Halal food at KFC in Germany

107 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi, does any body know or have any idea about KFC offering Halal Food in Germany.

If they really are offering Halal food, can someone direct me their branch in Frankfurt that does so.

Thanks,

Posted

i highly doubt they would offer halal food, i highly doubt any fast food place to offer halal food. Even though i was thinking about it last night, that if they use halal food it would probably raise their revenues, since they would have covered all sides of the market, but by th end of the day... they just simply dont ! :(

Posted

Yep I dont know how long you have been here but it has been my experience even if you write something in english to cust. service you do get a response back in english. Granted this is usually for big companies and franchises. So do write them via the link. BTW what the hell is Halal? Or do you work for the company and your doing a promotion? If so post coupons..if no coupons get the hell outta here J/K So no coupons?

Posted

The chicken comes from a Halal provider, if you want to eat it or not is you own decision, some people do not trust what happens after the chicken arrives in KFC, some do. I and my family eat there once in a while, so do other friends.

Posted

Hi, few days back i asked the same question through KFC, DE website and this is the response that i got:

"Sehr geehrter Herr Rizwan,

Wir freuen uns sehr über Ihr Interesse an Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Unser Geflügel-Fleisch beziehen wir von namhaften Lieferanten, die sämtliche gesetzliche Richtlinien erfüllen und Halal-zertifiziert schlachten.

KFC selbst ist nicht Halal zertifiziert, wir bereiten das Hähnchen jedoch nach unseren hohen Qualitätsstandards zu.

Wir haben selbst Moslems unter unseren Mitarbeitern und versichern Ihnen zudem, dass wir kein Schweinefleisch und keinen Alkohol verwenden.

Sie können bedenkenlos auch in der Zeit des Ramadan Kentucky Fried Chicken besuchen und Ihren ?Iftar? bei uns eröffnen.?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Ihr KFC Team"

----------------------------------------------------

and now the Google Translation:

----------------------------------------------------

Dear Rizwan,

We are very excited about your interest in Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Our poultry meat is purchased from reputable suppliers who meet all legal guidelines and is certified halal slaughter.

KFC itself is not Halal certified, we are preparing the chicken, but according to our high quality standards.

We have even Muslims among our employees and also assure you that we no pork or alcohol use.

You can visit safely in the time of Ramadan and your Kentucky Fried Chicken? Iftar? open to us.?

Sincerely,

Your Team KFC

-------------------------------

Im not sure, but does anyone has any opinion?

Posted

Why would you think KFC (or any fast food place) would serve halal food?

You do know that their livestock is mass produced and mass slaughtered? Or you should know.

If you're muslim, i would say stick to what you know for sure and support other muslim establishments in the muslim community that kill their livestock in a manner that you can trust.

Posted

Im not sure, but does anyone has any opinion?

Not sure about what? They told you that the chickens are slaughtered according to Halal standards but that the rest of the ingredients they use for their products may not necessarily be Halal so they cannot claim Halal certification. It's up to you to decide if that's acceptable or not.

Posted

Can we clear up the issue of what exactly is halal. I have read slaughtering an animal by slitting the throat while fully conscious.

I struggle to understand what makes this more human?

I was trying to give a positive rating...not a negative! :(

I agree...what makes this more human??? Please explain if I am misunderstanding....

Posted

Can we clear up the issue of what exactly is halal. I have read slaughtering an animal by slitting the throat while fully conscious.

I struggle to understand what makes this more humane?

The slaughtering part is at the bottom of the page - Halal

Posted

I wonder what would happen if I asked them if I could get non-halal meat?

But as they electrocute the chickens and then chop their heads off I think they have both bases covered - halal as the animal is still alive when it gets cut and non-halal as the thing is unconcious at the time.

Still if you want to let religion decide what/how you eat then fast food places run for the benefit of shareholders is probably not your best choice of eating establishment.

Posted

Let's be honest. You've cooped your animals up all their life so they hardly move and are basically only grown to be eaten. Does it matter how they are terminated when they've been living inhumainly anyway?

Posted

Ok I am not going to ruin anyones reading pleasures by adding pics or video. But if you think this method is human check out petas videos and watch a cow scream and squirm over 5 minutes while it bleeds to death.

I agree no method is human, but this is an outrage. I agree I want to ask for non halal meat. Better off I should just go veggie again.

Here is a site mulsims against halal meats (No graphic images on this page just text addressing the issue from a Islamic viewpoint)

Posted

From British KFC website:

...we are running a halal trial in a small number of stores in the London area...

8. Is KFC’s halal chicken stunned before slaughter?

Yes, we insist that all our poultry is stunned before slaughter. Our halal chicken has been accredited by the Halal Food Authority, one of the most widely recognised bodies in the UK and overseas. It allows the use of a technique called 'stun-to-stun' - a pain free process that makes the animal insensible to pain and suffering. A verse is also recited from the Koran at the point of slaughter by an appropriate person and the poultry cannot come into contact with non-halal meat at any point in the supply chain.

http://www.kfc.co.uk/about-kfc/halal/

Perhaps it's best to contact them directly.

That would certainly seem a lot easier than going to the trouble of signing onto a website in order to post the original message. But perhaps the OP wanted to start a debate.

Posted

Let's be honest. You've cooped your animals up all their life so they hardly move and are basically only grown to be eaten. Does it matter how they are terminated when they've been living inhumainly anyway?

It does to Allah, apparently. Its also apparently important to slaughter them in his name too, bloodthirsty guy that he is.

Posted

i highly doubt they would offer halal food, i highly doubt any fast food place to offer halal food.

Actually, quite a number of Döner joints do (although only a majority either). At least around here, where most of them are owned by one of only three clans anyway.

Posted

Let's be a little bit fair. If we go to a foreign country then we do tend to at some point seach out some food from our home culture. When I went to India I was so excited because I could eat curry for two weeks. That was until the end of the first week when I realised curry every day for lunch and dinner wasn't actually all it was cracked up to be. So McDonalds we did hunt. Strangly it lacked beef products...

Having said that. To have even the slightest expectation that a multinational fast food chain might be serving their food using another cultures customs would seem to be somewhat culturally niave.

Posted

To have even the slightest expectation that a multinational fast food chain might be serving their food using another cultures customs would seem to be somewhat culturally niave.

But KFC kind of do it in Germany and several other European countries. That's the point of this thread, the OP is not asking about halal food in general, he is asking specifically about KFC, probably because somebody told him and he wants to confirm it.

Posted

Actually, quite a number of Döner joints do (although only a majority either). At least around here, where most of them are owned by one of only three clans anyway.

Heidberg has clans? Awesome! Any city that has clans is plus plus in my book. As far as I know clubs are not illegal in Germany so Htown here I come.

Posted

Let's be a little bit fair. If we go to a foreign country then we do tend to at some point seach out some food from our home culture. ...

Totally true. But that is due to taste. If you fancy a special dish just like you used to get it back home, that is a matter of taste.

halal meat on the other hand has not got anything to do with taste, just with some cultural 'fancy'. Because halal meat does not taste any different from other meat - especially iin places like KFC.

Posted

In certain areas of the UK of course. In Germany the answer is 'kind of' which is not exactly kosher is it?

Posted

In Germany the answer is 'kind of' which is not exactly kosher is it?

As I mentioned at the beginning of the thread, the chicken meat itself is halal, from there it is up to the person to decide. For me it is OK, for other people it is not.