Table tennis in Berlin

30 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys out here.

I like Table Tennis and am sick and tired of playing the same old people in my office. There are only two or three in the office who stretch me now. I am not a very attacking player and play kind of defensive and do not certainly know how good I am though I am arguably the best in my office. I am sure there are guys out in Berlin who will probably kick my ass but you only get better the more you play.There is a very nice TT table in my office and if any of you guys are interested in playing table tennis with me quite soon ( maybe the week after next week ), you are welcome

I would prefer meeting one or two ( guys or girls ) because I cannot take a whole load of you people to my office and since we would be doing it on the weekdays, we probably would have to do it after 8pm or so so that no one is there in the office. It is not illegal to bring friends to the office to play TT but we cannot do it when there are people working.

So , if any of you guys ( be it female or male ) are interested in playing Table tennis , do let me know.

There are enough paddles and balls.

Hit me if you are interested.

Posted

I hope it is understood what I meant by " I would meet only one or two people from this forum for TT" . I meant that I can only meet two to three people at a time whenever we do meet.

Posted

Ever thought about joining the TableTennis section of a sports club? If your better than the average casual player that may be the best option.

Posted

Hi Mathew,

I know you wrote it several months ago,but may be there is a tiny chance that you are still interested, cause I definetly am. I´m living in Kreuzberg too, and I want to start again with table tennis. ( I´m a reasonably good player, or at least I was, but what ever I lost will come back pretty soon.) So I hope I will hear from you.

Martin

Posted

Hey

i' m also up for some ping pong, i live in kreuzberg as well

Posted

Hi Guys, Just checked it today.

Maybe, I can meet you guys for a round of beers or so and then we can play TT. Maybe in about a week or two. I hope you don't mind if I bring my wife along too when we do finally meet. She plays okay. What do you guys do here in Berlin?

Posted

Hey there,

I'd like to join, if possible. I'm not a pro, but I had a table at home and practiced every summer. I love Table tennis :-)

Posted

Wow!. A lot of activity here after a lull of many months. I would prefer meeting one or two at once at the most. Have to accommodate the others in the following days. The problem is that I will take you guys to my office and I do not think it is appropriate to have so many at one time in my office.

Posted

If anyone is still down for some table tennis, I'm ready and willing.

Posted

Hi Matthew,

i play a bit(maybe a bit modest but played as a teenager in a club in Oz) I beat all my friends and we play 3 or for times during the week outside in the summer. Winter is difficult but the SEZ on landsbergerallee have tables for 7€ the hr. I also heard there is a place in friedrichshain that has a flat rate on sundays for 10€ as long as you like... THere is a billard bar on the corner of Neue Schoenhauserallee and Munzstr that has a room off the side that has a table as well. 5€ the hour.

Posted

I too am really keen to play some table tennis somewhere! Hiring a table would be fine, please let me know if you're up for a few games.

Posted

If guys are still interested in Table Tennis... I work for a sport club here in Berlin and they run Table Tennis games Sunday evening in a big sporthall near friedrichstrasse. There are about 8 tables.. You need to bring your own paddles and balls.

Its 5 euros per person for 3 hours time

I have the key to the sporthall contact me if you wish to play.

There is hardly anyone that ever shows up so you guys will have the place to yourself

Posted

Am interested, havent played for years mind.... Where is it? Anybody interested in giving me a game?

Posted

I've been going to the Neukölln Tischtennisverein quite a lot over the last few months.

http://www.ttc-neukoelln.de/

They have two large halls in a sports centre and it's always quite busy with players. Tuesday and Thursday evening is for Freizeitsportler which means anyone can turn up and play and you don't have to be a member. It costs 3 euro and you can play however much you want between 17 and 22.

If you're more serious about it, you can also become a member and attend regular practice pretty much every night of the week.

Most of the people there are locals too, so it's a good chance to practice some German.

If anyone's interested in joining in next time I go, just send me a message through here.

Posted

I've just got to Berlin and would love to meet up with a few people and play some games regularly.

Posted

A lot of responses after quite some time. Good. Will probably check out the one in Neukoelln.

Thanks

Posted

Reviving an old thread here...

Not so new to Berlin but new enough to TT - I'm looking for some table tennis amigos if anyone's still game... Drop me a line or if there's a meet up happening I'd love to join.

Posted

I would be staying in Berlin for the next 6 months in Arwobau Apartment, Popitzweig-5, near Siemensdamm. I am a Table Tennis Player would like to practice TT in Berlin. I would prefer to practice in the evening after my office hours (post 6p.m.) and also on the weekends. Can somebody help please? My cell # is +4917610267846.

Posted

Sure I'd give you guys a game! I'm also a coach so if anyone wants to improve, I'm your gal!

Posted

Is anyone up for some table tennis? I'm a decent player, but come nothing close the crazy high-speed playing I've seen in some places around here. I'm just looking for someone who'd like to play table tennis in the park sometime.

Mitte/Kreuzberg/Neukoelln preferred, but I don't mind traveling to other neighborhoods as well.

PM me if you're interested...

-willow