(Skiboots) Bootfitters in Munich

9 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm looking for bootfitters in Munich that will do modifications on the boot plastic. I bought my new skiboots from Sportscheck and discovered they caused problems on the slopes ,even though they felt ok in the shop. Sportscheck refused to take them back for a reasonable price arguing they were used. They suggested to do the fitting however that was utterly unprofessional and I eventually declined. Now I'm looking for somewhere decent for the job.

Thanks!

Posted

You might like to try Sport Bittl in Allach.

I know a number of locals who recommend them.

and "good luck" when I had this problem a few years back I ended up binning a pair of Salomon boots after three weeks use.

Posted

Problems with new ski boots fitting properly are very common and unless there is a fault with the boots (unlikely) the retailer wont take them back. Most places that sell boots should be able to adjust them, personally I have found the best thing is to take them to a shop in the ski resort. Most places will do the work overnight and you then can take them straight out on the slopes to test them.

Posted

I thought I'd share my eventual experience

Since I didn't take the boots to Bittl (just because its rather far and I wasnt very sure about the level of their work, having seen the way Sportscheck handled the issue) I did some research and came over ERTL-RENZ (http://www.ertl-renz.de/). They have a store close to Frauenhoferstr. and these guys are seriously in the footwear business. Anyway, what they did for me, was fabricate new soles for the boots, of which I was completely sceptical, because the problem appeared to be in a completely other place. However the guys apparently knew what they were doing, because it worked terrifically. Set me back 100 EUR, which, officially, was the price of the soles.

Posted

Hi Just wondering if Ertl renz is still recommended for ski boots?

Posted

I'd be interested too. Also re the bootfitting question in general. A good bootfitter-- a real boot fitter-- is a godsend.

And custom or at least after-market insoles (Superfeet/Align) make a TON of difference. The first thing you should do when you get new ski boots is toss the insole that comes with it (because it's garbage). A good insole, even a non-custom one, can stop limit to bang, take up volume, prevent your ankle from rolling (which can cause either the ankle bone or forefoot hit/rub on the shell of the boot), and improve your stance/skiing.

I need a bootfitter to do a small punch in the area of the fifth metatarsal head.

Posted

just wondering if anyone ever ended up finding a decent bootfitter in Munich?

Posted

Best place to figure that out is to post on TGR (be careful) or Epicski (not as many euros) and ask for a bootfitter there. I do remember hearing about some folks in Tirol, probably Innsbruck area... but don't remember the thread/names.

If it's something simple, the folks at Intersport on Humboldt Strasse-- literally 2 meters from one of the Kolumbusplatz U-Bahn exits-- will punch boots for 5 euros per spot. More or less fixed the hotspot I had.

Posted

thanks might give them a try as trying to DIY fit some cheap boots after not having much luck with localish fitters :(