English-speaking people around Chemnitz

22 posts in this topic

Posted

just wondering if there are any english speaking people around chemnitz?

Posted

lol , fantastic answer ;)

Posted

I´m just looking for something like a language exchange and seem to be a bit unlucky by living in a city like chemnitz.

Posted

I highly recommend Les. He's exchanged "languages" with many people over the years. He's cheap and flexible.

Posted

Despite the wavering with the existence of any other one, at least there is one!

Posted

I would very much appreciate if there really is at least one person nearby, that one could have a chat in english with every now and then. So, you live in Chemnitz?

Posted

They also have something at Tietz center once a month where people meet to talk in English..French..Spanish etc. You may find your native speaker there.

Posted

oh thanks. I´ll have a look and try on that.

Posted

Hi 'andra!

Sorry for the delay in my reply. I do not check the forum regularly.

I'm actually to the west of Chemnitz, but I'm in Jena quite frequently and Leipzig now and then.

I have been meaning to visit to see what is left of the old Karl-Marx-Stadt [ :) ] and check out some of the museums. If a 'language lunch' would work for you during an occasional visit please feel free to drop me a message.

It must be difficult in this area if you do actually wish to connect with English speakers, as we are spread a bit thin. I hear stories of an American woman who lives two towns over; but I think those are just rumours... :lol:

I hope your language search is successful!

Posted

FINALLY! i have arrived in Chemnitz and desperate to meet up with people that i can chill with in English, not having too much success having met a total of 0 foreigners since i'm here. So if anyone's still out there and loving Chemnitz for whatever reason... let me know.

Posted

Hi there!

I've recently moved to Chemnitz and I would like to meet new people here! :D

Posted

Hello,

Me and my friends have an English Regulars Table every two weeks in Chemnitz. The original idea was to speak and train the language but grew ever since.

By now (February 2012), it's a small, international group of Germans and expats from different sectors like research/university, civil service and other businesses. (Most of the students usually have their network within the "Erasmus" exchange program on campus.)

It's a good way to get to know different bars and the night-life in Chemnitz, some more expats, and ask the locals about strange German customs or grammar rules. :)

If you're looking to meet some English speaking, open-minded people in Chemnitz, just write me a message (*) and I'll give you the date and place for the next meeting.

M.

(*) contact by PM or www.[social Network by M. Zuckerberg].com/profile.php?id=618689273

Posted

Hello! I live in Glauchau, in the area around Zwickau/Chemnitz, and am interested in this English get-together meet-up that happens in Chemnitz regularly. I have been here about 6 months and don't know so many people in the area. I have found it especially difficult to meet young Germans nearby. I'd love to know more information!

Thanks!

Posted

Hello everyone...

Just moved to Chemnitz and I´m looking for english speaking people in the area :rolleyes

Can you let me know if you meet up, or if you are interested in going for a coffee...

Enjoy the day!!

Posted

English speaking person here :)

Posted

Hey everyone,

I just moved to Chemnitz from the US. I am looking to make some English speaking friends to help ease the transition while I learn the language. If anyone wants to meet up, send me a PM.

Posted

I'm further south and west near Crimmitschau also looking for English conversation. My partner and I will be in Zwickau house sitting for 3 days over Christmas if anyone would like to meet and speak.

Posted

We travel to C-town this time of year to celebrate with my BF's family and we often go out to the local watering hole (The Monk: Franz-Mehring-Straße 22 09112 Chemnitz) to unwind.

We'll be there for a few hours on the evening of the 26th. If you'd like to chit-chat and have a few drinks then feel free to pop-in. We'll most likely be the only English speaking table and I'll definitely be the only woman of color in the joint :P.

The place gets busy quickly as the booze are cheap and the grub is resonable, so the earlier you get there, the better your chances of having a place to sit.

Hope to meet a few peeps!

Take care!

Posted

Anyone up for a meeting in Chemnitz one day between jan. 20-25th 2013.

I will be in town visiting my daughter. she could use some english speaking support.

she just moved back there from the USA.