Going rates of pay for house cleaning in Berlin

16 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been offered a minijob as a housecleaner and need to submit my rate. I have no idea what the going rates are as everything I've found is a couple of years old.

The job is just outside Berlin in Kleinmanchow.

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

Posted

We "inherited"a housecleaner from the previous (German) tenants and her rate is €10/hour. We checked with other friends and they pay the same.

Posted

Thank you, that's a great help! That's the rate I was thinking of asking.

Posted

Non-skilled labor is way overpaid here.

Posted

Nah, only Schwarzarbeit. Remember, a regular employee would end up with 4-5 € net on that rate, which would be below minimum wage in the US.

Posted

In my experience, €8 per hour is the going rate - I haven't heard of it any higher unless you bring all the supplies and have to travel far. Best of luck with it.

Posted

We pay 10€ down here, and I am fine with it. She irons and we trust her. We even pay 11€ most of the time.

Posted

7 to 8 euro per hour

Posted

The woman who keeps my place spick and span gets 15€ per hour. She is great, efficient, always on time and never complains. Apart from that she brings her own cleaning stuff and uses the phone to contact her relatives so perhaps that makes a difference. I would rather have someone I trust than someone based purely on price.

Posted

Hi,

I'm an italian IT professionist, looking as well for a trusted and reliable cleaning lady.

References are very welcome. I live in PrenzLauer Berg, in front of Max Schmeling Allee

regards,

G.

Posted

Help... need a cleaning lady TODAY for an urgent and BIG BIG job... can any of you who commented here recommend yours?

They would make a lot of money today :) :)

smiles.

Posted

Does anyone know a trustworthy reliable person to clean our flat in Pankow?

Many thanks

Posted

Need a cleaner in Berlin for my flat, my office and my colleague's flat. All Mitte. Any recommendations please?

Posted

Bump. Looking for someone in Prenzlauer Berg, and I trust Toytowners more than Ebay Kleinanzeigen! Does anybody know someone who's free once a week or so?

Posted

Non-skilled labor is way overpaid here.

You can clean the house yourself and save yourself a few bucks; after all it is an non-skilled, therefore you can easily do it...

BTW I pay 10 eur hour to the clean lady my room-mate arranged and I don't complain.