Scientology moves on to Toytown

73 posts in this topic

Posted

This guy is trying to pedall Scientology DVD's on Toytown,I am not sure if that should be allowed by the Mods?

Maybe I'm overreacting, but thats how it starts with these Wackos,one ad then another and so on...what do you think?

http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=166379

Posted

First of all, any time some one has a problem with a post, the best thing to do is hit that little triangle that says Report.

Secondly, it doesn't look like anyone is clamoring to buy these DVD's but instead are very disparaging of them. So, not really a problem then is it?

Posted

I say we let BadBob lose on them.

Posted

I am not sure if that should be allowed by the Mods

You're right. We have enough Whackos already on Toytown and these new ones should find new shores - we're full.

Posted

First of all, any time some one has a problem with a post, the best thing to do is hit that little triangle that says Report.

Secondly, it doesn't look like anyone is clamoring to buy these DVD's but instead are very disparaging of them. So, not really a problem then is it?

You don't belong to "EL RONS" PR dept by any chance? :huh:

Jesting of course please take no notice...or should you?

Posted

Well personally, I think people can buy and sell whatever they want, as long as it's legal. I wouldn't mod a thread that was selling bibles or korans either...

Oh and I've moved this thread to Metachat, because that's where these sort of discussions belong.

Posted

I want everyone to know there aint gonna be no problem from me.

Posted

I've edited the header to make it clear that it's scientology. Everyone can see what it refers to now and if someone still wants to buy it, then it's up to them...

Posted

its up to them? so much for being your brothers keeper. I visited their temple in St. Louis MO. and was nearly turned away due to suspicion that i was affiliated with the Anonymous protest which had been staged there earlier in the day. regardless of what I told them they felt secure that they could help me improve my quality of life. this seemed to consist of buying their books and taking their courses/giving into mental persuasion and mind control. Boo on scientology. Two thumbs down and I call bullshit on El Ron and his wacky alien spirits.

in the words of John Searle "as a general rule of thumb, anything that has to call itself science probably isn't"

Posted

John Searle. That name brings back memories.

Posted

The big problem here is that if you don't speak out against it,

it gives the impression that you're either a member or just naive (a bit of a Chamberlain if you like ).

Posted

As I counterpoint, I've added a link to a non-religious help unit to show the alternative.

Then it is an informed choice.

Posted

I say we let BadBob lose on them.

Never a truer word was misspoken :P

Posted

Selling on the internet is one things, it gets real bad once they start knocking on your door. I had a friend who bought one book of the internet out of academic interest and they wouldn't leave her alone for months. Always knocking on the door. At least Mormons and Jehovah witness's know when to stop, kinda. These guys are headhunters.

quickly editing profile, dont want to be tracked, ... da de da de dum .... mmmmm I wonder whos knocking on the door, aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

No more posts from Staffchild101.

Posted

Looking at the Ad in question, I get the distinct impression that this is an Indian guy(name) who has been given some promo DVDs and is now trying to make a quick € or two.

BUT you never know for certain with these fellas? :unsure:

Posted

No more posts from Staffchild101.

Take your laptop in the closet - I'm sure Tom won't mind!

Posted

I'm actually almost curious enough to buy it myself - just to see what it's all about.

Just go torrent the darned thing. :P

Posted

Shit, I will become a Scientologist wierdo too, if I get to have sex with either Nicole Kidman or Katie Holmes, I don't mind which.

I did their free personality test one day, back in Dublin, it really pisses them off when you dont admit to having some kind of problem that they can hook onto,

The test was bullshit, plus anyone who has ever done a course in communications will, see all the techniques of Psych, NLP, Body language etc being used, they are very good at what they do, I am a very strong willed person, and I found it very hard to say no to these people, so what would a vulnerable person away from home, alone in Germany say?

if they want to advertise, then they should have to pay Toytown and take out an advertisement , and then it will be seen for what it is

Posted

If you play Stairway to Heaven backwards you hear a Spiral to Hell and Eat at KFC(often).

Posted

Looking at the Ad in question, I get the distinct impression that this is an Indian guy(name) who has been given some promo DVDs and is now trying to make a quick € or two ...

I think you're right, although he's disguised his name as "pawkumar" instead of the real "Poor Kumar"

Posted

I always thought the best way of smashing Scientology to bits would be to amass all the stolen literature regarding Scientology by ex-members, Anonymous group etc. (there's quite a bit by now) and offer a free/open version of it, just like other traditional religions, so people can really see what a load of crap it is (you would have to put a health warning for people who want to progress quickly to OT9; apparently if you're not quite ready you'll die of pneumonia, but to be honest I'd happily take that risk for a chance of Mr. Cruise's telekinetic powers).

People would not lose their money and more importantly the pseudo-mystery that it's shrouded in would be lifted (e.g., people would be informed how it all works, for instance how the magical "e-meter" is nothing more than a simple instrument that arbitrarily measures electrical conductance through the body etc.).

Of course I have bugger all time these days, but for the less informed people who get stopped in the street by someone wanting to give them a "free personality test" maybe it would be a useful way of ousting this crap for good.

Did anyone else think that the reason Scientology has so many celebrities is because they offer them a way of laundering money/evading tax through donations while knowing that celebrities will help sell the religion? My only other theory as to why the likes of Tom is with them is that he probably let some deep dark secret slip in an auditing session and now they have a little mascot for their cult.

Would be interesting to hear your crackpot theories as well!

ALL HAIL LORD XENU!

post-77734-12668410660615.jpg

Posted

We got a DVD in our postbox " by mistake " ;) we checked it out ,it was a whole bunch of these guys exalting the good things that have happened to them since they became members of the 'Church of Scientology',I watched it with my Thirteeen year old son , I wanted to try and explain about media manipulating people, we watched it once then a second time , I mentioned to my son that something was not quite ' koscher' with the people shown in the film but I could,nt put my finger on what it was . We looked at it a third time and it was then that my son pointed out that , from maybe twenty minutes of people being interviewed close up they all had the same facial exp​ression and whilst talking not one of them had blinked . It was as if they had been switched on and were repeating a kind of Litany, maybe I'm wrong but they gave the impression that they were not talking their own thoughts .