Women's fitness classes - free trial

29 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello

My name is Jeff Goldsmith I am personal/group fitness trainer from the USA. I Would just like to tell all the english speaking or Duetsch speaking women about the FREE fitness classes that I teach on Monday and Thursday Evening.

The classes are taught in English. They consist of basic Yoga and stretching exercises as well as cardiovascular and muscle toning exercises. Each class is about an hour long and is a great way to relieve stress burn som fat and meet a lot of great people. The best part about it is that its FREE.

I HOPE TO SEE YPU ALL THERE

DATES AND TIMES

Monday 8:45-9:45pm Grundschule gymnastik hall in back of school. Adresse is Ruppiner straße 49 Berlin. Ubahn stop is Bernauer Straße

Thursday 8:00-8:50 and 9:00-9:50pm am Zirkus Fair Play Kita

http://grundstrasse10.de/jeff/ This is the link to my homepage... It is under construction but all of my Credentials are there.

Posted

Has anyone been to this class and have any feedback to offer? I am interested in joining but would like to hear from others first. Thanks!

Posted

I am also curious whether someone has gone to these classes or if they are still in fact running. Free fitness classes - Seems too good to be true!!

If they are good, might go this thursday

Posted

To all those who are interested, the classes are still going...

So just to clarify the free part, The first 3 are free. After that you can sign up for 15 euros a month, this is still a very good deal considering the average gym membership is around 40 euros.

We need more women for the class on Thursday and there is still space on Mon.

Hope to see you all there:)

Posted

To all those who are interested, the classes are still going...

So just to clarify the free part, The first 3 are free. After that you can sign up for 15 euros a month, this is still a very good deal considering the average gym membership is around 40 euros.

We need more women for the class on Thursday and there is still space on Mon.

Hope to see you all there:)

Posted

Just want to let those who are curious know that I went to Jeff's class on Monday! I would've written a review sooner, but instead I learned a new word in German: "Muskelkater". Which literally translates to "muscle hangover". Which is what you get when you work out for the first time in 3 months. Can you believe I was even too sore to type? Ouch! :D

That said, Jeff's classes are totally legit, no worries, and I'm hoping I can persuade some more TTers to join.

For those with questions, Jeff has actually posted his number in the first post, you can call him and ask him whatever questions you might have. When I called, he explained that the "free" bit (which seems to have some ppl concerned) is because he was hired by some foundation whose goal it is to get Berliners to be more physically active.

The Monday class is held in a school gym, the entrance is actually at Ruppiner Straße 48 (not 49, as stated above), but it's pretty obvious when you get there: the gate is the entrance to the school. Due to construction in the street, many of the street lights were out, which was the dodgiest bit about this whole experience. It was a little creepy. But once you get to the school, go through to the back, through the school yard, there is a brightly lit sports building in the back where you will see ppl playing badminton. Once inside, there are changing rooms to the right (no lockers, but you can bring your stuff into the gym room with you; there are showers, but we end 10 minutes before they close the building, so I didn't have time to use them)

The room where the class is held, is on the other side, to the left of the entrance, through the door near the window.

The facility was quite clean, and a cleaning lady was scrubbing away the whole time I was there. It is a school gym, so nothing luxurious, and no mirrored walls either. But good, clean, basic facilities.

Then for the class. Mind you, this is not an aerobics-style dance class, set to music. It's an EXERCISE class. It reminded me mostly of a form of circuit training. We did push-ups, sit-ups, lunges, squats, jumping jacks, some running, lifted (light) weights, did some more sit-ups, and of course a warm-up and cool-down. The exercises were all short sets, so basically you can make it as intense as you like. The pace is pretty fast.

The women at the class (only 6 in total) were all German, and they all appeared to be new mothers (or at least that's what they looked like: a little disheveled, a little tired, and packing a few extra pounds). So no need to feel intimidated if you aren't in the best of shape, haven't got a skintight Flashdance-era leotard to wear, or couldn't for the life of you fit into one if you did. You'll be amongst friends. :)

That said, what I found to be a little lacking in the class was a sense of humor: people either moaning and groaning, or cheering each other on, or begging the instructor for mercy... The German women just seemed to be following orders, making sure not to over-exert themselves. When half the group was made to do jumping jacks (my half), for the amount of time it took the others to run up and down the room three times, and I shouted out: "Schneller, bitte, schneller!", they kind of giggled and shot me weird looks.

So yeah, I wouldn't mind having a few more "crazy" ex-pats join me next time...!

As for the exercises, I think I might've overdone it a bit. But I only have myself to blame. Jeff, whilst by no means a drill instructor, knows how to really make you work up a good sweat. If I keep this up every week, not only do I have no doubt I'll be ready to wear my bikini when the time comes, but I think I'll also be able to crack walnuts. Between my butt cheeks...

Hope to see some more of you on Monday!

Posted

Thanks for the additional info Jeff and Berlinda. You've convinced me...I will be there tomorrow!

See you then,

Jennifer

Posted

Great review! I've been trying to doing some workouts at home... this sounds like it'd be way better than what I can come up with on my own. I'd like to come.

Posted

Sounds good! I'll try and come along tomorrow.

Posted

Hey I might try and come tomorrow as well! Need to loose some weight! Not looking forward to the pain though : (

Posted

is this still happening???

Posted

Righto, I'm game to give this a shot! (No laughing at me when I collapse after running one lap of the gym, ok??) See you next Monday!

Posted

Great that you're doing this, Jeff! I have to check this out sometime!

Posted

Is this still happening at Bernauer Str.? Just asking bc I live around the corner :)

Also, I have a membership at the FIT gym at Rosenthaler Platz - if anyone else is a member there or interested in a membership please get in touch with me. I need a gym buddy :)

Posted

I just contacted Jeff about where the Thursday class is and he replied:

"Fair Play kita is a bit tricky to find. If you are on Friedrichstrasse just head toward the river. Once you cross the bridge take an immediate left followed by an immediate right, this is Am Zirkus. Take it all the way to the end and on the left is what looks like an old brick building is Fair Play Kita."

So the classes are definitely still happening - he's happy to give more info so just email him if you need more help finding the place. :)

Posted

THEY ARE BACK!

I hope all of you enjoyed your summer break and were able to soak up some sunshine :rolleyes:

The evening fitness classes for women are back in full effect starting this evening.

M- 8:30pm Ruppinerstrasse 48/49 in the sport hall behind the school. The entrance is well lit and so is the building. Nearest Ubahn stop is Bernauerstrasse.

Th- 8:00pm Fair Play Kida at the end of AmZirkus. Just off Friedrichstrasse. This ine is a bit tricky to find, So to help you I will be meeting people at the Friedrichstrasse S-bahn stop infront of the McDonalds. mmmmmm McDonalds ;)

You are more than welcome to try the first couple of classes for free to see if they fit you.

After that you can attend eight classes a month for 20 euros. Registration is online through VIKTORIA MITTE ... Its in German so if you need help you can contact me

Jeff Goldsmith

factpt@gmail.com

Posted

We still have 4 spots for the Mon Class and 5 for the Thursday class- Get your butt up and move ;)