Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Axis and Allies board game

28 posts in this topic

Posted

For some scko reason I brought this game with me overseas (I love strategy games). Was wondering if anyone else would like a game or an easy game of chess (weak player here).

Posted

I haven't played it, but I saw it at a games fair here in Munich and thought it looked interesting. I wouldn't mind playing it sometime, although you'd have to teach me the rules.

Posted

Join us at games night and I am sure there will be players. I like stategy games too.

Posted

Nice my first invite! There is a tear in my eye.

Posted

I used to play this quite a lot in college. Would love to play again.

Posted

this was my favourite game as a kid. we used to have wet winter saturday games. great fun

also had "shogun" and "fortress america"

all three are still in my mothers shed. i wont let her throw them out

Posted

Have never played A&A, but I'm a big fan of strategy games. I'll certainly give it a go if you promise to be gentle with me :) Which version do you have, 2004 or the 1984 one, or one of the variants?

I'm definitely up for a strategy games evening or six. I think I've even got Civilization around somewhere, o we could make it a strategy games fortnight if you want to play that ;) I don't think I ever actually finished playing it, even once.

I actually made this gentle suggestion to whoever it was that runs the games evening, but never got a reply. I think my talk of Junta, Kingmaker, and the like, put him off :P

ObLink: http://www.boardgamegeek.com

Posted

From what I understand the board is the same but the rules and options vary. I have played both ( I think). The newer version is more practical.

Posted

@OhFFS, you didn't put me off. I love strategy games. To be honest, I don't remember your suggestion. It could be that no one had those, I will have to check the Games Night archive. The next one will be in 3 or 4 weeks, but need to check with my father as he will be in town visiting in May.

Scrabble, Cranium, Taboo and Trivial Pursuit have all been cool, but maybe it is time for a bit of a change. Of course, more than one game can be played. There is enough room.

Posted

I sent you a PM, if I remember rightly. Problem is eurvol that I'm not sure the kind of games I'd want to play are really up everyone's street, and I don't want to disrupt your normal games. If we can have those games as extras, either at your place or elsewhere, then that would be great. I'd love to play Junta if anyone has a copy; Kremlin; Elefantenparade; Parliament; Snit's Revenge :ph34r: ... Anything. I'm easy.

All I have in Munich is Kingmaker and a few two handed games like Kuhhandel, Die Siedler (card game), and Caesar & Cleopatra (just don't mention the orgies). On the other hand, I've been wanting an excuse to buy something like Breaking Away for a while, even if the cyclists do look like little plastic ducks in the photo, so I'll quite happily put my hand in my pocket for a bit of pleasure. In fact I'm quite used to it.

Posted

There is room for many games. B)

Posted

I used to play this a while back...I think though, that it´s illegal here in Germany. Too many swastikas and paraphenilia.

Posted

Illegal? I just saw it at the game store , Well my board has no swastikas ( i would not tolerate that myself).

Posted

They have Axis & Allies Pacific War in Fischer on Karlsplatz (in English)

Posted

I guess I shold tell anyone who has not played this that is a long game. Eight hours so that might destuade some of you...but if someone is willing to host Ill bring some beer :P

Posted

and NoDoz! ;)

Posted

I am up for trying this. When?

Posted

Just wanted to see if anyone is up for a game 8 years after the last post...I live in Munich and have played for years and years...I will be bringing my Europe version along with the new WWI version from overseas in September...As for right now, I am getting a 1942 2nd edition or a D Day to teach a friend the basics...

Posted

Gasp!

There are board game nerds in Munich? I left my entire collection in the States, so I would love to hang out and play a few.

Im also lonely and need to hang out with people of my type. I cant gush over Game of Thrones with any of the people that I know, or enjoy the references from the new Star Trek film with all these engineering students...

Posted

I prefer the term "enthusiast"...When you're married and the wife dominates the big screen except for bayern games, it makes you find hobbies...It was great back in the states with games going late and with everyone being an expert, it made for some tense ones. Not to mention when there was cash on the table!

Do you know Axis and Allies?

Posted

Of course. Ive never played it however. If I can play the 100 hour sessions of Guns of August or Diplomacy, im sure I can learn AA quickly.

Posted

Say, do you guys know about the games meetup (currently in Mils Sportrestaurant

in Milbertshofen)?

http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=168629&st=0

(go to last page for current meetup).

I like WW1 and WW2 games, sounds like a fun idea.

Posted

Wow. I no longer have the box but have all the pieces to my A& A set as well board. I took it in to a local RPG club and the owner was in shock to see my board. Since I have a 80's U.S. version mine it has one or two small things that are illegal. They werent swastikas but something ...I forgot whatr it was. Too bad I no longer have the time that I use to. With two experienced people it takes 24 hours , anymore people than that it is a weeks task. I now just play Hearts of Iron or Panzer/Allied General on the PC.

Posted

I have an 80's version from US too...I wonder what was illegal about it...

I am tied up until early june, at which time I will know if I am teaching my course in July. If I am not, I will have time to play, if I am, I will be available after July 7. I haven't forgotten those who are interested and will be in touch...

Posted

Hey people, I have some time in the next couple months for some AA. I will have europe 1940 in the next couple weeks and I will be dying to try it out. Good dates are weekends in July if on Saturday or sunday , or if on sunday, June 23 is a possibility.

Let me know who is interested and on which dates work for you. I would rather not bring it to a restaurant as I like a few biers while I play...

later