Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Free/cheap life drawing classes in Berlin

22 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm pretty rusty as regards drawing, would love to do dust off the cobwebs. Any info on existing classes

would be greatly appreciated. I don't really need classes as such, no tutor, just a model and some like-

minded people enthusiastic about drawing,

ta,

Chris

Posted

hello

I'm a life model and will be working with two places from October, as soon as i get the names of the places i will let you know. im the mean time i am available if you need a model. Might be a bit boring on your own though...

Posted

Mioux.. How does one actually become a life model? Ive allways wondered!

Posted

I just emailed a load of places when i lived in Dublin and from my own experience at going to classes i knew what to do as a model. Its really easy after the first few classes. Ive been doing it for about two years now. Now i'm here in Berlin and the same thing applies, just email the places and let them know you're available. :)

Posted

I go life drawing a lot in the UK, but do it on the street as there's more variety and as noone sits still for long, it's really good for your observation. We've got quite a big group that get together regularly and I'm missing it!

I'd be up for doing it here if you fancy hooking up one evening?

Negatives= No nudity..

Pluses: Great interaction with people and possible beer powered doodling

Posted

I'd be up for it too. Had somethign ilimiar going in Dublin before I came here: we just used to meet somewhereon Sunbday afternoons and draw...

P.

Posted

hehehe i thought it said 'beer powered drooling' ! i was really confused

Posted

Paulbb- Sorry for the slow reply! When are you free? Evenings or weekends? I can't really do days, but am itching to do some drawing

Mioux- We could do that too, though it might take a a few beers!

Posted

not a class exactly, but having been to nights in other countries i think you'd have a good time

http://www.drsketchy-berlin.de/

Posted

Thanks! I always wanted to go to one of those in London :)

Posted

Okay, I want to start doing street life drawing this week. If anyone wants to meet up maybe tuesday or thursday let me know pls

Might have to do it somewhere warm like a museum though. This city is CHILLY!

Posted

Am back in Berlin this week if anyone fancies meeting up and drawing. I was thinking a museum could be good as you could draw and look at stuff too

Posted

*NEW* LIFE DRAWING WORKSHOPS! Check them out...

http://lifedrawingberlin.visualsociety.com/

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=162114307186558

Join us on Saturday 4th June 2011 for:

<< *Life Drawing Berlin's *OPENING* Afternoon! >>

Workshop : 15:30 - 18:00

BBQ & Drinks : 18:00 - 21:00

Our first life drawing workshop will only be €10 for everyone. We provide an interesting model, an experienced tutor, and materials! (feel free to bring your own materials & sketchbook).

This workshop will be followed with a BBQ and drinks, hosted by MicaMoca (www.micamoca.com).

It's a great chance to meet some of the professional tutors who'll be leading the workshops, get to know fellow aspiring, emerging, or even established artists looking to develop and enhance their drawing technique, and enjoy some drinks & food at this amazing location (see MicaMoca website for photos).

EVERYONE WELCOME!!

Whether you're a complete beginner or a life drawing pro, it would be great to see you there...

Posted

Summer Painting & Drawing Course in Berlin

** still room for 2 more students!! **

Berlin Collective : Mira O’Brien, Artist & Instructor

This course will introduce basic techniques in drawing and painting, which will be developed into a personal project. A very limited number of students will meet in the artist’s studio in Kreuzberg. Painting and drawing from observation will be the starting focus, taking advantage of the summer weather with plein air painting, visiting the incredible ready-made still lives of Berlin’s Natural History Museum, and drawing from a live model. The critique sessions and theoretical instruction held back in the studio will give rise to individual projects for the second part of the class. Each student will receive personalized instruction on his or her chosen project.

Mira O’Brien is an American artist based in Berlin. She received her MFA in Painting from Yale University and her BA in art and philosophy from UCLA. Her teaching experience ranges from Yale to public schools in Los Angeles. Her work is exhibited internationally, notably in the Torrance Art Museum in Los Angeles, a solo show at Vierter Stock supported by the US Embassy in Berlin, and a project in east-Berlin’s historic theater the Volksbühne.

Summer 2011

Meets 2 times a week: Monday 10-1pm, Wednesday 6-9pm

Cost: 10 euros an hour, 3 hours a day (30 euros a day)

Posted

Join the Berlin Collective Winter Drawing Workshop, starting in January 2012!

For more information visit http://berlincollective.de/study-abroad/workshops

or email the instructor at miraob@gmail.com

post-31186-13230892146667.jpg

Posted

Yes there is a way to do free life drawing. Every Friday evening between 18:30 and 22:30 there is a session on the ground floor studio at 8 Ebertystrasse just off Landsberger Allee in Friedrichshain.

Posted

I'll life model for free. Just give me enough vodka to pass out and you can draw my collapsed body to your hearts content.

Posted

This Berlin Collective course is really reasonably priced at 7.5 Euros an hour and definitely worth every cent.

post-215591-13576744563481_thumb.jpg