Elternschule, Thedestraße 101a, 22767 Hamburg

The first official meet up will be Wed 24th March 2010

We will do an organised activity round about 11am and the rest of the time is free-play so no need to show up dead on 10.30 or wait till the end if it doesn’t suit. Both mums and dads are welcome.

Our main goal is to have an English speaking group for babies and toddlers where they can lie/crawl/toddle/stare at each other without fear of being run down by an energetic five year old…

If you’d like to come along then you can just show up or email me via this site for more information.

Angela

Posted

Hello

I am very interested in checking out your playgroup! How has the turnout been so far? Are you still meeting? My 15 month old is toddling away now and has become very interested in other minis that lose their balance and fall on their butts all the time!

Angela

Posted

Yes we're still meeting. There's eight of us at the moment (though how many attend varies each week). New members are always welcome! There's no meet up this week but there will be the following week. I'll mail you with a bit more information.

Posted

A quick update for those interested in joining our group. From now until the end of the summer we will be meeting at each other's houses rather than at the Elternscule.

If you wanted to come along let me know and I will send you details of the next meet up.

Posted

Hi Glasfrisan,

the playgroup sounds good but my kids are older ( 7yr old boy and 4 yr girl ) so I would like to know if there are any other families who would be like to meet up so that the kids can play together and we have a chat?

I live in the west of Hamburg (Sülldorf). Hopefully we can get a group together.

Maua

Posted

Mum of daughter born March 2009 seeks contact info of parents in Hamburg of English-speaking children of similar age for informal play group. May be able to host sometimes in my little apartment in Eimsbüttel (near U2 and U3, also near bus 15, 4, and 5)if you don't mind the small space. Our daughter does not go to any Kita or Tagesmutter, and my husband speaks to our daughter in German, so I want to start hosting or contributing to an existing playgroup in our area so my daughter can hear more English. I have a small collection of English 'phonics' materials and English language songs and can try to lead sometimes if no one else is up to it. Also, would consider ocassional babysitting to give each other a break. Also interested in getting English language magazines or books for children if any one has some old ones they don't want any more or have to get rid of for a move.

Posted

Hi, my wife and I have just moved back to Hamburg from the UK and was wondering if the playgroup is still going?

Our daughter is two and a half and our son is now 11 months old, is there an age limit etc?

Hope to here from you soon

Geoff

Posted

Hej there,

Is this group limited to native En speaking kids/mums? I just started maternity leave here in Hamburg with our 6 weeks old little daughter

(I am Swedish, dad is German)and sounds nice to meet up other mums and kids

Maybe the other kids are bigger - then maybe we can join after Summmer when my my daughter is a bit older?

Look forward to hear from you

/E

Posted

This group has recently stopped meeting, but there are still a few of us who would like to meet informally with other English-speaking parents and kids in living rooms or playgrounds. The HMM group is nice if you're a stay-at-home mum and can make their morning meetings, but doesn't work for people who work and/or send the kids to Kita.

Anyone else interested in meeting in the afternoons (say 3:30 or later) should get in touch. Those of us left have kids around 1-2 years give or take, and live roughly between Altona/Eimsbüttel and Othmarschen (and traveling much further doesn't work so well between Kita and suppertime). As long as your kids wouldn't be bored hanging around a bunch of toddlers, any age is ok. Non-native speakers are also welcome, but preferably ones who speak English to their kids regularly.

Posted

Hey I would be interested in meeting up, 3.30 onwards is a perfect time for me. I live in Rissen and have two children- 3yr and 1yr. Let me know if there is a meet up soon xx

Posted

I would love to join you, too! I just moved to Ottensen from the US last week. I am German, but my 10 month old daughter is American, and I would like to raise her bilingually . 3:30 p.m. would be great! Looking forward to hearing from you!

Posted

Hello! I would also be interested in joining in. I am currently expecting my 1st in August, I hope that still counts. I would love to get to know more moms (or moms to be like me) on my side of town! 3:30 is fine for me too.

Posted

Hello, Time & location fits me as well would be happy to meet up

Posted

Hello

Is this group still meeting? Me and my husband just moved to Eimsbüttel with our 8 months old daughter. (Im from sweden, my husband from England).

And I would like to meet up sometime, if you still are meeting. :)

//S

Posted

Yes, we're still (or again) meeting.

The new details:

we meet Monday afternoons around 3:30

in a park when the weather is nice, in a cafe or someone's living room when it's not

various locations around Altona, Ottensen, Eimsbüttel

it's a mix of newborns (or soon to be borns), 1-2 year olds, and sometimes older siblings

message me to find out the particulars and/or get on the email list.

Posted

Hi, I am new to this forum... really interested in meeting a mother and baby group. Are you a group of friends or is it open access? I have a little girl of 8 months. Thanks for any information.

Posted

There are some people who knew each other before (in most cases through similar groups), but also plenty of new faces. Message me your email address if you want to get notices about meetings.

Posted

hello, I am also interested. Angela sent me the link to this thread. I also work in the mornings. Can you send me an email? wopita@yahoo.com

I don't check Toytown very often.

Posted

Hi,

just wondering if this play group is still going.

Tanja

Posted

yep, still going, still meeting Mondays at 3:30, various locations.

PM me for details.

Posted

hello,

i was just wondering if that group is still meeting, if yes then i would be happy to join it with my 6 months old baby

looking forward to hearing from someone :)

Posted

Hi is the english speaking playgroup around altona still meeting at all? As I would really like to get in contact with other english speaking mothers in the area, my daughter is 3 months.

Posted

So....any chance this meet up is still going on? I really hope so! What are the current meeting dates/times? Any chance it's still in the Altona/Ottensen area? Looking forward to meeting people and getting acquainted with the area. I'd appreciate a response from anyone in the know : ) TIA!